Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Arbroath (2nd October) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Arbroath (2nd October)

Admin

Inverclyde BBK Graphic.png

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with The Inverclyde Boiler Company, The Inverclyde Bathroom Company and The Inverclyde Kitchen Company. Shayne and his team are extremely proud to serve the Inverclyde community 💙

2bf7ae24-ee99-4508-a9c9-4461f7671376.thumb.jpg.cb3c938b0841b7a9f2738d3a2409f478.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Titan Spirits, a local company inspired by Clydeside heritage and Inverclyde's incredible scenery. Their new Titan Spiced Rum is available now! Click here to order Titan Spiced Rum!

0001-8014369109_20210916_145344_0000.png

unnamed.png

Our match thread is brought to you in association with the new Clyde Eats app and The Cottage Cafe Bistro. Clyde Eats is a new, Inverclyde-based food delivery app aiming to showcase the very best local restaurants and takeaways. Their app launches on 1st September, make sure you check it out! 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian McLean being out today should hopefully see us returning to a back 4 and not giving away possession every single time the defence as the ball, but you honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Ledger coming into the back 3, given how Gus has set us up all season so far.

I don't think there's been even close to an entertaining game against Arbroath over the last couple of seasons, so hoping for at least something watchable today.

The Ledger situation is mystifying, given that we're making our central midfield soft as shite by moving (presumably) Jacobs to the right side of defence. 

No sub goalkeeper again from the manager who spent all of the spring criticising previous managers for the same thing. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Why bring in Knowles if he's not capable of going straight into the starting eleven?  It's infuriating and a complete waste of resources.  He must be honking to not be able to break into a team that couldn't score in a brothel.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

That could be a number of variations of 3-5-2, 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, but whatever formation it is it would be improved with Ledger in the team and not moving Jacobs to the right.

Is Wylie injured or is MacPherson just choosing not to name a goalkeeper on the bench, having correctly called out the failure of previous managers to do so?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

3-4-3 with Blues on the right is not what I guessed at.

Ugwu off injured for Knowles already. Proper chance for Knowles, if we want to scramble for a positive here.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

If McGregor is better on the left side of whatever this is than Russell, then why did we sign Russell in the summer? 

McEntee should have buried the free header at the far post but there's still no semblance of an attacking gameplan here. This is just a desperate manager throwing shite at a wall now. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Another week, another formation with crap, square pegs in round holes, and a team that clearly don't have much idea of what they're supposed to be doing. 

Decent first 15/20 mins where we were actually playing the ball on the deck and inviting the Arbroath press and passing it through the lines giving us the sort of attacking space in the 10 posution and overlaps on the wings that we've not seen this season. Some of the shouts from fans when we actually kept possession to create space was hilarious. Some fans must enjoy seeing us launch the ball to no one every week. 

Second half of the half was back to our old self. Launching it down the wings and hoping for the best while the opposition exploits the space between our right centre back and wingback. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

9 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

4 and a half league games without a goal and we still seem to think it's likely to happen by punting aimless balls up the park. It's pointless and it's awful to watch. 

You continually make this mistake of thinking that we have an actual gameplan to punt the ball. We clearly don't. This team punts the ball because it doesn't know what to do: because there is no settled formation and no evidently coached plan to break down the opposition. We could turgidily pass the ball around our defence as we did quite often last week instead, it still wouldn't achieve anything. 

In the absence of any coaching in the final third or even a settled shape from week to week, you're going to get players punting the ball because nothing that the manager is doing can give them the confidence to take risks with the ball. 

Check out the magic thing that happened when we actually played 4 or 5 positive passes along the ground. Nice passing and movement in and out to create a goalscoring chance. 

We've come out with a different attitude this half. Much braver on the ball. Hopefully they stick to it. 

Archived