Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Kilmarnock (13th November) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Kilmarnock (13th November)

Admin

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Muirhead keeping his place while Lyon is dropped after their respective performances last week is certainly an interesting decision. As is Blues starting ahead of McGrattan after Blues' last few performances and McGrattan's contribution from the bench last week.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Mcpherson is an idiot. Crazy selection. Especially with Oksanen missing.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Weren’t actually looking too terrible up until the first goal. Ugwu’s hold up play was good and Muirhead was even playing okay. Can’t see us getting back in to it now, though.

Knowles looked in significant pain when he went down. Hopefully not a serious injury and fingers crossed it won’t be a long lay-off.

4-4-2 with centre forwards out wide can work against shite like Dunfermline who won't do anything with the space that inevitably gives them. It can't against better teams like Kilmarnock who will find that space and exploit it, as shown by Oliver being nowhere for both of those goals.

We actually looked alright at 0-0, but ever since they scored they've just overloaded our left hand side every time they've had the ball. This could turn into a pumping.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Just when you think it can't get worse Reilly comes on. Not sure we can be more bereft of craft, vision or invention but having Muirhead, Blues and Reilly on the park at the same time is more than I can take.

2nd goal flatters Killie but you just knew it was likely. Big Gozie working hard to keep us in this but I fear it's a lost cause.

8 minutes ago, TaunTon said:

Just when you think it can't get worse Reilly comes on. Not sure we can be more bereft of craft, vision or invention but having Muirhead, Blues and Reilly on the park at the same time is more than I can take.

Would strongly disagree with this part alone, as we actually created a few good opportunities through decent play going forward in the first half hour - Ugwu's header off the bar being the best chance. 

The problem is that the line-up is completely unbalanced and once Kilmarnock worked out where the weaknesses were at the back, they've taken control. We should not have had four forwards on the pitch to begin with. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

15 minutes ago, TaunTon said:

Gozie with no support doesn't add up to 4 forwards. 

Yes it does, because they are still forwards with all the attributes of forwards, only shoehorned into terrible positions. You are Jim McInally, playing a 4-5-1 with Chris Templeman as a left winger, and I claim my ten pounds. 

There was also plenty of support for Ugwu in the first half hour. Shame we didn't give anywhere near as much support for Russell defensively as we might not have been murdered. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

17 minutes ago, TaunTon said:

I seem to remember that forwards scored goals occasionally. I know it's only a minor attribute to you but nonetheless it does make a wee difference. 

Is Gary Oliver a midfielder? Is Gary Oliver a defender? Which third of the park is he expected to play in as a professional footballer? 

You can then answer the same questions for Muirhead, Knowles and Ugwu to conclude that yes, we were in fact playing four forwards in a Mike Bassett, 4-4-2 formation today.  

6 hours ago, ChampTon said:

Decided against going today.

£20 at this time of the year (plus travel and the rest) and missing our two best players just fills me with dread.  

Would rather be sitting at home in all honesty.

Hope I am made to regret this decision though!

Good decision then.

Archived