Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Raith Rovers (18th September) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Raith Rovers (18th September)

Admin

Just watched the highlights. I didn't realise at the time just how strange Lithgow's positioning at the goal was. What's he doing there right in front of Hamilton?

Muirhead's forward play around the 0.35 mark just about sums up the things wrong with his play. He should be making the run beyond Allan, looking for a pass or dragging defenders about. Instead he stops, stands there, and asks for a pass in a worse position for a shot than Allan is already in. He's not showing that he has anything like the pace, power, or intelligence to play at this level. 

I still don't know why McEntee was so far behind the rest of the defence for Raith's best chance of the second half. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it difficult to believe that Gus's expectations of his team are so low, but each week he trots out the same cliched mantra of 'can't ask for more'. Much as I welcome the managers feedback post match, if this is his level of analysis and comment then we'd be as well listening to Cappie the cat.

We are one dimensional irrespective of the opposition, shot shy, inept at deadballs, terrified of making changes when they would be most effective and his influence on the team seems to be negligible.

You are meant to be an experienced manager Gus so get a fucking grip and start to address some of the basics that you seem to have forgotten about. 

Effort from the team is a basic requirement of any professional and is not particularly worthy of comment. How about you start trying to improve the team, tactics and results or is that asking too much of a manager.

Could start with keeping the ball on the deck.  This hoofball is hopeless, even if we have Ugwu back.

Gus is a major handicap.  Hasnae got a clue.  Didn't change anything until we had passed the 70th minute.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

2 hours ago, TaunTon said:

I find it difficult to believe that Gus's expectations of his team are so low, but each week he trots out the same cliched mantra of 'can't ask for more'. Much as I welcome the managers feedback post match, if this is his level of analysis and comment then we'd be as well listening to Cappie the cat.

I find it easy to believe those are his expectations, because he couldn't get a job at this level for a decade before getting a handed a laughable two year deal by someone at the club off the back of last season's dismal showing. If your club rewards that disgraceful effort against Arbroath in April then the benchmark has well and truly been set for future performance at this level.

Anyway, his big insight this week is that "we were putting the ball in the box, and creating half chances and nothing was happening. It was a case of having to persevere band hope that something would break for us."

Erm no. When the opposition side have Benedictus, Christophe fucking Berra and another six foot plus mountain in central midfield as well, you don't just 'put the ball in the box and hope that something breaks'. You work around the flanks and get low, fast crosses into the box instead. Whether it's a forward or hitting off Berra's arse on the way in, that would have caused them problems. What you were doing was completely fucking gormless and was never going to work. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived