Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick Thistle (27th October) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Partick Thistle (27th October)

Admin

Inverclyde BBK Graphic.png

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with The Inverclyde Boiler Company, The Inverclyde Bathroom Company and The Inverclyde Kitchen Company. Shayne and his team are extremely proud to serve the Inverclyde community 💙

2bf7ae24-ee99-4508-a9c9-4461f7671376.thumb.jpg.cb3c938b0841b7a9f2738d3a2409f478.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Titan Spirits, a local company inspired by Clydeside heritage and Inverclyde's incredible scenery. Their new Titan Spiced Rum is available now! Click here to order Titan Spiced Rum!

0001-8014369109_20210916_145344_0000.png

unnamed.png

Our match thread is brought to you in association with the new Clyde Eats app and The Cottage Cafe Bistro. Clyde Eats is a new, Inverclyde-based food delivery app aiming to showcase the very best local restaurants and takeaways. Their app launches on 1st September, make sure you check it out! 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

The board's programme notes for tonight's game.

Looks like Gus gets the next 2 games regardless.

The worry from that wording is he's getting more than the two games even if he loses them both.

Much like Douglas Rae taking far too long to sack Allan Moore then finally caving when the Cowshed started chanting about the board rather than the manager, we'll see how well that holds up if further defeats see the atmosphere turn.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Yeah, my take on those programme notes was that Gus is going to be in charge for the foreseeable future, regardless of the next two results, which is worrying to say the least. Remember when we anticipated a bit of positive momentum after the fan takeover?

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

The fact its taken the SLO to suggest a Q&A is frustrating as well as it being 'board' notes. I'd like a bit of leadership,transparency and accountability from club. 

It might be a minor point but I'm sure when Chris Ross was announced his role was to work under the direction and leadership of the board. This article is now talking about his leadership, vision and ideas. Is there a bit of blame shifting going on here? 

35 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

The worry from that wording is he's getting more than the two games even if he loses them both.

Much like Douglas Rae taking far too long to sack Allan Moore then finally caving when the Cowshed started chanting about the board rather than the manager, we'll see how well that holds up if further defeats see the atmosphere turn.

Yeah, don't disagree, just highlighting that they specifically mentioned the next 2 games, for anyone that expects action after Tiffoney and Graham run riot tonight.

They have no plans to act and admit their negligent error (nor anyone actually take accountability for said error).

Confidence in the board eroding to nothing.

1 (one) fine margin maybe (arbroath game). I can't think of any more that you could really argue we were robbed/severely unlucky. We've just been absolutely fucking abysmal. 

Just now, Jamie_M said:

Why are we kicking off at 7.30?

Prefer that time (was always that growing up) but seems out of sync with usual kick off times (and the rest of tonight's fixtures).

Suggestion that it's to allow Thistle fans to get an earlier train instead of hanging about til late on. Could be wrong

TIME FOR CHANGE!

The 7.30 kick offs were always much better for the train back towards Glasgow. I think there are even fewer at the moment. Makes sense from that point of view. 

On the programme notes, I actually sort of read it the other way. If we get hammered tonight then what momentum is there to build upon? Even worse if we fail to win on Saturday. Going into a tough November with no momentum would signal the moment to accept that we cannot continue with the same management team. So while they're still speaking optimistically, even by their own admission the alternative is unthinkable. If Gus fails to build momentum this week, then their logic really should be that he has to go. 

Reading the notes gives the impression that we've hit a little bump in the road which has been a little disappointing. It's been a bit difficult and a tad frustrating but we hope to see some progress as everyone is working hard.

Talk about grossly misunderstanding the nature of our problems and the total inability of our management team to affect any positive change. The fact that the manager has nothing to offer apart from more of the same, the fact that our forwards couldn't score in a barrel of fannies, the fact that our midfielders are dominated whoever we play and our defence can only be relied on to cough up comedy goals on a regular basis, doesn't merit any sort of comment.

When did the board decide that having basic expectations of competence from management to playing staff is a luxury reserved for other clubs.

18 minutes ago, One Team In Bristol said:

Hi all! 

We have come up from Somerset for tonight’s game, nice birthday treat for the Mrs! 😀

Really looking forward to being at the ground again, hopefully see a win this time! 

If she’s still with you after this game you’ve done something right.

54 minutes ago, One Team In Bristol said:

Hi all! 

We have come up from Somerset for tonight’s game, nice birthday treat for the Mrs! 😀

Really looking forward to being at the ground again, hopefully see a win this time! 

If you fancy a romantic birthday dinner for you and the Mrs then make sure you go to The Norseman Wine Bar before the game. They do great food and have a fine selection of wine. I'd thoroughly recommend the lobster thermidor. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

38 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

If she’s still with you after this game you’ve done something right.

To be fair she’s the Morton fan mate, so probably the other way around! 😂

21 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Just read the first line and thought you were an Ayr fan up for a laugh

No mate, 8 hour drive up here, like a European away day! 😂

3 minutes ago, BishopBrennan said:

If you fancy a romantic birthday dinner for you and the Mrs then make sure you go to The Norseman Wine Bar before the game. They do great food and have a fine selection of wine. I'd thoroughly recommend the lobster thermidor. 

Far too upmarket that bar! 😂

Pies at the ground far more appropriate! 

2 hours ago, TaunTon said:

Talk about grossly misunderstanding the nature of our problems and the total inability of our management team to affect any positive change. 

Well, seeing as this is the board who looked at his record from the final few months of last season and went 'YAS, 2 year deal', their inability to properly appraise the manager's performance and the situation should come as a surprise to absolutely nobody.

Archived