Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Hamilton (30th October) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Hamilton (30th October)

Admin

Fkn shambles gus needs emptied at 4.45 and let's not stop there after that absolute shan q@a mct need fkn emptied anaw controversial yes but just my opinion to many chiefs in their total fkn failure if not already then very soon 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't take away from the fact that we were absolutely shite. A decent group of players being led by an incompetent manager.

Delighted for big Goz though.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

An absolutely hilarious conclusion to the game with a team desperately trying to be streetwise costing themselves the game with naivety, and the tremendous laugh of Hamilton fans celebrating the freekick we equalised from thinking it was full time.

Still, MacPherson should be gone tonight. 10 without a win, still the worst record of any Morton manager in the last 20 years. His position is completely untenable.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Has Gus been sacked yet? If not, why not? That was the most feeble, disjointed display I have ever seen.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

The goal should not change the reality that the manager situation is untenable. That midfield shape and lineup was completely wrong and it was only through random shelling of the ball at Ugwu that we caused them any trouble. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

6 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

An absolutely hilarious conclusion to the game with a team desperately trying to be streetwise costing themselves the game with naivety, and the tremendous laugh of Hamilton fans celebrating the freekick we equalised from thinking it was full time.

Still, MacPherson should be gone tonight. 10 without a win, still the worst record of any Morton manager in the last 20 years. His position is completely untenable.

Aye, I said about 70 odd minutes in that time wasting from that early on rarely works. We didn't threaten at all so not sure why they done it and good to get it up them. 

MacPherson will probably cling on to his job but shouldn't. 

On another note, some of the stewards need to take themselves less seriously and let wee boys be wee boys. Not causing any hassle and a big deal was made out of nothing. 

Still feel absolute apathy towards that performance and our season, as did the cowshed it seems judging by the fact a 97th minute equaliser was only enjoyed due to getting it up accies fans for celebrating our free kick being awarded. 

Could be a huge point come the end of the season but we cannot keep playing players like McLean, Allan and Reilly who are like three men down. Thought Muirhead made a positive difference when he came on which is all you can ask from him. 

Feel sorry for Oksanen, Lyon and Russell who would play one little pass to each other to keep possession then would give it to someone else (usually McLean) who then just boots it up the park to no one or out of play. I tried to extend Oksanen's loan past January  in the new football manager and Brentford said they wanted him to play with higher quality players, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case come January either. 

The game was one more Hamilton goal away from being a real shame game, but it's been staved off for another week but you can feel the inevitability of it. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Delighted for big Gozie to get the goal and finally something to actually cheer about. 

We were toothless for most the game again though there are a few talented footballers like Oksanen and Lyons even Russell who looked a threat. 

Gus needs to go we can't just keep getting a point we need wins and he isn't the manager to take us forward. 

The hilarity of the Hamilton fans being sat down aside...

The results are terrible and the performances are terrible. Perhaps though, most alarming, it doesn't seem like there is even any style or tactic being worked towards. When we were chasing the game he just threw on forwards and sent other players to completly random positions. It was just sheer desperation from a manager clinging on to his last ever job as manager at a FT club. 

I actually think there are a few decent players in that squad, not many but enough for us to be beating teams as bad as Hamilton (who look as bad as we do). All in all, I'm a little down that we took a point because that prolongs Gus' job and cements the inevitable relegation he would bring if he is here any longer

Unbeaten in 3, 1 defeat in 7 to the the then league leaders. Some run we are on.

Analysis from inside Gus' head.

In reality, another shambles.

Dunfermline next. The joy. Hopefully Grant survives the week, although we will likely then hand him his first win.

Archived