Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick Thistle (27th October) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick Thistle (27th October)

Admin

Just got in from tonight’s game and thought I would share my neutral views on the game (it’s the Mrs that’s the Morton fan!)!

Firstly it was worth the 8 hour drive up for us, it was great to be back at Cappiello, really friendly people, cheap beer and cheap pies!

The atmosphere was good given the attendance, although I would say Partick were louder and brought a pretty decent following.

As for the game I thought Partick looked sharper on the ball, quicker on the break and pressed high up the pitch especially in the first half. 

Morton held them well though and your defence was pretty good but Hamilton in goal was superb, how he isn’t playing at a higher level I don’t know he was excellent.

Second half Morton were right back into it and created some good chances but seemed to waste the second ball. 

It was a good competitive game I thought and either team could’ve nicked it come the end, that injury time shot from Morton deserved to win it. 

A good point then I thought and could’ve been 3 and worth the trip for us. 

Man of the match was Hamilton but I also rated Oliver your number 7 decent player I thought. 

All the very best for the rest of the season lads!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, One Team In Bristol said:

Just got in from tonight’s game and thought I would share my neutral views on the game (it’s the Mrs that’s the Morton fan!)!

Firstly it was worth the 8 hour drive up for us, it was great to be back at Cappiello, really friendly people, cheap beer and cheap pies!

The atmosphere was good given the attendance, although I would say Partick were louder and brought a pretty decent following.

As for the game I thought Partick looked sharper on the ball, quicker on the break and pressed high up the pitch especially in the first half. 

Morton held them well though and your defence was pretty good but Hamilton in goal was superb, how he isn’t playing at a higher level I don’t know he was excellent.

Second half Morton were right back into it and created some good chances but seemed to waste the second ball. 

It was a good competitive game I thought and either team could’ve nicked it come the end, that injury time shot from Morton deserved to win it. 

Man of the match was Hamilton but I also rated Oliver your number 7 decent player I thought. 

That's a fair assessment, though I hope some of our intelligencia luvvies on here will cut you some slack for making some positive points, as they just feed off the negatives.

3 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

That's a fair assessment, though I hope some of our intelligencia luvvies on here will cut you some slack for making some positive points, as they just feed off the negatives.

Or perhaps you're just a total fanny: it's a tough call really. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2 hours ago, One Team In Bristol said:

The bit in bold: Enough of that shite.

I wasnt even there but i know that there is nothing 'decent' about the Partick following.  You are therefore wrong in your summation.

Also, there is more than one team in Bristol.

HTH

*insert signature here*

7 hours ago, capitanus said:

I wasnt even there but i know that there is nothing 'decent' about the Partick following.  You are therefore wrong in your summation.

HTH

You weren’t there and you are telling me I am wrong about my opinion of the Partick following and I was there!?

😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, One Team In Bristol said:

You weren’t there and you are telling me I am wrong about my opinion of the Partick following and I was there!?

😂😂😂

7 hours ago, capitanus said:

HTH

Decent in number and volume: yes

Decent in other respects: ?

1 hour ago, One Team In Bristol said:

Volume and numbers is what I meant as decent so we agree there. 

I don’t know about them as fans though, I take they’ve some belters?

There’s a racist and sectarian element about the Partick support.

Given Glasgow’s big two are notorious for sectarianism, Partick’s support have a song with the line “fuck the Pope and fuck the Queen” to rile them, which only goes to show them as as bad as the other two.

Also, a well known Partick fan, who is far too prominent on social media for anyone who has ever picked up a mobile phone’s liking, is currently awaiting trial, alleged to have racially abused former Morton keeper Derek Gaston at Arbroath a couple of months ago.

A truly rancid bunch.

Anyway, I’ll assume the “One Team in Bristol” is City, rather than Rovers, given that Twerton Park is actually in Bath?

