Strips - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Strips

Jamie_M

3 hours ago, capitanus said:

This Ugwu character, just looking at his CV doesn't inspire me with confidence.  Last roll of the dice for his playing career by the looks of things.

He had a reasonable time of it with the team that finished third in the division. Given our resources and the renewals elsewhere I'd call this a qualified success of a signing.

4 hours ago, GiGi said:

I was just reading the official site and seen this. Second half of August?!

I get that small companies will have supply issues but ffs. I'll have forgotten about them by then.

It is a long time, no two ways about it. But the club has chosen to make the best of it by hyping it up and getting the preorders in. This is the correct approach.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, capitanus said:

Am I missing something?

When did the Bus Wankers become our kit sponsors?

I'd sooner shit on my hand and then clap than wear something with their name on the front of it.

Out of interest, Cap, why do you hate them so much? You're very consistent on it, in fairness. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

That 3rd kit looks a bit like a Raith Rovers top from many, many years ago, probably back in the 60s.  Looks great.  The home top looks good too, assuming they get the fit right - that photo suggests they only had an XXXL available, or Ledger's had long covid and shed a lot of weight.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Smiths have the launch date as 28th August, but of a shame but as mentioned I guess that comes with the process of dealing with a small company 

edit to add - looks like 14th for the first kit and 28th for the third

Also good to see that the home top will be played with white shorts - best outcome and think that’ll look really smart (the 3rd will have yellow shorts).

And good to see wee touches like the “limited edition presentation box”.

0EDFC923-3F86-467C-8244-EA0A8E40B8A7.jpeg

1 hour ago, Renfrew said:

Smiths have the launch date as 28th August, but of a shame but as mentioned I guess that comes with the process of dealing with a small company 

edit to add - looks like 14th for the first kit and 28th for the third

Mentioning covid as a delay shouldn't really be an excuse though given that it's not a new thing. Nearly September for strips isn't great but hopefully at least the first team have them by then. 

That said, taking pre orders will make up for it a bit. 

The pictures on Smiths makes both strips look better, especially th 3rd kit with yellow shorts and socks.

The home top should look more like that picture than the real thing, the fit and the colour look better. Maybe the tops on the  players are more promo stuff and there are higher quality shirts coming. Better hope so.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

The pictures on Smiths makes both strips look better, especially th 3rd kit with yellow shorts and socks.

The home top should look more like that picture than the real thing, the fit and the colour look better. Maybe the tops on the  players are more promo stuff and there are higher quality shirts coming. Better hope so.

That's been an issue with the past few launches, the use of those graphics for the launch and on Smiths website then the actual strip being poorer quality.

8 hours ago, pink_panther said:

This post has been removed. Please refrain from making accusations of a criminal nature.

Thanks,

Dean. 

Do you ever take a day off from being a complete arsehole?

2 hours ago, Toby said:

Do you ever take a day off from being a complete arsehole?

😂😂😂

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

On 6/29/2021 at 2:40 AM, Hej said:

I still think that whatever we put out, the lack of a manufacturer will always make them look shite. 

I still don't get how diddy teams like Airdrie and Stenhousemuir can get bespoke kits from big name manufacturers and we get in house tat. 

They are probably just picking a stock Nike/Adidas item from a catalogue and won't have much actual choice on the design. It's particularly obvious in the EFL for teams that wear Puma, they are all wearing the same shirt but in different colours.

White Label aren't for everyone but at least we get to create bespoke kits - even if we had Joma (or Macron) we'd probably only get to bespoke design the home kit, with the away and third being differently coloured versions of Swansea's away kit from the season before.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Archived