Match Thread - Kilmarnock vs Morton (League Cup 20th July) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Thread - Kilmarnock vs Morton (League Cup 20th July)

Admin

I think Ugwu up front and Oliver dropping deeper could work very well for us if they compliment more creative players instead of expecting them to be our most creative outlets. Need some quality attacking signings in as we look defensively solid again. 

Few shite pens but also their keeper made a couple of cracking saves. 

More positives than negatives in that performance and hopefully a foundation to build on. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lithgow’s penalty was the best penalty of the lot. I wouldn’t say he should be our penalty taker as he isn’t even fit to wear the shirt, but I’d hope Jacobs is kept off penalty duties where possible- his recent record hasn’t been great at all. To hand that’s misses against St. Mirren, East Kilbride and now Killie. I assume he scored at Fir Park, but can’t remember for certain. His record in the last year or so can’t be much better than 50%.

I was fearing the worst pre-kickoff, but thought we looked solid enough. It's a shame we couldn't see out the win. The Ugwu fella done a lot of running down the channels and held the ball up well to give us a chance of getting up the pitch, when we were starting to tire.

Have only caught our goal, but it sounds like a relatively encouraging performance given the team put out/where they are in pre-season. McGregor’s surely made a case for being involved going forward too. 

Archived