Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Dunfermline (Championship 31st July) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Dunfermline (Championship 31st July)

Admin

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Drew Busby's Moustache said:

BBC Sportsound at Cappielow giving Morton big licks "playing brilliantly and doing to Dunfermline what he expected Dunfermline to be doing to Morton!"

Absolutely right. We gifted Dunfermline one good chance but other than that we've been absolutely dominant, particularly down the right hand side. Ugwu is everywhere in the final third, Hynes getting forward pretty well, Jacobs nice and busy. You can tell it's still a work in progress but we're off to a fine start.

EOho8Pw.png

Must be said Lithgow is a premier league defender and we are lucky to have him on ability alone. 

Ugwu is a champions league striker and we are lucky just to be in his presence. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Pleasantly surprised by that first half. Played some good stuff and really went at Dunfermline. Before the game I was a little concerned about McGregor and hynes but to be fair they have been fine although Id still be looking for upgrades. Big Ugwu has been fantastic as has Lithgow. Gary Oliver has been a stand out too. The best I've seen us play since the Duffy days. Dunfermline look dangerous going forward but are suspect at the back. Definitely a winnable game.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

10 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Absolutely right. We gifted Dunfermline one good chance but other than that we've been absolutely dominant, particularly down the right hand side. Ugwu is everywhere in the final third, Hynes getting forward pretty well, Jacobs nice and busy. You can tell it's still a work in progress but we're off to a fine start.

Great stuff...fingers crossed we keep it up! 😃

Just now, Mr.Blue said:

Pleasantly surprised by that first half. Played some good stuff and really went at Dunfermline. Before the game I was a little concerned about McGregor and hynes but to be fair they have been fine although Id still be looking for upgrades. Big Ugwu has been fantastic as has Lithgow. Gary Oliver has been a stand out too. The best I've seen us play since the Duffy days. Dunfermline look dangerous going forward but are suspect at the back. Definitely a winnable game.

Agree apart from Haynes who for me has struggled with O'Hara cutting onto his stronger foot (Thomas will try and do the same on the other side). Other than that concern it's been a very good half. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

That's two big chances missed, Ugwu and Muirhead. 

Dunfermline's goal was well-worked, not a terrible one to give away, but we have to be taking one of those two opportunities. 

EOho8Pw.png

That big Bulgarian diddy was a NAP to score against us. He always does. 

That was the 7th time he's done it. Only scored 36 career goals, a fifty of them against Morton. The new James Craigen. 

Very poor defending at that set piece. We've been asking for it this half. There are still plenty of positives to take from the game, and few teams will be as strong as Dunfermline this season, but that's a sickener to give away. 

EOho8Pw.png

2 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Mark Russell looks like he could be a good addition.

I think he's been very poor, but maybe he's just not match sharp. 

Hamilton inexplicably comes out of his box but Rhys "Lole" Cole skies it over an open goal. 

EOho8Pw.png

Archived