Match Preview/Thread - Inverness vs Morton (16th October) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Inverness vs Morton (16th October)

Admin

Inverclyde BBK Graphic.png

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with The Inverclyde Boiler Company, The Inverclyde Bathroom Company and The Inverclyde Kitchen Company. Shayne and his team are extremely proud to serve the Inverclyde community 💙

2bf7ae24-ee99-4508-a9c9-4461f7671376.thumb.jpg.cb3c938b0841b7a9f2738d3a2409f478.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Titan Spirits, a local company inspired by Clydeside heritage and Inverclyde's incredible scenery. Their new Titan Spiced Rum is available now! Click here to order Titan Spiced Rum!

0001-8014369109_20210916_145344_0000.png

unnamed.png

Our match thread is brought to you in association with the new Clyde Eats app and The Cottage Cafe Bistro. Clyde Eats is a new, Inverclyde-based food delivery app aiming to showcase the very best local restaurants and takeaways. Their app launches on 1st September, make sure you check it out! 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahead of tomorrow's match, Dean spoke to Andrew Moffat on The Wyness Shuffle podcast, discussing Morton's season so far and his thoughts on facing Inverness. You can listen below, with Dean's interview beginning on 54 minutes.

Just now, Pedrodelawasp said:

E67734F2-C3E5-4F64-A237-AD5D6172BC7B.jpeg

I can't even fathom that starting line up and the formation!

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

1-0 down already.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Schoolboy error by Strapp for the goal. Misjudged the goalkick and could only flick the ball on for McKay to score. 

We should have been one up as well. Knowles then Reilly passing up big chances in the same move (particularly the latter). 

The whole fucking point of having two men back is that one attacks the ball, while the other sweeps behind in case they make a cunt of it. Both defenders are at fault, as is our organisation for being caught backpedaling from a punt from our own fucking corner. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 minute ago, irnbru said:

Said last week its no good and the goal summed it up. 

The goal summed up that Strapp hasn't been nearly good enough for a while, in any role. Whether he was playing at lb or lcb, he would've been back there in that position for the corner. 

4 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Said last week its no good and the goal summed it up. 

The goal had nothing to do with his position as a left centre back. He would have been covering at the back regardless because it was our fucking corner.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Just now, vikingTON said:

The whole fucking point of having two men back is that one attacks the ball, while the other sweeps behind in case they make a cunt of it. Both defenders are at fault, as is our organisation for being caught backpedaling from a punt from our own fucking corner. 

I'd need to see it again, but my thought was that it was Strapp changing the pace and direction of the ball which sent McKay through. 

5 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

The goal had nothing to do with his position as a left centre back. He would have been covering at the back regardless because it was our fucking corner.

My point was more that he's not great defensively so things like that will happen throughout the game when he needs to defend. Playing him a back three is never going to work. 

2 minutes ago, irnbru said:

My point was more that he's not great defensively so things like that will happen throughout the game when he needs to defend. Playing him a back three is never going to work. 

It was our fucking corner. The reason why he was in that position is because he's a midget, not because he is playing left centre back. The other two were in the opposition's box. 

You are trying to fit more round pegs into square holes here than Gus McPherson himself. 

The shape of the team has not been a huge problem so far. Most of the space to attack is down their right hand side though and Allan hasn't done much at all. If Russell was in we'd be doing much better.

Final third has been toothless but we are getting the ball into good areas of the park. That's not a tactical issue. 

10 minutes ago, irnbru said:

He's not great in attack either. 

20 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

I'd need to see it again, but my thought was that it was Strapp changing the pace and direction of the ball which sent McKay through. 

Saw it again. I was way off. Allan was even worse - totally switched off to what was happening. Schoolboy stuff from both. 

Archived