Match Preview/Thread - Dunfermline vs Morton (6th November) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Dunfermline vs Morton (6th November)

Admin

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Not withstanding the whys and wherefores of the management situation.

That's an excellent result.

And the first time we scored three since St. Lewis' Day, the 3-2 comeback win against the little people. 

EOho8Pw.png

Well I certainly did not see that coming once the teamsheet was announced. A victory for Gus and the gang this weekend, and a win that stops us from being cut dangerously adrift of 8th upwards. That's Dunfermline's fate now and they'll need a good appointment to get out of their predicament. 

Happy for Ugwu to continue his recovery to fitness with another goal though I'm already expecting another injury given the way he puts himself about. There's no way to avoid that risk - we just need to make the most of his spells on the park. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Massive result. Especially considering results elsewhere. 

The difference Ugwu makes to this team is ridiculous. The flick ons and hold up play lets us get up the pitch and sustain periods of pressure on the opposition defence  - something we've not done since he's been out the team. The Ugwu and Knowles partnership looks dangerous.

McPherson still got the defence wrong to start with but hopefully going forward we see a back 4 of Ledger - Lithgow - McEntee - Russell. McEntee is a class act and Ledger is far superior to McLean, who's done. 

Special mention to Hamilton who again was excellent. That save when we had just gone 3-1 up was brilliant. 

I'd start with the team that finished the game going forward but with Knowles in for Reilly. 

We did seem to sit off Dunfermline for long periods of the game and give them too much space and time and better teams would probably have punished that. 

Hopefully this is a turning point under Gus but knowing him he'll start McLean and Muirhead again next week. 

If nothing else the team has a bit of character. 97th minute equaliser last week and heads could have went down after the equaliser today and Dunfermline having a few chances but we dug in and were comfortable in the end. 

20 minutes ago, DumfriesTon said:

Hopefully this is a turning point under Gus but knowing him he'll start McLean and Muirhead again next week. 

Got a bit of a worry about him too and we seem to injure ourselves into having the best team rather than it being by design. 

Thought it was obvious at the end of last season that Jacobs and McGinn were too similar and cancelled each other out but it took an injury to take one out. 

Gus has obviously got more experience of management and the players than us but some of these things seem to stare him in the face for weeks and then work when he's eventually got no choice. 

Winning a game and scoring three goals away from home. Incredible.

The difference in this team with Ugwu in it is something else. There are still glaring flaws throughout the side that are inevitably keeping us in the relegation battle, but we can actually create chances with him as a focal point and every other creative player improves for having him there. Ledger coming on made a significant difference as well, that was tremendous work before the corner for the second.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

2 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Ugwu is the consummate bottom half player. No idea why Raith let him go. 

He has injury problems (due to his style of play) and right now they're not a 'bottom half' club. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Well I'll be an uncle's monkey!... think I might allow myself a small sherry this evening (purely medicinal you understand).

^^^^^^^ ooft, thats shite patter above.

Next.

*insert signature here*

Archived