The Scottish Cup 2021-22 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Scottish Cup 2021-22

Toby

This is it, the big one. The cup campaign we've been eagerly anticipating for a number of years now, as we look for our boys to repeat the heroics of Jimmy Gourlay and the lads from a century ago. And yes, beating Rangers (although it's not actually the same Rangers) 1-0 in the final thanks to a free kick would be just smashing, please and thank you.

Pity we're absolutely shite and dreaming about a repeat is about as close as we'll get though, so back to reality.

Morton, along with the other Championship clubs and the League One clubs enter the Third Round draw at 5.15 this evening and the anticipation of what awaits us is reaching fever pitch, for me anyway. Sadly there will be no repeat of how we started that historic campaign as our conquests, Vale of Leithen, have already been felled by Highland League minnows "Brechin City" in the First Round. With the Premiership clubs joining in the Fourth Round, we enter an open draw along with the other 19 clubs from the second and third tiers, and the following;

League Two

Annan Athletic, Edinburgh City, Forfar Athletic, Kelty Hearts, Stenhousemuir, Stirling Albion.

Highland League

Brechin City

Lowland League

Civil Service Strollers, East Kilbride, Gala Fairydean Rovers.

Other Non-League Teams (Tier six and below)

Auchinleck Talbot, Banks O'Dee, Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic, Darvel, Sauchie Juniors, Tranent Juniors.

Unsettled Ties

Brora Rangers 0-0 Albion Rovers

Dalbeattie Star 0-0 Rothes

Dunbar United 1-1 Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale

Clydebank v Elgin City (Monday night, BBC Scotland)

Two standout results yesterday with Lowland League "shock troops" Civil Service Strollers hilariously disposing of Cowdenbeath- hopefully the two will be sharing a division next season and cash-rich West of Scotland League Darvel binning Stranraer.

Usual request at this stage of the tournament is an away draw somewhere we've not been before, preferably in a wee town that's a bit of a journey away. Therefore; Auchinleck, Darvel, Gala Fairydean Rovers, Sauchie, Tranent or the winners of the Dalbeattie v Rothes or Dunbar v Lothian Thistle ties would all be acceptable, although I'd also tolerate Banks O' Dee or Bonnyrigg. Not been to Cove's new ground but fuck that. We'll play them in the league soon enough.

Cue Dunfermline or Queen of the South at home.

5 hours ago, Toby said:

Usual request at this stage of the tournament is an away draw somewhere we've not been before, preferably in a wee town that's a bit of a journey away. Therefore; Auchinleck, Darvel, Gala Fairydean Rovers, Sauchie, Tranent or the winners of the Dalbeattie v Rothes or Dunbar v Lothian Thistle ties would all be acceptable, although I'd also tolerate Banks O' Dee or Bonnyrigg. Not been to Cove's new ground but fuck that. We'll play them in the league soon enough.

Cue Dunfermline or Queen of the South at home.

Do Lothian Thistle not play at one of those garbage, glorified Lady Octavia setups in Edinburgh? No thanks to that although Dunbar would be excellent.

Best to steer clear of Auchinleck and Banks O' Dee on current form to avoid this once-proud club from completely disgracing itself. Better to keep the trophyless, failed franchise outfit known as 'Ayr United' as Auchinleck's only Championship scalp as well. 

Gala would be my top pick. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Inverness away. 

283980-garry-oconnor-morton-march-2014.jpg

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, RealTonKid said:

Craig Reid playing for Darvel, who’ve just taken the lead against Brechin.

Jordan Allan (2014/15 - Duffy ringer, did nothing other than getting sent off once) with the assist for the goal. 

Archived