Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick Thistle (27th October) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick Thistle (27th October)

Admin

6 minutes ago, GiGi said:

We just don't look like scoring at all though. Partick have players that could grab a goal from a half chance, we're just hopeless in the attacking third.

Yeah, I don't wanna say Jack Hamilton is keeping us in it, coz that's exaggeration, but he's made a couple of decent stops (and one very good stop) this half while all the Thistle 'keeper has done is grab a few easy crosses.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The really annoying thing is that I bet the BoD is watching us not test the 'keeper but not look bad and thinking, "och, it's getting better, just need a bit of luck and confidence then the results will come." We're just not creating chances at all and the fact that we're not standing on rakes is all the more reason to switch manager. The squad isn't terrible - someone else could come in and get a tune out of them, pick the best lineup, emphasize the final ball... we're really not far away from a decent run of results but it's not going to happen as long as we keep playing like this.

EOho8Pw.png

We just never look like scoring. Yes, we're solid defensively on the most part but there's no attacking gameplan.  That's 1 game in the last 8 we've scored in and I can't see it changing anytime soon.

Reilly has been a huge disappointment and is like playing with a man down.

Just fuck off, Mcpherson. That was dire. They were nothing great but ffs we don’t half make heavy weather of things. Can barely remember our last goal. It’s the hope that kills you, in which case we’ll probably live forever cos hopeless doesn’t begin to describe our performances. Does Gus have no shame?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Shite night and shite game. Hamilton absolutely outstanding, Oksanen and Lyon decent considering the weather. Lyon especially was closing people down in the closing minutes and looks much fitter than he has done in a long time. 

All in all a decent point against a good team but the lack of goals, chances created and the ease with which Thistle were left unmarked every time the ball went in the box is still a massive cause for concern. We aren't good enough at either end to 1-0 our way to safety which is a real worry as I've no idea where the wins are going to come from. 

McLean had a decent season last year but looks more and more finished with every game he plays, while Reilly has unfortunately not been the player we hoped we'd be signing and offers absolutely nothing most week. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I'd have taken a point before kick off.

Hamilton was superb again and we looked reasonably solid at the back. 

All that goes for nothing if we can't score a fucking goal. There is absolutely no cohesion or gameplan going forward and the link between midfield and attack is poor. It seems like Gus is trying to make us as solid as possible using as many centre backs and centre miss as possible. Take those tactics and get to fuck McPherson. Before it's too late.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Jacobs was played in his best role for the first time this season tonight, covering in front of a back four, and it was easily his best performance of the season. Thought he was excellent, for the most part. 

Jack Hamilton is a top goalkeeper. He's been brilliant for us. 

We never really looked like scoring. There's no-one in our team that make you confident that we're going to actually get a goal. 

I thought that we did okay tonight and we should stick with that formation for four or five games no matter what. We can't keep chopping and changing our tactics and if we're punting Allan out of the picture then we have no wide options to play another system properly. Would start with the team that finished the game tonight on Saturday - Ledger needs to play and Blues is gubbins. 

We're no closer to solving our attacking problems but runs from midfield and set-pieces need to be worked on. We simply need to win on Saturday. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It says more about the season so far than tonight that this was one of our least bad performances.

You can take positives from some individual performances there, but results are all that matter now and we're 9 without a win having failed to score in 7 of them. If we don't win on Saturday he has to go.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

That wasn’t bad. It wasn’t especially good either though and we could’ve played another 90 without scoring. Struggling to think of a team that’s looked so devoid of ideas going forward. They genuinely do not have a clue where they’re going, or where their teammates are going when advancing the ball. It’s left down to the individuals, and we do not have individuals anywhere near talented enough to rely on that. 

Saturday is must win, simple as.  

9 hours ago, DumfriesTon said:

Saturday is a must win but I've got no confidence McPherson will get it. He's proven he's not up to the job so why should we trust him ahead of a huge game? I'd sack him tonight. 

Our best hope of getting rid of Gus is for him to be headhunted to replace Koeman at Barcelona. That’s about the size of the problem we have, given some idiot awarded him with a two year contract. As a subscriber to MCT, I would like to know the name or names of the person or people who awarded him that contract. Was it Crawford Rae or was it the new regime? We deserve clarity on that point.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Couldn't score in a brothel is the phrase. We are toothless up front I was excited about the Reilly signing but he has had far to many glaring chances and done absolutely nothing. 

The team work pretty hard but defensive mistakes and not being able to score is going to get us relegated unless something drastic changes. Thought Lyon and Oksanen were good put in a decent shift. 

Any update on Ugwu? 

Archived