Match Preview/Thread - Ayr United vs Morton (25th September) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Ayr United vs Morton (25th September)

Admin

Inverclyde BBK Graphic.png

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with The Inverclyde Boiler Company, The Inverclyde Bathroom Company and The Inverclyde Kitchen Company. Shayne and his team are extremely proud to serve the Inverclyde community 💙

2bf7ae24-ee99-4508-a9c9-4461f7671376.thumb.jpg.cb3c938b0841b7a9f2738d3a2409f478.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Titan Spirits, a local company inspired by Clydeside heritage and Inverclyde's incredible scenery. Their new Titan Spiced Rum is available now! Click here to order Titan Spiced Rum!

0001-8014369109_20210916_145344_0000.png

unnamed.png

Our match thread is brought to you in association with the new Clyde Eats app and The Cottage Cafe Bistro. Clyde Eats is a new, Inverclyde-based food delivery app aiming to showcase the very best local restaurants and takeaways. Their app launches on 1st September, make sure you check it out! 

Bold call by McPherson if he continues to troll the fanbase by picking Muirhead for this game. The shame game potential is serious. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Hamilton 

Ledger McEntee Lithgow Russell 

Jacobs Lyon Oksanen 

Oliver 

Reilly      Ugwu 

I'd be tempted with that shape and team, but I'm concerned about the lack of width. I'm confident enough that Russell could provide width on the left but it does leave us looking rather lopsided.  I don't think Allan did enough in his 'free role' last week and backed out of too many 50/50s for my liking. I wouldn't be adversed to a 4-4-2 with Jacobs and Oksanen sitting, with Strapp in the back four and Russell ahead of him. 

I think tomorrow has real shame game potential. Muirhead clattering a shanked clearance off of McGinty and into our goal for a shitey 1-0 Ayr win might just send me over the edge. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

2 hours ago, Alibi said:

Ffs. £18 for the stream. And folk moan about our £14.

See, I am in full agreement with that. The stream shouldn't cost less hn actually going to the game at our level. It just gives people an easy excuse not to go, and will absolutely be losing clubs money so far this season.

I know people have their reasons for not going (distance etc) but in general I think that's the right way to go 

13 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

See, I am in full agreement with that. The stream shouldn't cost less than actually going to the game at our level. It just gives people an easy excuse not to go, and will absolutely be losing clubs money so far this season.

I know people have their reasons for not going (distance etc) but in general I think that's the right way to go 

Would only cost me £12 to get in, but I doubt they could work out a way to do concession-price streams.  Full price might be above the sweet spot on the supply/demand curve though, if lots of folk just decide "fuck it".

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

No Muirhead or Blues - good.

McLean still in with Ledger on the bench - not for me Clive. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Looks a decent team selection at last. Not sure I can work out the formation though. Russell missing completely so who is at left back, or lewftcwingback if we are five at the back?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

This is absolute garbage. Complete lack of any ideas or intent. 

What is our plan supposed to be to score a goal? Are we trying to play through the middle, get behind a defence, get it wide and put crosses in the box? I've got no idea and the players on the park don't seem to either. That's why we are so fucking toothless: we're just knocking the ball around and hoping the ball will break in our favour.

We're also playing a system that needs wing-backs to provide the width and yet we just keep chucking random players in that role. 

The manager has been backed and he is not capable of getting a proper team out of the options available to him. 

Archived