Match Preview/Thread - Partick Thistle vs Morton (Championship 28th August) - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Partick Thistle vs Morton (Championship 28th August)

Admin

That was really grim.

Whatever the plan for the 2nd half was, it went out of the window at the re-start. We conceded possession immediately - a few half-hearted tackles and a couple of minutes later we were 2-0 down and the game was over. We were lucky it was only 3-0 in the end.

We're going to lose the that fucking Celtic B team next week, aren't we?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, EanieMeany said:

Morton getting rode is par for the course these days, but signing a sex offender then having fans actively celebrating their offences is a new and troubling low, it has to be said.

Agreed.  

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

2 hours ago, EanieMeany said:

Morton getting rode is par for the course these days, but signing a sex offender then having fans actively celebrating their offences is a new and troubling low, it has to be said.

Aye not sure why anyone would condone it, absolutely vile. Thought I'd misheard at first but no, they'd be better off at Clyde.

24 minutes ago, so72 said:

Aye not sure why anyone would condone it, absolutely vile. Thought I'd misheard at first but no, they'd be better off at Clyde.

Agreed.

I wasn't there so never heard it. I'm sure the player himself won't be happy with it either.

Whatever your own feelings are on the player, things like this have to stop.

The people that sung and attempt to  justify the song  -  on forums- or via twitter -are just like our display yesterday. Absolutely Pathetic.

If any of them are connected in any way with the club then they should be removed immediately

JB

Power To The Powerless,

Strength Unto The Weak!

50 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

The people that sung and attempt to  justify the song  -  on forums- or via twitter -are just like our display yesterday. Absolutely Pathetic.

If any of them are connected in any way with the club then they should be removed immediately

JB

The guy who replied to the tweet’s brother is a volunteer at Cappielow, looking after the mascots and is involved with MCT, but it would be unfair to tar him with it.

Has to be said though, when someone digs you out for celebrating someone pulling one off in public, it takes a special sort to reply by labelling them a wanker. Although I very much doubt he’ll see the irony in that.

Goes without saying that it was an absolutely vile chant. You almost have to be in awe of anyone thick enough to put their name to defending it on twitter.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

11 hours ago, Toby said:

The guy who replied to the tweet’s brother is a volunteer at Cappielow, looking after the mascots and is involved with MCT, but it would be unfair to tar him with it.

Has to be said though, when someone digs you out for celebrating someone pulling one off in public, it takes a special sort to reply by labelling them a wanker. Although I very much doubt he’ll see the irony in that.

I see he's deleted it but I'd hope the club/ MCT are aware and don't let him anywhere near anything to do with them.

In fact, he's probably lucky not to be facing a ban. Essentially glorifying that kind of behavior is as bad as what Rangers recently banned fans for. He might not be on video but he's landed himself in it with the tweet. 

9 minutes ago, irnbru said:

I see he's deleted it but I'd hope the club/ MCT are aware and don't let him anywhere near anything to do with them.

In fact, he's probably lucky not to be facing a ban. Essentially glorifying that kind of behavior is as bad as what Rangers recently banned fans for. He might not be on video but he's landed himself in it with the tweet. 

The club aren’t going to ban someone for offensive chanting or posting online when they’ve actually employed the guy who’s crimes are the subject they’re glorifying. I know it’s different ownership now, but look at the amount of bans Gerry and I dodged back in the day.

You know however there’ll be a lot of back slapping and congratulating about how they’ve managed to “get a rise out of all the snowflakes” and stuck it to all these arseholes that have got too much to say for themselves. When in reality, once he sobered up, he was too ashamed of his tweet that he felt forced to delete it in the hope that it’s all forgotten about and there are no repercussions. Fooling nobody. 

Whats the definitive decision onthe boos during the kneeling? Same group of fans. I assumed they were booing Partick for not taking the knee but after the Lithgow chant I'm not so sure.

Honestly, they're better off on one of the buses to Ibrox.

12 minutes ago, so72 said:

Whats the definitive decision onthe boos during the kneeling? Same group of fans. I assumed they were booing Partick for not taking the knee but after the Lithgow chant I'm not so sure.

Honestly, they're better off on one of the buses to Ibrox.

I wasn't in the ground at that point, were Morton players booed for taking the knee on Saturday? 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

22 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

That was really grim.

Whatever the plan for the 2nd half was, it went out of the window at the re-start. We conceded possession immediately - a few half-hearted tackles and a couple of minutes later we were 2-0 down and the game was over. We were lucky it was only 3-0 in the end.

We're going to lose the that fucking Celtic B team next week, aren't we?

Most definitely.  All other teams seem to take care and dispose of these 'colt' outfits, however Morton will most definitely flounder against this lot.

*insert signature here*

On 8/29/2021 at 10:37 AM, irnbru said:

That song and justification of it is more embarrassing than the result. 

Pretty sure the guy responding has family that is involved with the club too. 

Screenshot_20210829-103323_Twitter.jpg

22 hours ago, irnbru said:

Singing about a man playing with himself in front of a woman and a baby as if it's a joke and then trying to justify it? It really is. 

Regardless of anyone's thoughts on Lithgow being rehabilitated or the debate about him signing in the first place, it's a disgraceful thing to sing. 

I agree with Irnbru 100% on this one.

There was a big outcry at the weekend down south about Liverpool support taunting the Chelsea Headhunters with the chant "Chelsea Rent Boys" which was labeled as homophobic in many quarters.  Whether or not that constitutes 'homophobic abuse' is another debate, however the actions of the Liverpool support were condemned by their club, I've not seen any statements from Morton about those chants, which were far more appalling.  Maybe because to make such a statement would be to acknowledge the fact that the club have signed a sex offender and wrong'un.

Their is an element of respectability of Liverpool's chants in comparison to those about Alan Lithgow.   Despite all the shrieks of 'homophobia'.

*insert signature here*

2 hours ago, BishopBrennan said:

I wasn't in the ground at that point, were Morton players booed for taking the knee on Saturday? 

There was booing from the boys with the drum and that. A few fans around me were shouting at them for booing but I had thought they were booing Partick for not taking the knee but maybe the fans around me were right and I was wrong.

46 minutes ago, capitanus said:

I agree with Irnbru 100% on this one.

There was a big outcry at the weekend down south about Liverpool support taunting the Chelsea Headhunters with the chant "Chelsea Rent Boys" which was labeled as homophobic in many quarters.  Whether or not that constitutes 'homophobic abuse' is another debate, however the actions of the Liverpool support were condemned by their club, I've not seen any statements from Morton about those chants, which were far more appalling.  Maybe because to make such a statement would be to acknowledge the fact that the club have signed a sex offender and wrong'un.

Their is an element of respectability of Liverpool's chants in comparison to those about Alan Lithgow.   Despite all the shrieks of 'homophobia'.

Ultimately this is the main point of the matter. MCT have dug themselves into this hole by not acknowledging the fans’ quite legitimate concerns in the first place. If this was about racist or homophobic abuse, they’d have a sound base to work from, but because their own practices have left a great deal to be desired, they’re in a difficult position, here.

Not going to lie, I’ve got a horse in the race here as I know, and really don’t get along with these guys. That said, I’m not comfortable with folk getting banned from Cappielow, especially by a fan owned club, unless their crimes are particularly heinous. This I find offensive, and offending guys like myself and the others commenting on here was probably the grand plan in the first place, but I’m not sure where it fits on the scale alongside say, the Rangers bus last week.

I’ve given MCT a lot of grief over the last few months and tried to temper it recently since Graham Barr got in touch to address some of my concerns, but await with bated breath their response to this. There’s a happy medium between Warren Hawke firing out letters to all and sundry and things like this being brushed under the carpet for fear of a negative reaction. How the board of directors at Cappielow react to this could well define how confident we can be in their leadership, values, ability to confront difficult situations and fitness for purpose going forward.

32 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

It doesn’t even require bans or anything, I think that’d be way OTT at this atage. A statement saying it isn’t on would suffice, if it kept up, further action could obviously be taken.   

Agree there needs to be something.

But the guy on twitter had family involved in the club/MCT so they should 100% make sure that he never worms his way in to either. 

I don't think banning fans who were singing these songs is a road to go down (at this stage at least), a public statement from the club would have been an appropriate and measured response. Instead we've had nothing, which is both concerning and infruriating. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Archived