East Kilbride match - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

East Kilbride match

2 minutes ago, Boogs49 said:

Jamie Stevenson who is 37 today

Really? 

I've no idea who anyone is out there. Our left wing has had nothing out of him. Every cross blocked or possession lost at the vital moment.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players look tired in attack now and there's no options to bring on. Not exactly an exhilarating attacking performance but can't help but feel I'd we'd had options from the bench we'd have caused them more problems this half. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Another glorious 0-0 result. Young boys can be proud of their performances. Defence still looks solid and attack still looks an issue. 

Only exciting thing about this season might be if we have talented 16/17 year olds in and around first team squads throughout the season. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

3 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Another glorious 0-0 result. Young boys can be proud of their performances. Defence still looks solid and attack still looks an issue. 

Only exciting thing about this season might be if we have talented 16/17 year olds in and around first team squads throughout the season. 

This is quite possibly the worst take in the history of this forum. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

So all the young ones done well and all the dross from last season were dross? Is that what we're taking from this. We're really missing Gary Oliver up front

2 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

I thought Rashfords was worse

Ugwu needs to bin the start/stop run up.

Anyway - bonus point but we look devoid of ideas up front.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

3 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Certainly up there with us getting relegated being the best outcome for us last season. 

32.gif

8 minutes ago, port-ton said:

We're playing East Kilbride. This isn't the weekly standard of opposition. All due credit to the youngsters and I do hope they all make the grade but let's not be unreasonable about this.

EOho8Pw.png

16 minutes ago, port-ton said:

75 mins in and Mcgregor is still bombing up and down the wing and spraying passes like Pirlo. No reason he shouldn't be in and around the squad this season. 

Not to downplay the personal achievement for those teenagers of holding their own after being thrown in against experienced players in these circumstances but remember we were playing a Lowland League team, for all that it's one with a lot of ex-SPFL players.

We can't read all that much into that, but it still gives us a chance of winning the group if we pull off the minor task of winning at Rugby Park.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Disagree. East Kilbride will have the budget of some league 1 sides and a decent amount of their players could get a game at that level too. 

Not suggesting our young players are world beaters but for debuts against experienced opposition they were the ones who were trying to make things happen.  There's absolutely no reason that some of those guys shouldn't be in and around the first team squad this season and getting minutes. 

32.gif

7 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Disagree. East Kilbride will have the budget of some league 1 sides and a decent amount of their players could get a game at that level too. 

Not suggesting our young players are world beaters but for debuts against experienced opposition they were the ones who were trying to make things happen.  There's absolutely no reason that some of those guys shouldn't be in and around the first team squad this season and getting minutes. 

Fair enough.

EOho8Pw.png

3 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Just as Robbie Muirhead scoring goals against Brora in the Scottish Cup didn't mean he would score goals in the Championship, a 17 year old having a good game up against a Clyde reject like Gregg Wylde doesn't mean he's ready to play against solid Championship full backs.

Again, that's not to diminish any of those players for stepping up to the task and good on them for playing well, but suggesting that we should be treating them as credible first team players to feature regularly against Championship sides on the basis of tonight is an absolutely wild leap.

I'm all for "if you're good enough, you're old enough" but that one game is not enough to decide they're good enough to launch in against teams like Kilmarnock or Raith. Doing that and finding they're miles out of their depth would do more harm than good for their development, give them time to play their way up to this level.

If someone like McGregor gets game time again off the bench against Clyde or v Annan in the Challenge Cup and consistently stands out as being as good or better than first team regulars then you can start saying he should feature more and see how he does with sub appearances here and there, but it'll take more than tonight to suggest he's ready for Championship football and that a loan move to a level like the Lowland League or League Two wouldn't be a better platform.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

The boy Stafford was solid at the back, didn’t look out of place at all. Garrity at times reminded me of Oliver maybe due to the jumpy stream but he played well, and has confidence. 

Overall a brutal watch all in all though, hopeful when the rest of the boys are back we will see a big improvement but quality signings are still needed.

The youth players shouldn't look out of place against Lowland League opposition. It is at that level (and the seaside leagues above it) where they should be sent out on loan to learn the professional game on a weekly basis. That's what Strapp did and it is by far the best way to work out those who are capable of performing. 

Chucking them into a Championship squad this season because our club is an omnishambles is a recipe for disaster both for the club and the players themselves. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived