Match Preview/Thread - Hamilton vs Morton (Championship 7th August) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Hamilton vs Morton (Championship 7th August)

Admin

Just been reading the newspapers well the daily record and it looks like Hamilton are not happy because they think they should have won... who gives a f***k they play on synthetic turf which is shit so obviously it would be to their advantage.. when they arseholes get to the hallowed ground hopefully we will give them the the horsing they need to bring them back to normality and realise that we are the bigger team here plain and simple.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Terrible is hugely overstating it. Ropey first fifteen minutes, granted, then we restricted Hamilton to a lot of central possession and naff all to show for it. Cammy "Camoranesi" Blues then set up Ugwu for a great finish and from there on it was just a case of seeing the game out. Jack Hamilton was called into action a lot, granted, but it was hardly smash and grab, even at half time.

Aye, maybe terrible is a bit much but it was pretty poor. I think the biggest problem was just the space they had with Muirhead deciding just to stand about wide left got most of the game so they got a lot of possession. 

Thought it was only a matter of time before they scored but fair play to Gus, we got the goal and were a lot more solid after the break. 

12 hours ago, irnbru said:

It was terrible in the first half....

Think you're being very harsh in your assessment of the team in the 1st half, apart from the first 10 or 15 minutes, I thought we were far from terrible. Thereafter  I thought it was pretty even and we more than held our own.

And I thought our game management after we scored was excellent. I fully expected us to be under siege in the 2nd half, but apart from when they hit the crossbar, we limited them to half-chances and saw out the game reasonably comfortably. 

That's us now unbeaten against three of the bookie's favourites for top four finishes. If we can sign another 3 or 4 decent players there's every reason to be cautiously optimistic for the season ahead.

1 hour ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

That's us now unbeaten against three of the bookie's favourites for top four finishes. If we can sign another 3 or 4 decent players there's every reason to be cautiously optimistic for the season ahead.

Are there 3 or 4 decent players still to sign for a team? We're left with hoping for some impactful loans at this point.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Are the Accies too tinpot to do highlights? Their YT channel is years out of date, and their TV page on their official site seemingly stopped getting updated after they got relegated.

EOho8Pw.png

56 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Are the Accies too tinpot to do highlights? Their YT channel is years out of date, and their TV page on their official site seemingly stopped getting updated after they got relegated

Well, Accies do have history for withdrawing highlights when things weren't going their way, as I recall.

19 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Well, Accies do have history for withdrawing highlights when things weren't going their way, as I recall.

Forgot about that. Makes Saturday even better. 

Archived