Bitching and Moaning - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Bitching and Moaning

It's time to stop all the bitching and moaning and accept where we are now and what we can achieve if we all pull together. Nobody is saying things are perfect but if we keep drip feeding negativity about everything surrounding the club then we are on the road to nowhere.

We need to all get behind MCT and do what we can to improve things at the club. There is no going back, we are where we are and if we want our club to flourish then the supporters are the only ones who are going to make it happen. 

I have to say I'm jealous we don't have something like this that we are all behind.

https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/1432251749872685056?s=20

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Birthday card pish. 

Greenock Morton of course famously the only club in world football with annoyed supporters. 

Any semi-competent outfit should be able to look past the ‘noise’ of about the 3000 fans left in the support and just function. For 20 years we have been run like a circus, and we are still in a very precarious position with regards to the future of the club. Supporters have every right to scrutinise, and criticise when merited - and it has certainly been merited for much of this summer. 

31 minutes ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

It's time to stop all the bitching and moaning and accept where we are now and what we can achieve if we all pull together. Nobody is saying things are perfect but if we keep drip feeding negativity about everything surrounding the club then we are on the road to nowhere.

We need to all get behind MCT and do what we can to improve things at the club. There is no going back, we are where we are and if we want our club to flourish then the supporters are the only ones who are going to make it happen. 

I have to say I'm jealous we don't have something like this that we are all behind.

How do you propose we get to the position where things improve at the club if we all clap like seals to avoid being accused of "bitching and moaning", rather than constructively pointing out where mistakes are being made?

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

1 hour ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

Bitching and moaning about bitching and moaning? Aye, very good.

1 hour ago, 9 Strathblane Crescent said:

With the exception of Gormless Gordon and perhaps one or two others, I think overall it's pretty balanced on here. MCT have been praised for the good stuff they've done, and criticised when they've fallen short. So not really sure what the point of your post is. 

But of course if you just want to read vapid pish you can always start your own message board for like-minded happy-clappers.

I get where the original poster is coming from. I was talking to someone (a mate, FYI, irnbru) a month or so ago about this and the mindset of supporters and the relationship with the club. 

I think it's important to realise that the club board is no longer a closed shop with a them/us relationship (regardless of how good that relationship is, that's essentially what it always is when not fan-owned).

We're fan-owned (one day...), it's our club now more than ever, and so we absolutely should be pulling together to improve the club.

That being said I think it's vital that we continue to criticise, or "bitch and moan". Where I sit in the middle of the two sides is we need to remember MCT/GMFC are well intentioned and we're essentially doing this against ourselves (e.g. the GMFC directors were on our side of the fence not long ago as fans, no doubt saying the same things, and now they're 'them' or 'the club'). Can't say I tend to follow my own advice on this one all the time, in fairness.

The them/us relationship needs binned with the previous era, and we do need to band together, but the feedback, shall we say, from the general fan is so important.

For what it's worth, I see the club as a glorified junior club at the minute, so the more open feedback to MCT the better.

We've been paying our subscriptions, buying season tickets, buying strips - what else do you want us to do? So far we've had a sex offender signed and failed to bring in enough signings to be competitive. At every turn we've put our faith and money in MCT and so far been let down - badly.

Yet, I'll still keep sending them my money every month - for now - and supporting the club any way I can. So you can fuck off telling us we don't have the right to talk about what we like and don't like on a fans forum. 

On the plus side no ones accused them of signing a manager we used to sing songs about asking him to cheer up. It's early days, progress takes time, going fan owned after the rich mans toy years brings challenges (and hopefully opportunities). We have to move forward and act like adults (not teenagers complaining everything's not right or fair while someone else pays). In it together?

Here we are a couple of days later and the Forum is full of praise for the way the club acted in the transfer market, and how the club's staff announced the signings. It's almost as if, and this is just a hunch here, supporters criticise the club when they don't like what's happening, and praise the club when they do like what's happening. You know, like every other set of football fans do. 

But don't let that minor detail stop you from some good old fashioned Helen Lovejoy-esque faux outrage.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Would further add that, having Brendan and Gus on hand to do the paperwork and sign the deals speaks well of how seriously the club took it. I know that's something most football fans take for granted but I'm not convinced we really did this in previous seasons. So that's another point in favor for MCT.

EOho8Pw.png

I think the club played a blinder with the way in which they conducted themselves in the transfer window.  I recall c.2010/11 when the gobshite kitman would feed titbits of information on what he knew to whom he wanted to be pals with, and it cost us a player who went on to Dundee.  When your resources are limited, playing your cards close to your chest is essential.  Let others do the speculating, and we'll have more like that Gus.

*insert signature here*

Archived