SPFL Trust Challenge Cup - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

SPFL Trust Challenge Cup

Toby

Looks like little Ayr might be kicked out for fielding 2 ineligible players, with Rangers B (🤮) reinstated in their place.

Said players are on loan at Irvine Meadow and Girvan.

In completely unrelated rules, the B teams are allowed to field players that are on loan at league clubs, even if the B team is playing against the team the player is loaned to.

🤪

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do you start? Kicking them out is quite right no matter the opponents. B teams shouldn't be near the tournament, never mind getting privileged treatment on recalling loan players. These sides downgrade the tournament just by participating. A national competition that needs reserve teams for 'interest'. Bottom line though is if you are on loan you should stay on loan until permanently recalled other than for medical or HR/contractual issues.

It pains me to say this, I think that the rest of the teams who are opposed to the colts should stand in solidarity with Ayr on this one, if for no other reason to highlight the double standards in their participation as highlighted above.  If every team threw an ineligible player on, then they would have to issue the same punishment to everyone, thus effectively banning all participants in the competition and making a mockery of the tournament as a legitimate protest against the colts.  It would draw attention to the preposterous situation to the rest of world football, or force the SPFL's hand and accepting that nobody outwith the top handful of clubs want these colt teams involved in the tournament.

It would also be an opportunity for Morton to name a superfan on the bench, Chris Buchanan, and throw him on to fulfil his dream of becoming a Morton player for the night and cement the boy's name in club history.

Discuss.

*insert signature here*

4 hours ago, capitanus said:

stand in solidarity with Ayr on this one.

image.png

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Hoppy would be too busy with his business empire, and I think some of the big words might be too much for "Dave Timmins", but it's surprising there's nobody at Ayr who can read the competition regulations. Fuck 'em.

EOho8Pw.png

5 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Hoppy would be too busy with his business empire, and I think some of the big words might be too much for "Dave Timmins", but it's surprising there's nobody at Ayr who can read the competition regulations. Fuck 'em.

He looks like the guy from Rita, Sue & Bob Too. 

*insert signature here*

58 minutes ago, capitanus said:

As much as you're not that keen on them, they are a proper football club in their own right, and not one of these 'Colts' abominations.  

Not too sure about this - they were a franchise outfit, merged out of two proud senior clubs in their own right. But this backfired spectacularly as now the town of Ayr can hardly support one team, let alone two. Many such cases!

EOho8Pw.png

18 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Not too sure about this - they were a franchise outfit, merged out of two proud senior clubs in their own right. But this backfired spectacularly as now the town of Ayr can hardly support one team, let alone two. Many such cases!

I beg to differ, The town of Ayr can support one team - Rangers.

Passionately. 

Just like the rest of Ayrshire. 

HTH.  :)

*insert signature here*

Ayr Utd kicked out. 3-0 win awarded to Therangers B.

Zero sympathy for Ayr.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

On 9/18/2021 at 8:58 PM, capitanus said:

I beg to differ, The town of Ayr can support one team - Rangers.

Passionately. 

Just like the rest of Ayrshire. 

HTH.  :)

See what I mean:

On 9/20/2021 at 6:28 PM, AyrshireTon said:

Ayr Utd kicked out. 3-0 win awarded to Therangers B.

Zero sympathy for Ayr.

Its an Ayrshire thing, they all love the Harry Dunn's.  Even at the expense of their own kind.

*insert signature here*

On 9/21/2021 at 11:40 PM, capitanus said:

See what I mean:

Its an Ayrshire thing, they all love the Harry Dunn's.  Even at the expense of their own kind.

Even if you're fishing, you can ram that shit with walnuts.

I only live here because of my job. Had events played out differently, I'd still be in Greenock.

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

4 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Even if you're fishing, you can ram that shit with walnuts.

I only live here because of my job. Had events played out differently, I'd still be in Greenock.

Nope, youre one of them now. 

I'll bet you even have 'Simply the Best' as your ringtone and drink McEwan's Lager by the gallon too in a Ludge.  Ayrshire has claimed you as its own.  

Gutted for you.  Your big team died an the Ton survived.

Next.

*insert signature here*

11 hours ago, TRVMP said:

They brought McEwan's Lager back a few years ago but I think it's gone again.

Another one of those, same time tomorrow.

It will still be sold in Ayrshire.  It will be the same stock from a few years ago.

Another one of those, same time tomorrow. :)

*insert signature here*

On 9/17/2021 at 12:33 PM, Toby said:

Would be nice to hear the plans for the scheduling of the Montrose tie. Their game against Stirling in the last round kicked off at 1.30 to prevent a clash with the Scotland v Moldova game at 7.45 that evening, so I suspect the tie against us will also be moved, especially with Scotland v Israel kicking off at 5pm.

Friday night? Sunday afternoon?

£15 adult, £8 concession and £1 for under 12s. 

https://www.montrosefc.co.uk/ticketing/12-commercial/1848-match-tickets-shop

• 2 months later...

Hamilton doubling down on their recent efforts by losing two goals after taking a late 2-1 lead against Killie.

Archived