Strips - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Strips

Jamie_M

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think that whatever we put out, the lack of a manufacturer will always make them look shite. 

I still don't get how diddy teams like Airdrie and Stenhousemuir can get bespoke kits from big name manufacturers and we get in house tat. 

Fuck the big brands, you can buy literally any other item of sportswear if you desperately need to suckle at the teat of megacorps like Nike and Adidas. We're a local club for local people. It may well put me in the minority but in-house is a point in favor.

EOho8Pw.png

Love the simplicity of the home one but could save about £20 off the price with all the extra material they've used. If it was the same fit as the third kit it would be absolutely class. 

Definitely like the third kit and will grow even more on me. Expected something different going by the teaser which affected my initial reaction to it but I'm over it now and think it looks cracking. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Whoever leaked the pics is a grade ‘A’ knob.

Apart from that, those kits are stunning and its sad to see a lot of people being put off purely because it doesn’t fit Ledger.

Plaudits to those who tried to actually strategically build up the launch for a change.

No sub par announcements due to one guy keeping himself off of furlough anymore…

5 minutes ago, champagnebrianmac said:

Whoever leaked the pics is a grade ‘A’ knob.

Apart from that, those kits are stunning and its sad to see a lot of people being put off purely because it doesn’t fit Ledger.

Plaudits to those who tried to actually strategically build up the launch for a change.

No sub par announcements due to one guy keeping himself off of furlough anymore…

Right, but the part in bold is part of a launch, isn't it? Overall I think the club's done a 9 out of 10 here for the kits and the launch but people are allowed to believe their lying eyes. It looks baggy on him and when it's an item of clothing people are going to notice that. I'm still carrying my "lockdown weight" - that's my story and I'm sticking to it - so if anything it's a bonus for me, but it's still noticable.

Nonetheless the third kit is an absolute belter, one of the best in the entire league.

After what I think has been a tough couple of weeks for MCT, overall they've knocked this one out of the park, so full credit where it's due. I'll be getting one of each kit for... actually I've never bought more than one kit in a season, this is the first time ever, so full credit to them for prompting that as well.

EOho8Pw.png

32 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

The anniversary kit is a weird cut, it should taper in more than it does. Maybe it's just the angle of the photo. Design-wise it's fine but it looks too baggy around the middle. (Then again as we hurtle towards middle age, so are many of us.)

The more I look at it the more I love the third kit. That one's a winner.

As said by Renfrew, I think it's just too big for Ledger and that combined with the angle of the first photo of him is making it look a weird fit. You could say they should have factored that in of course for the launch, as well as getting them on the proper shorts rather than their training gear. No sponsor is a nice touch though and the commemoration of the centenary of the Scottish Cup and a gold badge are lovely.

I think they're both great: if the fit on the home kit turns out okay that's looks better than any of the last 20 years IMO.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I've not bought a kit in about 15 years. Was always planning on this year with community ownership but I'll probably buy both now as even though I have some doubts about the home kit fit, the commerative element of the 100 year anniversaryr, retro style and the first home strip of the new era more than makes up for it. 

Away kit can get right in my basket. Well done to the club. Hopefully they can continue on a good footing with the momentum from this launch. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

The tops always look better in person tbf once the production run has been done. Suspect these will be some sort of final prototype for the club to launch.

3rd top is horny. I really hope the home one is a grower.

Would have been nice to see the shorts. Got to be white shorts.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Home top is growing on me a bit as the idea is spot on but it needs tidied up a bit. It's got that polo shirt look about it, but a snider Sports Direct one rather than a Fred Perry.

Third kit is pretty tidy although I'm not keen on the sponsor but what can you do.

Will probably buy one for the novelty factor.

I like both kits but I'd like to see them 'in the flesh' before I preorder.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

Fuck the big brands, you can buy literally any other item of sportswear if you desperately need to suckle at the teat of megacorps like Nike and Adidas. We're a local club for local people. It may well put me in the minority but in-house is a point in favor.

It's not about brand for me but rather quality. Literally wearing various fitba tops every day right now working from home and the only ones I don't reach for are the most recent Morton tops I have and their itchy collars.

Granted, I haven't touched the last home and 3rd kits in the flesh but unless there has been a massive quality shift its a hundred notes I won't part with.

2 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

It's not about brand for me but rather quality. Literally wearing various fitba tops every day right now working from home and the only ones I don't reach for are the most recent Morton tops I have and their itchy collars.

Granted, I haven't touched the last home and 3rd kits in the flesh but unless there has been a massive quality shift its a hundred notes I won't part with.

Wearing hairshirts builds character. Get them bought.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived