Match Preview/Thread - Hamilton vs Morton (Championship 7th August) - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Hamilton vs Morton (Championship 7th August)

Admin

b049a7ec-9e87-4559-9f91-37024a7e15f8.jpg

Our match preview and thread is brought to you in association with The Inverclyde Boiler Company, The Inverclyde Bathroom Company and The Inverclyde Kitchen Company. Shayne and his team are extremely proud to serve the Inverclyde community 💙

2bf7ae24-ee99-4508-a9c9-4461f7671376.jpg

Our match thread is brought to you in association with Titan Spirits, a local company inspired by Clydeside heritage and Inverclyde's incredible scenery. Their new Titan Spiced Rum is available now! Click here to order Titan Spiced Rum!

Ahead of our first league match against Hamilton since THAT day in 2014, Russell Gordon looks back at what happened that day and the careers of the players involved. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lyon benched again? Ffs. He’ll not be wanting to stay beyond this season.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

We are defending with nine men only here because the centre forwards (especially Muirhead) are not pressing off the ball. It's unsustainable. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Under the cosh first 20 and we seem to have abandoned playing football the way we did last week and opting to launch the ball up to Ugwu and muirhead at every opportunity.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Ugwu!

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

This has been poor. 

Giving away a lot of daft fouls which will eventually cost us. Really hope Gus gives them a bollicking at half time and we come up looking to attack. Russell and Lyon on for McGregor and blues as well.

Just now, Mr.Blue said:

This has been poor. 

Giving away a lot of daft fouls which will eventually cost us. Really hope Gus gives them a bollicking at half time and we come up looking to attack. Russell and Lyon on for McGregor and blues as well.

Lol!

12 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

This has been poor. 

We have been looking to attack, we're just getting overrun in midfield. We can't play the ball out at all so long balls to Ugwu is the only option we've got, and it's a not bad one.

I'd take Muirhead off to shore up the midfield soon. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived