Match Thread - Morton vs Clyde (League Cup 24th July) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Morton vs Clyde (League Cup 24th July)

Admin

Morton tweeted saying McLean was discharged from hospital tonight which is great news. Wish him a speedy recovery. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

37 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Morton tweeted saying McLean was discharged from hospital tonight which is great news. Wish him a speedy recovery. 

Good to hear, and definitely hopeful its speedy. Last thing we need is a centre back injured when there's a Tam O'Ware released into the wild.

Was hoping he would be QOS's signing announcement tonight but that was Harry Cochrane.

13 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Good to hear, and definitely hopeful its speedy. Last thing we need is a centre back injured when there's a Tam O'Ware released into the wild.

Was hoping he would be QOS's signing announcement tonight but that was Harry Cochrane.

Just going to say it. O'Ware's a fud but he'd be a decent signing.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Glad to hear McLean's okay, looked horrible.

Hard to read too much into the performance considering it was essentially a friendly for us and the level of opposition, but two well taken goals. I'll not be getting carried away about Muirhead taking that form into the league until he starts doing it against Championship opposition, but that should give him confidence for it at least and if he's going to turn his career around it has to start now.

That 4-1-3-2 shape could work well, although you wouldn't want it every week as the lack of width could be exposed defensively by some sides. If we are doing it I'd much rather Jacobs was the one sitting than Blues though, he's more suited to that and was wasted as part of the three.

Surprised Russell hasn't had any game time in the League Cup, but then we don't know how players are coping with the return to training.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

45 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Glad to hear McLean's okay, looked horrible.

Hard to read too much into the performance considering it was essentially a friendly for us and the level of opposition, but two well taken goals. I'll not be getting carried away about Muirhead taking that form into the league until he starts doing it against Championship opposition, but that should give him confidence for it at least and if he's going to turn his career around it has to start now.

That 4-1-3-2 shape could work well, although you wouldn't want it every week as the lack of width could be exposed defensively by some sides. If we are doing it I'd much rather Jacobs was the one sitting than Blues though, he's more suited to that and was wasted as part of the three.

Surprised Russell hasn't had any game time in the League Cup, but then we don't know how players are coping with the return to training.

I'd actually forgotten we'd signed Russell.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

It was a weird game. 

Dead rubber. Few youth players in the squad. We probably deserved the win in the end though. 

I thought our defence was fairly good, thought Lithgow absolutely strolled it. Felt Ledger got caught for pace a few times when he came on but not overly worried. Hamilton had no chance from the strike, but he appears to be a calming presence at the back, especially collecting crosses. Who'd of knew? 

I think we are screaming out for a creative player or two in the middle though. It was hard to watch us in the midfield at times. 

Actually missed the first Muirhead goal from giving Love a hard time for feigning a headbutt on the touchline! His 2nd was greatly taken. Thought he did a lot of running but never made much more of an impact otherwise. He was much better the Gozie though, who I thought was being marshalled by Jonathan Page at times. 

I am concerned going into next week against goals for fun Dunfermline next week though. 

30 minutes ago, Renfrew said:

Muirhead makes team of the round

And Morton absolutely rubbing their hands together that they get to tweet this so they get to tick the 'we gone did an update' box for the day.

Archived