Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs QOTS (Championship 21st August) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs QOTS (Championship 21st August)

Admin

36 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

I thought it was a dive at the time, but that looks a stonewaller.

That literally confirms that Oliver hurdled over the challenge and there was no actual contact. You could argue that avoiding contact from a lunge nowhere near the ball is a legitimate penalty, but if you just accept the clattering then it leaves no doubt in the referee's mind. 

There's a Liverpool-esque sense of injustice building at this club and I for one am not okay with it. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

That literally confirms that Oliver hurdled over the challenge and there was no actual contact. You could argue that avoiding contact from a lunge nowhere near the ball is a legitimate penalty, but if you just accept the clattering then it leaves no doubt in the referee's mind. 

There's a Liverpool-esque sense of injustice building at this club and I for one am not okay with it. 

It literally confirms nothing.

26 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

It literally confirms nothing.

If you're Stevie Wonder, sure. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I watched the live stream and I thought we were the better side going forward .... the penalty was a stonewaller which could have made it 2-2 and we probably would have went on to win it... unfortunately you can't beat luck and I thought QOS had a lot of luck today.

Despite the drizzle and the result it was such a pleasure to be back at Cappielow. I thought we deserved at least a draw but a combination of poor defending and a lack of squad depth led to our demise. Most of the team played ok yesterday including the young lads who came off the bench however three starters disappointed - Muirhead, Hynes and Lyon. Muirhead just does not do enough to justify a start against anyone other than maybe an outfit from the seaside leagues, Hynes got owned ithroughout the first half lmost obviously in the lead-ip to the penalty (MacPherson's tactical analysis was to holler at Hynes to "snap him") and Lyon, once again, failed to take his opportunity. Despite what MacPherson has stated we clearly need a creative influence in midfield.

Personally I thought we were dreadful. Long, high balls loosely aimed at 2 big guys ain't my idea of football. No guile in midfield. And no pace anywhere in the team. When Knowles came on at least he offered something different,  however we then stick Lithgow up front weakening both defence and attack as we then reverted back to big punts up the pitch. Another long season ahead with our customary relegation battle looming.

We need a box to box midfielder to link up our attack to defence as well. When things are working up front we are creating enough dangerous opportunities but we are too easy to play through and the team became disjointed when chasing the game. 

Lyon should be stepping up to that role by now but he was anonymous yesterday. We cannot rely on either him or Blues as a first pick and if/when Jacobs is unavailable then we'd be in all sorts of trouble. 

Thoroughly enjoyed that yesterday despite the result. Just being back at cappielow with a decent crowd and a game full of goals, incidents and needle. Thought a draw would have been fair but as I've already said we cannot allow those defensive lapses to continue. Really felt for Hamilton who was left exposed by his defence and to his credit did very well. The sooner we get McLean back in the team and ledger goes to full back the better as I think it'll make us more solid. I also think strapp is being wasted when he's playing as part of a back 3. Yesterday showed that we are really short of any real depth, experience or quality and the changes from the bench just were not going to have the impact needed. We especially need at least another central midfielder and a winger. Russell did well imo as did Knowles when he came on but I do worry that we are going to be overly reliant on Ugwu and Queens played him really well yesterday. As for muirhead the less said the better. I really like Oliver playing in that free role behind the strikers but ideally he needed to be subbed yesterday as we chased the game and he tired.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Yet not out on our official channel 5 days later....

Failing with the basics time after time.

On their pen BTW, exact same as ours. Jacobs leaves a leg in, misses the ball, boy falls over it, 2 stonewallers.

2 hours ago, Madton said:

On their pen BTW, exact same as ours. Jacobs leaves a leg in, misses the ball, boy falls over it, 2 stonewallers.

There is contact with the player for one of the challenges and not for the other, so it really isn't. 

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

There is contact with the player for one of the challenges and not for the other, so it really isn't. 

On Oliver, there absolutely was. Impossible not to have contact the way the boy left his leg in.Screenshot_20210825-182843_Twitter.jpg

4 hours ago, Madton said:

Yet not out on our official channel 5 days later....

Failing with the basics time after time.

The social media side of things (along with the website which seems to have just disregarded the football side of things - all the articles are mostly commercial and attributed to others) seems to have got worse and less frequent since the new employee started. 

4 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Reactionary as always.

We should start the moans right after the game and things will get done more timely.

A pretty toothless display from us. Put a lot of good balls in to the box and just didn't take advantage. I thought the Oliver foul was a pen at the time and still think the same.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I don't think it is a penalty, Oliver goes to ground anticipating the contact (which is the right thing to do), but he either mistimes his fall or doesn't want to risk the full force of the contact. If there is contact (which I'm not convinced there is), then it's minimal and happens after Oliver has fallen, which could quite easily be seen as simulation given Oliver has fallen in anticipation of the contact. I think the ref got it absolutely right, if Oliver is going to go to ground then he has to make sure he forces the contact. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

3 hours ago, BishopBrennan said:

Oliver goes to ground anticipating the contact (which is the right thing to do), 

It isn't the right thing to do, because if he had simply continued playing as normal then there wouldn't be any need for laughable, JFK-style stills trying to prove that he was fouled. He would have just been clattered by that haddy in real time and it would have been a clear as day penalty.

Archived