Match Preview/Thread - Inverness vs Morton (16th October) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Inverness vs Morton (16th October)

Admin

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

... and conceding.

And scoring again.

We're one point off bottom.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Next week needs to be the following 

Hamilton

Ledger McEntee Lithgow Russell

Jacobs Okansan Lyon

Oliver

Ugwu  Knowles 

Allan, Strapp, Blues, Reilly, Muirhead no where near good enough.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

Oliver and Blues have been given far to many chances to prove they are footballers. Both should have been punted two seasons ago. Inverness every time a player goes down they call on the physio's to waste time, worst in the league for time wasting. We are terrible but even if we got a new manager, he can only select from the same rubbish.

It's becoming clear with each month that passes that what we saw in the latter stages of last season is the best that Gus has to offer. No matter what the question is, he doesn't have an answer. He doesn't know what his best team is. He doesn't have a clue about what formation fits the players skillsets and I've yet to see one player who has improved under his wise old football brain. He is a poundland Duffy without the honesty to admit he is not up to the job.

Our board must be hanging their heads at the moment at the thought of generating positivity into the club and community with this 2 year haddie stinking the place out. That decision will haunt us for the forseeable future and is likely to lead to seaside league irrelevance. 

It won't be easy to admit we got it wrong but I'd rather accept the responsibility now than watch this shitfest continue.

17 minutes ago, Chesh said:

Next week needs to be the following 

Hamilton

Ledger McEntee Lithgow Russell

Jacobs Okansan Lyon

Oliver

Ugwu  Knowles 

Allan, Strapp, Blues, Reilly, Muirhead no where near good enough.

Oliver shouldn't be in the team either. A man down for thirty league games every season. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

13 minutes ago, astuartm said:

Oliver and Blues have been given far to many chances to prove they are footballers. Both should have been punted two seasons ago. Inverness every time a player goes down they call on the physio's to waste time, worst in the league for time wasting. We are terrible but even if we got a new manager, he can only select from the same rubbish.

A new manager can pick Ledger and Russell. They don't have to build our entire attacking gameplan - whatever that is meant to be btw, nine games into the season and it's no clearer - around Oliver every single week.

We've had poorer squads than this one and have performed better at this level. McPherson is the biggest problem at the club right now and has to go. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Stopped buying the streams, barely follow updates after we’ve conceded. If I didn’t have the season ticket I wouldn’t even be going to home games. Seriously impressive how quickly into a ‘new era’ myself and many others have chucked it. That 2 year contract is one of the worst calls decision makers at this club have ever made, and that takes some doing. 

28 minutes ago, bigB said:

2 year contract he won't MCT board need to have a look at themselves for giving this clown a contract like that 

That's what happens when you let the accountant genius behind our 2013-14 squad structure keep a voice at the adults' table. 

No doubt the accountant and lawyer set will be currently wringing their hands at the unnecessary expense of cutting their losses with the first 'real fitba man*' to pull the wool over their eyes. If they don't make the best call for the club though, then they'll fritter away all goodwill from the fanbase in no time. This is not tenable.  

*Who also won't be the last to do so, unless we bring in a competent chief executive or Director of Football to fence off the new board from direct influence on football decisions. 

3 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

Few folk saying Gus was giving it back at FT...

Glad that I was halfway along the ice road trek into town, rather than hang around for the slaphead's Brick Tamland level comebacks tbh. 

Two points from seven games. A run this bad didn't happen under McElhone, Hopkin or Johansson. The last time it happened was 13/14, a season we're currently on course to get fewer points than. Speaking of that season, Gus MacPherson has a worse points per game record than Kenny Shiels, or any other Morton manager going back to Allan McGraw. I couldn't be bothered going back further but that gives him the worst record in 36 years anyway.

I expect him to get the chance to burn another potential nine points over the next three games and this is a game we were expecting to lose, but he could have absolutely no complaints if he's sacked tonight.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Another shambles by all accounts. We have a squad that is more than capable of competing in this league and we are being let down by an incompetent management team. The board need to have a right good look at themselves. Giving McPherson a 2 year deal was madness and every single supporter said the same. Why couldn't the board see it.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived