Match Preview/Thread - Montrose vs Morton (9th October) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Montrose vs Morton (9th October)

Admin

Inverclyde BBK Graphic.png

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with The Inverclyde Boiler Company, The Inverclyde Bathroom Company and The Inverclyde Kitchen Company. Shayne and his team are extremely proud to serve the Inverclyde community 💙

2bf7ae24-ee99-4508-a9c9-4461f7671376.thumb.jpg.cb3c938b0841b7a9f2738d3a2409f478.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Titan Spirits, a local company inspired by Clydeside heritage and Inverclyde's incredible scenery. Their new Titan Spiced Rum is available now! Click here to order Titan Spiced Rum!

0001-8014369109_20210916_145344_0000.png

unnamed.png

Our match thread is brought to you in association with the new Clyde Eats app and The Cottage Cafe Bistro. Clyde Eats is a new, Inverclyde-based food delivery app aiming to showcase the very best local restaurants and takeaways. Their app launches on 1st September, make sure you check it out! 

FBByH7ZVUAAQ3ge.jpg

Here is the full draw for the SPFL Trust Trophy Cup. We will face either Queen of the South or Partick Thistle should we progress.

2 hours ago, Renfrew said:

I’ll be in Glasgow for the scotland game but still hoping that the club take this seriously. Few boys missing but should still be capable 

I'm not particularly optimistic, but even with McEntee and Oksanen missing we should have enough to get past a mid-table League One side. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

This has been really dull so far.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Started okay, descended into tedious shite. The 'keep the baw on the deck' brigade will be delighted to know that we're now knocking it around with all the purpose and incisiveness of a Jonatan Johannson coached side. Turns out we're still completely toothless, with our latest tombola strikeforce surprisingly having no connection with each other.

The only player who has shown any guile to create a chance has been Russell. Lithgow and our right hand side (yet again) have been ropey defensively. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

This is dire. Russell's the only creative outlet, McGrattan and Allan are both lost and we're living very dangerously in defence. Lithgow's having a nightmare.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Well, we got through, but very hard to scramble positives from that performance. Hamilton solid, Russell fine, good sub appearance from King, but for the most part it was dreadful.

Quite apart from any other issues, Alan Lithgow is a terrible footballer and went out of his way to hand Montrose goals on a plate today, only to be bailed out by Hamilton. He should never be starting ahead of Ledger.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Hamilton saved us at the death in normal time and won us the shootout. Knowles made good runs behind their defence throughout the game and King did well off the bench.

The team remains absolutely stinking - stinking - in the final third though and we look no closer to having an actual attacking gameplan. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

That was awful. 

Highlight was the referee appearing to not realise that the shootout was over when w scored our last one.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

6 hours ago, dunning1874 said:

Quite apart from any other issues, Alan Lithgow is a terrible footballer and went out of his way to hand Montrose goals on a plate today, only to be bailed out by Hamilton. He should never be starting ahead of Ledger.

Lithgow was very poor but Ledger was ropey as well. Both should still be in our strongest back four going forward, as opposed to the wing-backs which simply aren't working as a tactic. 

Archived