Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Raith Rovers (18th September) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Raith Rovers (18th September)

Admin

20 minutes ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

Oh right.....I assume you didnt witness the 'pass-along-the-line parade' before McLean airs it on a hopefull diagonal.

The key point in that description is 'McLean', which is where your 'they plan to launch it forward' criticism falls apart.

McLean is the jittery mother at a wedding. He'd launch it forward regardless. He needs to be punted to the bench and then we can have a discussion about how we distribute the ball. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

The key point in that description is 'McLean', which is where your 'they plan to launch it forward' criticism falls apart.

McLean is the jittery mother at a wedding. He'd launch it forward regardless. He needs to be punted to the bench and then we can have a discussion about how we distribute the ball. 

My main point was that players religiously adhering to Gus' s strategy .....robs them of intuitive 'in the moment' moves.....e.g.you must have seen the number of times we had Strapp well over the half-way line.....but the ball was invariably punted stand way....why?

If Lewis Strapp is now our winger....why the f**k did we lose Aidan Nesbitt?

1 hour ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

My main point was that players religiously adhering to Gus' s strategy .....robs them of intuitive 'in the moment' moves.....e.g.you must have seen the number of times we had Strapp well over the half-way line.....but the ball was invariably punted stand way....why?

If Lewis Strapp is now our winger....why the f**k did we lose Aidan Nesbitt?

I've got no idea what you're talking about tbh.

Strapp is just a poor (and out of confidence) choice as wing back - Russell can do that job much better.

None of this has got to do with "religiously" adhering to a wider strategy though. We don't have one. This is just some diddy manager throwing shit against the wall. 

A fitness coach has still got a better PPG as Morton manager than Gus McPherson. These are facts. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

If only there was a Scottish football coach who has been proven to save a second tier club from relegation by building a team around efficient hammer-throwers rather than useless sand-dancers like Robbie Muirhead and Gary Oliver. 

A manager who would devastate this current division with the physicality of Gozie Ugwu playing off Reilly, when He previously had to deal with useless tools like Iain fucking Russell failing to do the same role.

Bring Him Home. 

009__034__managers__David_Irons_crop__1295001492_standard (1).jpg

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

I've got no idea what you're talking about tbh.

Strapp is just a poor (and out of confidence) choice as wing back - Russell can do that job much better.

None of this has got to do with "religiously" adhering to a wider strategy though. We don't have one. This is just some diddy manager throwing shit against the wall. 

A fitness coach has still got a better PPG as Morton manager than Gus McPherson. These are facts. 

With, in my opinion, an inferior squad and marginally tougher opposition.

EOho8Pw.png

12 hours ago, capitanus said:

Its bad enough having a sex offender playing for us, but why the fuck are we making him captain too?

Was very disappointed about that. Having a Sex Offender captain the club is a disgrace. Pretty much ran out of patience now, MCT and Gus are somehow managing to out-Rae the Raes.

Reilly had plenty of chances yesterday and he was fucking useless as well. We went through about 8 different forwards yesterday and none of them had a shot on target. Disgrace.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 hour ago, so72 said:

Was very disappointed about that. Having a Sex Offender captain the club is a disgrace. Pretty much ran out of patience now, MCT and Gus are somehow managing to out-Rae the Raes.

In fairness to the Rae family, they never signed any Sex Offenders.  

*insert signature here*

56 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Gus’ post-match interview, “can’t really ask for much more” 

If that’s the case you’re as well leaving mate.

If Gus really thinks that level of performance is acceptable all the fans can expect this season is another relegation battle - talk about managing expectation. Why is it all Morton seem capable of appointing is delusional and defeatist managers? As for Gus walking out the door there is of course no chance. After every game he has the comfort of returning home to cuddle the two-year contract on his mantlepiece.

54 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

The big question will be whether our soon to be new owners reject this utter nonsense or adopt it as the club motto. 

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

Just fuck off Gus.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

7 hours ago, capitanus said:

In fairness to the Rae family, they never signed any Sex Offenders.  

They wanted to literally sign the same offender as MCT have but they never followed as you say. 

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

The big question will be whether our soon to be new owners reject this utter nonsense or adopt it as the club motto. 

By the time they takeover we will be all but relegated at this rate. Unless, of course, Pars and Accies conspire to somehow continue being worse than us

12 hours ago, HamCam said:

If Gus really thinks that level of performance is acceptable all the fans can expect this season is another relegation battle

That's optimistic. I was fully expecting a relegation battle this season and thought we were clear favourites for 10th, but at this rate there isn't going to be a battle. We'll just be meekly disappearing with any prospect of staying up realistically gone with months left of the season.

We aren't 13/14 bad to the extent that we'll be completely outclassed in the majority of our games and take several pumpings, but rarely losing by more than one isn't going to be much consolation if we never turn staying competitive in games into points. A classic Alloa style relegation where you just aren't quite good enough to grind out points rather than a typical Morton or Raith style clusterfuck where you capitulate in a humiliating fashion is what everything's pointing towards at the moment, and when you ask what can be done to get out of that the number of answers which involve MacPherson being in charge is diminishing weekly.

If this becomes five, six, seven defeats or even winless games in a row, his position is going to be untenable very soon. This is his squad, he staked the season on holding out for signings towards the end of the window and now the players he wanted are here. If he can't start getting results with them now the obvious way out of this will be to find a manager who can.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived