East Kilbride match - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

East Kilbride match

That's embarrassing as hell. Either the club is lying in their statement or arguably even worse if we've got one member of the leadership team making statements on behalf of the club to the tele without the others knowledge, while another member is releasing official club statements to the contrary. 

There needs to be leadership and accountability as an absolute must. I'm all for praising and giving the benefit of the doubt when it's due but a lot of the things we've bumbled through so far this summer come down to structural failings within MCT that must be fixed. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Deary me, this is getting beyond a joke now, and is just downright embarrassing.  

From the outside at least, it would appear that our club is now being ran by a bunch of incompetent buffoons. And unless (s)he's some kind of super(wo)man, I can't imagine a part-time General Manger on 30 hours a week will be able to turn this shitstorm around.   

Worrying times. 

It's absolutely not a job that can be done in 30 hours a week, IMO, especially with one of the working days being match day. Whoever gets that gig has a real job on their hands.

MCT have managed to fire through so much of the credit they had in the bank already. From starting the new regime with gus, starting a squad rebuild by signing up a sex offender then going silent for weeks and now this latest embrassment. There needs to be consequences for whoever it is that's lying. The new General Manager has a huge task and can't be the last new face.

They're still getting my money for now but they dont have an infinite amount of loyalty that they can call on.

10 minutes ago, Deego said:

It's absolutely not a job that can be done in 30 hours a week, IMO, especially with one of the working days being match day. Whoever gets that gig has a real job on their hands.

If we're talking about a carbon copy of what MacKinnon was doing, yeah, it's a hiding to nothing. But if the role is more operational and the Chief Exec tasks - the actual executive ones - are falling to the BoD, it's doable.

That does, however, leave very key decisions and action items in the hands of volunteers, many of whom have day jobs.

EOho8Pw.png

2 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

If we're talking about a carbon copy of what MacKinnon was doing, yeah, it's a hiding to nothing. But if the role is more operational and the Chief Exec tasks - the actual executive ones - are falling to the BoD, it's doable.

That does, however, leave very key decisions and action items in the hands of volunteers, many of whom have day jobs.

Just went to reference the job ad but it's been taken down. I'm sure you must've seen it anyway but from what I read it had "fuck at" written all over it.

21 minutes ago, so72 said:

MCT have managed to fire through so much of the credit they had in the bank already. From starting the new regime with gus, starting a squad rebuild by signing up a sex offender then going silent for weeks and now this latest embrassment. There needs to be consequences for whoever it is that's lying. The new General Manager has a huge task and can't be the last new face.

They're still getting my money for now but they dont have an infinite amount of loyalty that they can call on.

I see the colt team thing failed but a bit of consulting with fans on that would have been good too. 

Happy with that team tbh. Could have been much worse and also get to see what level a few of the young boys are at. Hoping Garrity has a good game. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

1 minute ago, TRVMP said:

Is Derek Anderson taking the team because of COVID?

Not a huge deal either way but I'm a bit curious.

Either Covid or F'lk'rk have pinched our manager again.

Yellow strip with the sponsor changed - thought we weren't using that one this season?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived