Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick Thistle (27th October) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick Thistle (27th October)

Admin

5 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Well, seeing as this is the board who looked at his record from the final few months of last season and went 'YAS, 2 year deal', their inability to properly appraise the manager's performance and the situation should come as a surprise to absolutely nobody.

Seeing as the bean-counter on the board is the same clown who was insisting on here that replacing Peter MacDonald and Martin Hardie with Kabba Modou-Cham and Reece Hands in the summer of 2013 would not end in disaster, that was already assured. 

The decks need to be cleared and MCT's directors can either see which way the wind is blowing or can leave with the rest of them. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A 3-5-1-1 with Oliver (!) playing the sand-dancer no. 10 role would be slightly less nonsensical than some of the teams we've been fielding recently. But whether Blues or Jacobs ends up in the right wing-back role, they could be in for a very long night. The continued refusal to play Ledger is inexplicable.

It's also harsh on Knowles to be dropped out of the team based on the non-existent contributions of the other forwards. 

Edit: On second thoughts the same back four as Saturday with *something indistinguishable* in front of them seems more likely than a back three. Possibly a diamond, which always looks good on paper but needs actual preparation and work that Morton never actually bother to do. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

My live scores app is saying 4-1-4-1 but of course they're just guessing. 

It could be Mcentee at RWB and the Finn dropping back, who the fuck knows? 

Either way Reilly is in for a lonely night. 

EOho8Pw.png

8 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

My live scores app is saying 4-1-4-1 but of course they're just guessing. 

Not quite Gary Kasparov v Deep Blue in this clash of flinging random team selections at the wall. Let the robot AI pick Saturday's team. 

5 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Not quite Gary Kasparov v Deep Blue in this clash of flinging random team selections at the wall. Let the robot AI pick Saturday's team. 

TonBot XLπ1874 has produced the following result:

Screenshot_20211026-124657_Goal Live.jpg

EOho8Pw.png

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

Anyone getting a timeout on the stream? I've not used it before and getting gateway errors.

Yep. Decided on a whim to buy my first stream in weeks, 504 Gateway Time-out error.

EOho8Pw.png

1 minute ago, TRVMP said:

Yep. Decided on a whim to buy my first stream in weeks, 504 Gateway Time-out error.

Same here and the site is just being very slow in general.

FYI I just got on now but had to try again, waiting tortuously on the site to load each time.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

Same here and the site is just being very slow in general.

FYI I just got on now but had to try again, waiting tortuously on the site to load each time.

Aye it's working now.

EOho8Pw.png

Ritchie points out we're keeping all three at the back, including Russell, while they have one up.

I think a bit of caution is called for, given the absolute humping we got from Thistle last time, but we're trying to do with numbers what we can't do with competence. We know we give away soft goals so we keep guys like Russell back, and then we wonder why we can't create. Endless balls to the right corner flag aren't going to get us anywhere.

EOho8Pw.png

I'm not sure where Lithgow got this 'when a high ball comes up, you shouldn't challenge it and let it bounce' experience, but it is boiling my pish. That is the absolute minimum standard to be set by an experienced central defender.  Despite his other shortcomings, at least McLean is reliable enough at doing that.

Strong spell for the last five minutes here. 

A team that gets into this much defensive trouble from its own fucking set-pieces should be playing Campbeltown Pupils next season. That's not a hard luck story: they have nearly got in twice from our corners just like in the Inverness game. 

17 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

A team that gets into this much defensive trouble from its own fucking set-pieces should be playing Campbeltown Pupils next season. That's not a hard luck story: they have nearly got in twice from our corners just like in the Inverness game. 

Yep. We've actually not been bad at all, certainly taking the game to them, but we don't look safe at all. There's always the feeling that we could hammer them with speculative crosses for 45 minutes, then they'd float one ball in that we don't deal with and we lose 1-0.

EOho8Pw.png

13 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Yep. We've actually not been bad at all, certainly taking the game to them, but we don't look safe at all. There's always the feeling that we could hammer them with speculative crosses for 45 minutes, then they'd float one ball in that we don't deal with and we lose 1-0.

We just don't look like scoring at all though. Partick have players that could grab a goal from a half chance, we're just hopeless in the attacking third.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived