East Kilbride match - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

East Kilbride match

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether or not you consider EK as a challenging enough opponent against which to rate our young debutants, surely we would rather they performed well than not so well, which was the purpose of the exercise. My main hope though is that the four 0-0 draws will illustrate the no-brainer to management that our defence is okay but we need potency up front, perhaps a winger, a no. 10 and that rare commodity at Cappielow, a goal-scoring striker!

I understand that goal scoring strikers at our level maybe come once every 5-10 years if we are lucky but 4 0-0s just shows how pathetic are attacking force is. 

As much as it was a bomb scare at times our defence was actually fairly solid last season (aided by a keeper having a good season). But resigning the likes of Muirhead on the back of 1 good performance - he was guff in the first leg let's be real - shows our management team know nothing about setting us up to score goals. This was also proved last season, beating Alloa or Arbroath at the tail end of the season would've kept us up, but the strike force we had weren't good enough and we've went and resigned a few of them. 

I think we are in for anither very grim season if we don't get those additional bodies correct. 

10 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

I understand that goal scoring strikers at our level maybe come once every 5-10 years if we are lucky but 4 0-0s just shows how pathetic are attacking force is. 

As much as it was a bomb scare at times our defence was actually fairly solid last season (aided by a keeper having a good season). But resigning the likes of Muirhead on the back of 1 good performance - he was guff in the first leg let's be real - shows our management team know nothing about setting us up to score goals. This was also proved last season, beating Alloa or Arbroath at the tail end of the season would've kept us up, but the strike force we had weren't good enough and we've went and resigned a few of them. 

I think we are in for anither very grim season if we don't get those additional bodies correct. 

Pretty much agree with this just one minor point it was 3 no scoring draws (Dumabarton, Alloa and East Kilbride) we did actually manage to score 2 against Cumbernauld Colts. Just hope that Gus can unearth a striker who can find the net on a regular basis rather than like last season with several players scoring maybe 3 or 4 each all season but no player getting anywhere near 12 or even 10 goals.

11 hours ago, pink_panther said:

But we've got Gary Oliver. More to the point when can we get refunds. Or are they going to hope we forget or plead poverty and hope we let them keep it as a donation?

I think I was on the gmfc site that refunds will be made as soon as possible, but with the ground being locked down staff can't get in.

Same goes for Tuesday's lottery draw I'd expect.

11 hours ago, pink_panther said:

But we've got Gary Oliver. More to the point when can we get refunds. Or are they going to hope we forget or plead poverty and hope we let them keep it as a donation?

Best to email the club and stop being an arsehole.

Just now, Mr.Blue said:

Copyright Toby

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

26 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

I think I was on the gmfc site that refunds will be made as soon as possible, but with the ground being locked down staff can't get in.

Same goes for Tuesday's lottery draw I'd expect.

Why is the ground 'locked down'? They either did a 'deep clean' as they claimed or they did not. Cappielow itself does not need to be kept in some irrational state of quarantine once this (largely token gesture) is completed. 

Between this and the bizarre, blubbering sense of injustice towards the SPFL for 'making poor wee 16 year olds play football with a day's training' (i.e. - telling GMFC to play its contracted players, as youth players are not actually at risk from running around), the club seems to have taken all leave of its senses over this. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

4 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Why is the ground 'locked down'? They either did a 'deep clean' as they claimed or they did not. Cappielow itself does not need to be kept in some irrational state of quarantine once this (largely token gesture) is completed. 

Between this and the bizarre, blubbering sense of injustice towards the SPFL for 'making poor wee 16 year olds play football with a day's training' (i.e. - telling GMFC to play its contracted players, as youth players are not actually at risk from running around), the club seems to have taken all leave of its senses over this. 

It may not be now, but would have been, for a while at least, on Tuesday.

55 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Are the relevant authorities aware that COVID isn't like haunting and it's people that catch it, not places? 

Fair fucks to them. Cheeky wee weeks holiday for everyone.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

21 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Fair fucks to them. Cheeky wee weeks holiday for everyone.

It's witchcraft and superstition at this point. The risk of surface transmission even prior to a cleaning is extremely low. After a deep cleaning the risk is essentially nil. The primary method of transmission - the overwhelmingly common, the one that virtually everyone has contracted it by - is the inhalation of respiratory droplets from someone infected.

Easy for me to say but if they tried to padlock my workplace over this I'd bring my wirecutters and tell them to fuck off.

EOho8Pw.png

15 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

It's witchcraft and superstition at this point. The risk of surface transmission even prior to a cleaning is extremely low. After a deep cleaning the risk is essentially nil. The primary method of transmission - the overwhelmingly common, the one that virtually everyone has contracted it by - is the inhalation of respiratory droplets from someone infected.

Easy for me to say but if they tried to padlock my workplace over this I'd bring my wirecutters and tell them to fuck off.

What a fucking nerd.

Offered time off work, likely paid, and you'd be breaking back in to work?

1 minute ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

What a fucking nerd.

Offered time off work, likely paid, and you'd be breaking back in to work?

There are businesses where if you don't get revenue, you're either digging into reserves to make those payments, or you don't have such reserves and thus there's no money for payment.

A lot of people seem to think that this current orgy of money-printing is going to continue forever. It's not. Ultimately the bill is going to come due, and needless roadblocks to revenue generation are going to leave a lot of people in a very difficult position.

EOho8Pw.png

6 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

It may not be now, but would have been, for a while at least, on Tuesday.

Why should it have been off-limits on Tuesday? Alcohol-based sanitisers take literally seconds to disinfect surfaces, other cleaning products also do not take 24+ hours to take effect. Were they putting Cappielow under a lead dome and irradiating the place like Chernobyl? 

There were no credible public health grounds to cordon off the stadium from backroom staff/players/customers by Tuesday, assuming that GMFC was telling the truth (which I think we should) about its cleaning response to an outbreak. No other setting of an outbreak such as a restaurant or a school are subject to days of closure to carry out deep cleaning. Which is one of the reasons why the SPFL saw right through the club's 'can't be arsed, just gies the week off' excuse and forced them to play the match.

The pleb customers on the other hand have been far more easily fobbed off. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

NB: The above isn't a criticism of those either in the playing squad or backroom staff at GMFC, who may have came down with the virus and shouldn't be working in any capacity until they make a full recovery.

The club's collective attitude on the other hand over the past seven days has been a mixture of bizarre silences and enormous self-pity.The last week's official communications smack of the board as well as McPherson feeling sorry for themselves, rather than grasping the more relevant point that this unfortunate setback means they are falling even further behind in the attempted turnaround plan than before. It's time to step up to the plate. 

And if that's a harsh or entirely inaccurate interpretation of what's happening behind the scenes then it's only the outcome of the club's completely shambolic communication over the past week. We shouldn't need to act like Kremlinologists to interpret what the fuck is actually going on at a soon to be fan-owned club, that can't even get its story straight to the local newspaper. 

It has also pointlessly hamstrung itself by taking 'precautionary' measures that have no basis in reason or even current public health guidance. After all, it is GMFC who have now said that the ground isn't safe on public health grounds, so if there is ever another case of Covid again this season then the club is bound by its own logic to forfeit having crowds at an upcoming home match.

37 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

It has also pointlessly hamstrung itself by taking 'precautionary' measures that have no basis in reason or even current public health guidance. After all, it is GMFC who have now said that the ground isn't safe on public health grounds, so if there is ever another case of Covid again this season then the club is bound by its own logic to forfeit having crowds at an upcoming home match.

Given their attitude to fans so far, that's probably a feature, not a bug.

EOho8Pw.png

13 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Best to email the club and stop being an arsehole.

Duh. Why didnt I think of that. Probably just post a letter to ask. It'll be quicker. They might have to disinfect it and open it under laboratory conditions to read it though

Archived