Match Preview/Thread - QOTS vs Morton (23rd October) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - QOTS vs Morton (23rd October)

Admin

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, GiGi said:

At this point be as well sticking Morton nil on the coupon every week.

Actually it's even worse than I'd thought. We've failed to score in 6 of our las 7 games and one of them was against a league one team. This is absolutely dire and no one is going to want to pay to see zero goals.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Another brutal watch.

One chance for Muirhead in the first half and a half chance for him in the second. That was it.

Reilly and Allan offer absolutely nothing. Knowles done nothing too when he came on.  Oliver looks a shadow of the player I liked under Duffy. Muirhead was classic Muirhead.

Far too many passengers.

Felt for McEntee playing out on the right, he did ok for what was an unnatural position but again shows up how imbalanced the squad is with him and Muirhead on the right.  

Thought Russell did well but not much happening in front of him. 

Really dont see a way out of us. Badly need Gozie back to keep us up the park and create some chances.

2 wins in 18 league games. Gus can just feck off now.

We are going down.

Cameron Blues shaking his head at the big, bad fanbase for sarcastically cheering the departure of Muirhead sums the club up right now. A bunch of charlatans who are deluded enough to think that their current performances are acceptable and it is the responsibility of those paying good money to tell them that it is.

Well it's not. Today's lineup was clueless, round pegs in square holes nonsense. The football is turgid and carries zero attacking threat. And the results are utterly pathetic: including those two scoreless away draws that Gus and his gang of utter losers will no doubt be celebrating this evening. 

This is how you destroy a fan ownership project within months. This embrace of abject failure in the most tedious form possible is toxic and needs to be brought to an end. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

25 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Actually it's even worse than I'd thought. We've failed to score in 6 of our las 7 games and one of them was against a league one team. This is absolutely dire and no one is going to want to pay to see zero goals.

The Scottish Championship is a 'tough, competitive division though', so just shut up and pay for zero wins in eight matches and absolutely abject football without complaint. 

Yours aye

G McPherson

A Millen

C Blues et al. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Nothing sums up the level of collective delusion inside the football club about the position we're in more than MacPherson looking up at the stand with a completely perplexed expression at full time, wondering why he's being booed as we make it eight without a win, having failed to score in six of them.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Toothless. McPherson has not got a clue. He was rightly booed off by the majority of the support at the end. This won't get any better until Mcpherson is sacked. With Partick midweek it's not going to get any better. 

I had words with Millen at the end, who had came running across to try and find the supporter who told him to fuck off at half time, and he claimed that to play football on the ground you've got to have 'courage' and 'balls' which 'we don't have' . He also blamed the surface! Both of them are absolutely clueless.  

I do feel somewhat for MCT in that it’s going to be completely impossible to generate any sort of positivity/momentum whilst the core product is as bad as this…but they gave him the contract (or whoever the actual decision makers are did) 

It is not going to get any better. If you have a manager that thinks this run of form is in any way acceptable, it will never improve. 

24 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Nothing sums up the level of collective delusion inside the football club about the position we're in more than MacPherson looking up at the stand with a completely perplexed expression at full time, wondering why he's being booed as we make it eight without a win, having failed to score in six of them.

Expecting the poison to really ramp up with alternating TTG and dirty Paisley b*****ds chants if things don't change soon.

Just remember who it was that signed the same core of players who failed last season and then asked fans to be patient and buy in to the grand plan of signing quality not quantity to supplement the squad. Gus would be getting away with it, if we were grinding out results but instead he is getting it tight as we flounder around at the wrong end of the table while offering fans zero entertainment or hope. Not to worry though as the first major input of our enlightened new ownership model was to offer up a two-year contract to this fraud. Fan ownership under MCT was sold as a bright new future instead, for now anyway, it is just more of the same old shite and poor decision-making.

The managers acceptance of mediocrity is the biggest threat to community ownership. His opinion that little morton with a little budget are lucky to be in the chanpionship and there's nothing he or anyone else would be able to do to improve us permeates right through the club. He called it a miracle when we won the playoffs and still treats us like us staying in the championship is a miracle. 

Having such an inexperienced board along with an experienced manager with absolutely no ambition is a recipe for disaster. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

1 hour ago, DumfriesTon said:

Toothless. McPherson has not got a clue. He was rightly booed off by the majority of the support at the end. This won't get any better until Mcpherson is sacked. With Partick midweek it's not going to get any better. 

I had words with Millen at the end, who had came running across to try and find the supporter who told him to fuck off at half time, and he claimed that to play football on the ground you've got to have 'courage' and 'balls' which 'we don't have' . He also blamed the surface! Both of them are absolutely clueless.  

Wonder if Millen gave Gus the cyanide-laced tea that I suggested could save our season…

Maybe time for a big “Fuck Off Gus” banner on Tuesday.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

The managers acceptance of mediocrity is the biggest threat to community ownership. His opinion that little morton with a little budget are lucky to be in the chanpionship and there's nothing he or anyone else would be able to do to improve us permeates right through the club. He called it a miracle when we won the playoffs and still treats us like us staying in the championship is a miracle. 

Having such an inexperienced board along with an experienced manager with absolutely no ambition is a recipe for disaster. 

We've had a succession of managers with the same pathetic mindset in recent years. It is crucial that a fan-run club now screens out this self-pitying drivel if it wants to sustain current levels of (MCT) support.

Nobody is actually demanding miracles here, but this utter drivel that we cannot possibly expect anything other than negative desperation football is toxic to the new structure of this football club. It might have worked under the late-era Raes, it's literally unsustainable now. 

McPherson and his turgid, negative approach have made going to Morton games a chore despite a year's complete absence and if that continues then the club is finished. So finish him instead. 

Archived