29 minutes ago, TaunTon said:

The Gas are back in Bristol now at the Memorial Ground. Enjoyed Ashton Gate and Eastville when I first came down here

Didn’t realise that. I had a pal at school who had a soft spot for them so often kept an eye out for their scores. Tony Fitzpatrick’s only other club as a player was Bristol City, so I always had a bit of a dislike for them.

7 minutes ago, Toby said:

Didn’t realise that. I had a pal at school who had a soft spot for them so often kept an eye out for their scores. Tony Fitzpatrick’s only other club as a player was Bristol City, so I always had a bit of a dislike for them.

Funnily enough I was the opposite and City was the club that I went to most given Morton stalwarts Gerry Sweeney and Donnie Gillies were playing for them. Back then I drifted around just about every club is the South West  but none of them got their claws into me like Morton. First loves and all that. 

My boy became a regular at Ashton Gate for a good few years until he grew up and embraced the world of gilfriends and family.

8 minutes ago, TaunTon said:

Funnily enough I was the opposite and City was the club that I went to most given Morton stalwarts Gerry Sweeney and Donnie Gillies were playing for them. Back then I drifted around just about every club is the South West  but none of them got their claws into me like Morton. First loves and all that. 

My boy became a regular at Ashton Gate for a good few years until he grew up and embraced the world of gilfriends and family.

Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t terribly arsed about Bristol Rovers, and Sweeney and Gillies were before my time. It was more a case of checking the scores on Ceefax cos my mate was interested.

And City bagged Derek McInnes, which didn’t go in their favour.

3 hours ago, Toby said:

There’s a racist and sectarian element about the Partick support.

Given Glasgow’s big two are notorious for sectarianism, Partick’s support have a song with the line “fuck the Pope and fuck the Queen” to rile them, which only goes to show them as as bad as the other two.

Also, a well known Partick fan, who is far too prominent on social media for anyone who has ever picked up a mobile phone’s liking, is currently awaiting trial, alleged to have racially abused former Morton keeper Derek Gaston at Arbroath a couple of months ago.

A truly rancid bunch.

Anyway, I’ll assume the “One Team in Bristol” is City, rather than Rovers, given that Twerton Park is actually in Bath?

Blimey. 

Well I can see how that would make them belters to say the least.

Its easy to forget you guys have the whole sectarian thing up here. We obviously don’t get that in England (well I guess a little with Everton and Liverpool) and certainly not in our division, the Championship. 

Its interesting there is still lots of sectarian chants in Scottish games. Some of our biggest rivals are Swansea and Cardiff and we get clamped down on for anti-Welsh/English chants in our division! 

Yes, I am Bristol City. Rovers moved back to North Bristol a few years ago now to Bristol Rugby’s old ground, the Memorial Stadium. Bristol Rugby have since moved Ashton Gate as well now as the owner of Bristol City also owns Bristol Rugby.

2 hours ago, TaunTon said:

Spot on about Sweeney and Gillies although I’d say my favourite City Scottish players are Joe Jordan and Scott Murray, also both legends at the cluB. Scott Murray is still there in fact, currently kit man. 

2 hours ago, Toby said:

Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t terribly arsed about Bristol Rovers, and Sweeney and Gillies were before my time. It was more a case of checking the scores on Ceefax cos my mate was interested.

And City bagged Derek McInnes, which didn’t go in their favour.

The McInnes era still breaks me out in a cold sweat when I think about it! Oddly he did really well back in Scotland when he left us, at least that’s been our general perception. 

8 hours ago, One Team In Bristol said:

Spot on about Sweeney and Gillies although I’d say my favourite City Scottish players are Joe Jordan and Scott Murray, also both legends at the cluB. Scott Murray is still there in fact, currently kit man. 

The McInnes era still breaks me out in a cold sweat when I think about it! Oddly he did really well back in Scotland when he left us, at least that’s been our general perception. 

Did you realise Joe Jordan started his career with Morton?

Archived