Match Preview/Thread - Inverness vs Morton (16th October) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Inverness vs Morton (16th October)

Admin

7 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

The shape of the team has not been a huge problem so far. Most of the space to attack is down their right hand side though and Allan hasn't done much at all. If Russell were in we'd be doing much better.

Final third has been toothless but we are getting the ball into good areas of the park. That's not a tactical issue. 

I feel as though everything either breaks down once Allan gets on the ball or he over hits a pass/Cross I really think we do need Russell on the park and we should be making that change at HT.

That aside we have made some decent chances and we really ought to have scored prior to the shambles of a goal we lost which both Stapp and Allan were at fault for.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chesh said:

I feel as though everything either breaks down once Allan gets on the ball or he over hits a pass/Cross I really think we do need Russell on the park and we should be making that change at HT.

That aside we have made some decent chances and we really ought to have scored prior to the shambles of a goal we lost.

Russell is a bit of a weird one. Seems to play well when he comes on and changed the game a couple of times but isn't really given a chance to start while. Others drift through games without much impact or are poor but start most weeks. 

7 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Russell is a bit of a weird one. Seems to play well when he comes on and changed the game a couple of times but isn't really given a chance to start while. Others drift through games without much impact or are poor but start most weeks. 

Russell not starting is a puzzle. He needs to be playing.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I don't want to be too harsh on Strapp, I think he has the potential to be a really good all round left back (and I think lcb is within him too, actually) but he's been stuck in a rut for quite a while. Too many errors and not enough positive contributions. 

Allan has been every bit as bad as the usual dross we get from EPL youth system (whether loans or signings). At least the other two seem to have a wee bit more about them, but I have no idea why Allan is still getting this much game time. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong soon. 

2 wins in 17 league games- 11.8% win rate.

7 wins in his 28 games in charge( in 90 mins)- 25% win rate ( 4 of those 7 wins against lower league opposition and one against Celtic under 14s) 

It's time to go Gus.

While your season as relegation fodder isn't defined by games away to the league leaders, this is a huge second half for MacPherson coming up.

If we go on to lose this game to nil as looks likely then we'll be sitting on two points from our last seven games, only four goals scored in that time with five clean sheets kept against us. Dreadful goals conceded and utterly toothless in attack every week with form that suggests we're going to struggle to make it to 25 points, we need an urgent turnaround and if we capitulate here ahead of three massive games then there's every chance he doesn't survive the month.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

1 minute ago, Madton said:

2 wins in 17 league games- 11.8% win rate.

7 wins in his 28 games in charge( in 90 mins)- 25% win rate ( 4 of those 7 wins against lower league opposition and one against Celtic under 14s) 

It's time to go Gus.

Abysmal record and it's not going to get any better. This season could seriously damage the club if they don't remove him.

Would still like to know who decided the guy who couldn't beat Alloa or Arbroath to keep us up automatically was given a 2 year contact and forcing more of this shite upon us.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Game over already.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Gus has to go after this game.

Playing Blues ar RWB when we have Ledger who was out most consistent defender sitting on the bench is ridiculous.

Playing our smallest player in the team as a LCB when we again have Ledger and McLean available.

Playing a winger at LWB who is hopeless at defending.

There is a squad in there that with the right management could actually be playing decent football and make us somewhat competitive.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

Even Dunfermline are fucking scoring now.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Oliver having his usual decisive influence as a number 10. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

3 minutes ago, Chesh said:

Gus has to go after this game.

Playing Blues ar RWB when we have Ledger who was out most consistent defender sitting on the bench is ridiculous.

Playing our smallest player in the team as a LCB when we again have Ledger and McLean available.

Playing a winger at LWB who is hopeless at defending.

There is a squad in there that with the right management could actually be playing decent football and make us somewhat competitive.

I'm not particularly disagreeing with your sentiment, but it's definitely LM/RM rather than LWB/RWB. It's a very definite 3 at the back, 4 in midfield. So while I'm completely on board with some of the criticism, there's no way I'd be wanting Ledger in that role on the right. We also had a real struggle with anyone being able to play LCB in that system. Strapp's problems in there are much more to do with errors rather than being uncomfortable in the role. 

I mean, either way I don't like the system very much. But there's details outwith the actual formation that we're getting really badly wrong. 

That miss from Oliver :lol: this is a team who know they're beaten as soon as they're behind. When the big roll of the dice to change the game when you've been absolutely toothless going forward is Robbie Muirhead it says a lot about the absolute state we're in.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived