Partick Tickets - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Partick Tickets

So that went well.

Normally go to Firhill as its local but unable to get down for tickets this week.

While commercially this does not affect Morton we need to get fans back in the habit of attending games. Anticipate MCT will have considered our fans comments and implement plans to overcome issues for non Inverclyde fans. 

Sale after home games a common sense solution and with some time to plan, omit Celtic B game. 

1 hour ago, Ton4life said:

So that went well.

Normally go to Firhill as its local but unable to get down for tickets this week.

While commercially this does not affect Morton we need to get fans back in the habit of attending games. Anticipate MCT will have considered our fans comments and implement plans to overcome issues for non Inverclyde fans. 

Sale after home games a common sense solution and with some time to plan, omit Celtic B game. 

Clearly it did go quite well, given that we sold out our allocation and are probably bringing the biggest travelling support to an away game since the cup quarter final against Celtic in 2018.

But of course, you’ve been inconvenienced, so it’s a disaster. I’m not local myself, but have had plenty of mates across two or three group chats all offering to pick up a ticket for me. Has asking a mate been an option you’ve considered, or are you equally as insufferable in real life as your online persona on this forum is?

Have you called Cappielow to find a solution beyond moaning on here about the injustice of it all? Whilst I’m very much in the “MCT couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery” camp, anytime I’ve phoned Cappielow regarding tickets, I’ve never experienced any problems with them posting tickets out promptly.

I wouldn’t say I’d be too far off the mark in suggesting that if you really wanted to get a ticket, you’d probably have gotten one, and with minimum fuss. However, the path you chose was to whine about the whole injustice of Morton’s ticketing policy which isn’t tailored around you, and you specifically. I hope you have a thoroughly miserable Saturday, punctured briefly by hearing Morton have beaten that minging lot. Although that would probably not be what you’re after anyway.

8 hours ago, Toby said:

Clearly it did go quite well, given that we sold out our allocation and are probably bringing the biggest travelling support to an away game since the cup quarter final against Celtic in 2018.

But of course, you’ve been inconvenienced, so it’s a disaster. I’m not local myself, but have had plenty of mates across two or three group chats all offering to pick up a ticket for me. Has asking a mate been an option you’ve considered, or are you equally as insufferable in real life as your online persona on this forum is?

Have you called Cappielow to find a solution beyond moaning on here about the injustice of it all? Whilst I’m very much in the “MCT couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery” camp, anytime I’ve phoned Cappielow regarding tickets, I’ve never experienced any problems with them posting tickets out promptly.

I wouldn’t say I’d be too far off the mark in suggesting that if you really wanted to get a ticket, you’d probably have gotten one, and with minimum fuss. However, the path you chose was to whine about the whole injustice of Morton’s ticketing policy which isn’t tailored around you, and you specifically. I hope you have a thoroughly miserable Saturday, punctured briefly by hearing Morton have beaten that minging lot. Although that would probably not be what you’re after anyway.

Have you two got history?  That's an extraordinary response/ad hominem on another fan simply pointing out that getting a ticket to a local game is harder than it could be.

Not everyone spends the week before a game living & breathing football, swapping messages on numerous WhatsApp groups.  Some do, some don't.  We all have our routines & priorities.  Just don't understand why anyone would want to get so personal about matchday ticketing.

FWIW, I called Smiths just now.  And if you can get down there, it's looking like there are plenty more tickets to go round after getting the 2nd batch in yesterday.

Ton4life - I don't know you, but PM me if you're still wanting a ticket.  Happy to pick an extra one up if needs be, and you can pay me at the ground.

13 hours ago, Alex Hope said:

Seriously?!  How hard can it be to get the unsold tickets returned to Firhill for (let's say) 12pm so that Morton fans wanting to pay on the gate can do so?  There are going to plenty of Glasgow-based Morton fans who would be tempted to turn upon the day.  Do they want the match revenue or not?  Stop making getting to football so difficult.

We're also out of town, but north of Glasgow.  Quite happy to drive in for the game tomorrow, but really not wanting to schlep over to Greenock first if I can help it.

That's the problem of 'Partick Thistle Family Club', not Morton. 

So long as clubs insist on ticket-only entry and don't set up a booth for walk-up purchases, that is the inconvenience you face by being an out of town fan. The club is not required to hand-deliver tickets to away games or spirit them up to Firhill again for your convenience. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2 hours ago, Alex Hope said:

Have you two got history?  That's an extraordinary response/ad hominem on another fan simply pointing out that getting a ticket to a local game is harder than it could be.

Not everyone spends the week before a game living & breathing football, swapping messages on numerous WhatsApp groups.  Some do, some don't.  We all have our routines & priorities.  Just don't understand why anyone would want to get so personal about matchday ticketing.

No more so than I have with any other self absorbed drama queen who’d walk a million miles to get their feelings hurt, but wouldn’t cross the street to get a match ticket if the alternative was to bleat online about the perceived injustices of it 

A couple of points worth answering, though;

Keeping in touch with your mates on a WhatsApp group hardly constitutes living and breathing football 24/7. If you and said mates are aware of ticketing arrangements (which you should be as they were communicated through all the appropriate channels), it makes sense that you do your best to work round these arrangements and accommodate everyone. I’d suggest it takes approximately 3 minutes out of your week to say “yes, I’d like a ticket, I’ll transfer you £20” and reply with “cheers” once said ticket has been purchased.

”We all have our routines and priorities”. Yes, we do. But for the last 18 months, we’ve had to adapt to changing circumstances. Just walking up to a football ground, handing over £20 and going in isn’t how it works these days. The vast majority just get on with the changing circumstances, but there’s always the odd one who makes it all about himself- see Ton4Life.

For all Morton’s faults, there are some genuinely good people working at Cappielow, who would bend over backwards to try and accommodate folk. The days of Susan Burns treating paying customers with downright contempt are in the distant past, and I don’t think for a second that someone like Brendan or Lesley Anne wouldn’t go out their way to help anyone.

The post was grossly unfair on Morton and those who have handled the ticketing arrangements. There are times that they won’t get everything right, but generally they work to get a solution for everyone. Posts like this should be challenged as they aren’t a fair representation of how the club have worked this week.

On 8/28/2021 at 12:22 AM, Toby said:

On 8/28/2021 at 12:22 AM, Toby said:

Sad back to old habits Gordon, or is it Mr Gordon.

Red dot response.

Just when I thought you had grown balls.

My post was aimed at MCT and a way forward too improve matters. I have been busy this week and didn't consider the old pals route simply because many are still avoiding attendance with Delta surging.

As an aside I read an interesting book by Dr Anna Lembke, a world expert in addiction, Finding Balance in the Age of Indulgence.

Have you considered reducing the need to heighten your dopamine levels through promotion/participation in this forum , in particular utilising your position/influence.

She suggests you may have a digital dependency, much like a drug craving but more about self worth and less detrimental to the environment.

I was happy that recently you had adopted a more mature and balanced approach to my postings and ask that you reconsidered what I said and really keep the red dots for comments that merit them.

1 hour ago, Ton4life said:

Red dot response.

My post was aimed at MCT and a way forward too improve matters. I have been busy this week and didn't consider the old pals route simply because many are still avoiding attendance with Delta surging.

As an aside I read an interesting book by Dr Anna Lembke, a world expert in addiction, Finding Balance in the Age of Indulgence.

Have you considered reducing the need to heighten your dopamine levels through promotion/participation in this forum , in particular utilising your position/influence.

She suggests you may have a digital dependency, much like a drug craving but more about self worth and less detrimental to the environment.

I was happy that recently you had adopted a more mature and balanced approach to my postings and ask that you reconsidered what I said and really keep the red dots for comments that merit them.

EalNV7JXQAQ4J0m (1).png

Top marks for getting up on your stupid, lame, decrepit high horse about your mates avoiding attendance at games because Delta, as if that somehow disqualifies you from just ringing Cappielow at any point during the past week. 

Ambulance chaser confirmed. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

4 hours ago, Ton4life said:

Red dot response.

^^^

Thundercunt

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

12 hours ago, Ton4life said:

Red dot response.

My approach to your posts is no different to my approach to anyone else’s, hotshot. It just so happens that your posting on most matters tends to amount to ambulance chasing, dreadful trolling, seeking sympathy, putting the boot in without justification,  bleating when pulled up for your dreadful takes and generally digging yourself into a hole that you can’t get out of.

Neither I, nor anyone else can be held accountable for that, it’s all on you.

The simple solution is to stop making a complete fanny of yourself- that way you’re unlikely to be dug up for making a complete fanny of yourself. HTH.

On 8/29/2021 at 1:29 PM, Toby said:

My approach to your posts is no different to my approach to anyone else’s, hotshot. It just so happens that your posting on most matters tends to amount to ambulance chasing, dreadful trolling, seeking sympathy, putting the boot in without justification,  bleating when pulled up for your dreadful takes and generally digging yourself into a hole that you can’t get out of.

Neither I, nor anyone else can be held accountable for that, it’s all on you.

The simple solution is to stop making a complete fanny of yourself- that way you’re unlikely to be dug up for making a complete fanny of yourself. HTH.

Well its great to hit a nerve.

Same old group of Whatsapp buddies called in for support. Have you signed the Arbroath Boy up yet?

"ambulance chasing " is def not someone seeking financial gain for getting on the case. Is that not the reason for your operational participation in running this site. ie making money out of all the hits I and others generate. 

Pity you don't seem to understand my post or maybe copy and paste is the limit of your talents and buying and reading books is beyond you.

15 hours ago, Ton4life said:

Same old group of Whatsapp buddies called in for support. Have you signed the Arbroath Boy up yet?

"ambulance chasing " is def not someone seeking financial gain for getting on the case. Is that not the reason for your operational participation in running this site. ie making money out of all the hits I and others generate. 

Pity you don't seem to understand my post or maybe copy and paste is the limit of your talents and buying and reading books is beyond you.

I generally use my Morton group chats for something more productive, such as ticket and travel arrangements- you should try it. 

Perhaps, rather than me rounding up the troops, these guys clicked on the thread, read your posts, decided “what a thundercunt” and commented accordingly. Did that not cross your tiny mind?

17 hours ago, Ton4life said:

PMSL, whit!?!?!?! 

*insert signature here*

Archived