Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs QOTS (Championship 21st August) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs QOTS (Championship 21st August)

Admin

Just now, irnbru said:

Aye, need to replace Hynes quickly. Muirhead too. So easy to break us down. 

Joke we only have four outfield players on the bench to change things. 

We don't even have 4 'to change things' when some of them are children.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dunning1874 said:

What the fuck was Lithgow playing at for the third? There's been absolutely appalling defending for all five goals we've conceded in the league so far.

I thought he defended it as well as he could have. As connolly was running through on goal Lithgow looked behind him and saw a free QOTS player so couldn't commit over towards the player too early. Made connolly make a decision and was inches from closing down the tackle to narrow the angle at last second. 

He was in a pretty impossible situation left exposed to mark two players at once. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

1 minute ago, irnbru said:

Aye, need to replace Hynes quickly. Muirhead too. So easy to break us down. 

Joke we only have four outfield players on the bench to change things. 

One of those outfielders being a 16 year old who is actually on the park. But we don't need more midfielders apparently.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Just now, port-ton said:

I thought he defended it as well as he could have. As connolly was running through on goal Lithgow looked behind him and saw a free QOTS player so couldn't commit over towards the player too early. Made connolly make a decision and was inches from closing down the tackle to narrow the angle at last second. 

He was in a pretty impossible situation left exposed to mark two players at once. 

The numbers they had created a difficult situation, but he had to come across and commit to the ball at least 10 yards further up the park than he did.

That does not look over the line from the stream :lol:

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Referee been absolutely dung all round. 

Don't think we've been that bad especially compared to last season. Two even teams and just wasn't our day. 

Desperately need bodies through the door. Embarrassing lack of depth in the squad right now. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

1 minute ago, port-ton said:

Referee been absolutely dung all round. 

Don't think we've been that bad especially compared to last season. Two even teams and just wasn't our day. 

Desperately need bodies through the door. Embarrassing lack of depth in the squad right now. 

We defended just as badly against Dunfermline. That needs to get fixed ASAP or we'll be in serious trouble regardless of how well we play. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

As always Queens prefer playing us at Cappielow. Disappointing result but we never really got going in the 2nd half. Young lad Knowles showed some good stuff but faded a bit understandably, Gozie remains a handful but Muirhead is firmly back to his waste of a jersey performances from last season. Midfield looks thin and it showed as the game wore on. Overall the defence didn't look as comfortable as they have recently although the keeper played well.

We definitely need a few bodies in if we are going to avoid a bottom half struggle. Over to you Gus. 

52 minutes ago, TaunTon said:

As always Queens prefer playing us at Cappielow. Disappointing result but we never really got going in the 2nd half. Young lad Knowles showed some good stuff but faded a bit understandably, Gozie remains a handful but Muirhead is firmly back to his waste of a jersey performances from last season. Midfield looks thin and it showed as the game wore on. Overall the defence didn't look as comfortable as they have recently although the keeper played well.

We definitely need a few bodies in if we are going to avoid a bottom half struggle. Over to you Gus. 

Gus saying we're fine in midfield while playing there then deciding to put lithgow up front and bypassing them is starting to make sense. 

It was good to be back. We looked horribly exposed at times, especially down our right side. Ugwu battled gamely and Knowles put himself about when he came on. Muirhead is a waste of a jersey. We really could do with more bodies in midfield. Oliver kept getting caught on the ball during the second half, which was incredibly frustrating. I’m not sure if our second goal crossed the line. I couldn’t tell from where I was.

28 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

I thought it was a dive at the time, but that looks a stonewaller.

We were at the sinclair st end and right behind it. No doubt it was a penalty. Not sure how both the ref and linesman didn't think so. 

Defensive lapses cost us today and if it wasn't for Hamilton it could have been more. 

The total lack of any real depth or quality in the squad was there for all to see and to be honest it's grim as fuck. Needs to be sorted quickly.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

2 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Defensive lapses cost us today and if it wasn't for Hamilton it could have been more. 

The total lack of any real depth or quality in the squad was there for all to see and to be honest it's grim as fuck. Needs to be sorted quickly.

Yep, it's disappointing to have a decent enough overall performance being undermined by the complete lack of options off the bench to change things. While there were mistakes the team worked hard but at a professional level they need different options and fresh ideas that we badly lacked. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived