Just One Cornetto Mini Series - The Rae Family's Legacy - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Just One Cornetto Mini Series - The Rae Family's Legacy

Admin

The JOC team will be releasing a four part mini series - taking a detailed look at the twenty years in which the club was owned by Douglas Rae and subsequently by his son Crawford. 

In Part One, Dean, Stephen and guest Alan Coyle reflect on Douglas Rae buying the club in 2001, the 2002/2003 Third Division win, the collapse and 'betting scandal' of 2003/04 and the subsequent seasons through to winning the Second Division title in 2006/07.

15 hours ago, Admin said:

The JOC team will be releasing a four part mini series - taking a detailed look at the twenty years in which the club was owned by Douglas Rae and subsequently by his son Crawford. 

In Part One, Dean, Stephen and guest Alan Coyle reflect on Douglas Rae buying the club in 2001, the 2002/2003 Third Division win, the collapse and 'betting scandal' of 2003/04 and the subsequent seasons through to winning the Second Division title in 2006/07.

Saw this earlier today and been looking forward to hearing this.  Think it would be an interesting topic, and would be interesting to see the views of others.

ETA: Did anyone else make it all the way to the end?

*insert signature here*

• 2 weeks later...

Dean, Alan and Craig continue our mini series discussing the legacy the Rae family are leaving behind. In Part Two, we discuss life in the First Division from 2007/08 through to being relegated in 2013/14.

That was the most I've enjoyed recording one of these, Alan is a great addition and I had the subject matter to rant so extensively that Dean eventually muted me.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Can't have a Morton retrospective podcast without Dunning after that. Absolutely glorious. He cannot and should not be silenced again! 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Both podcasts are excellent and brought back some great (and some awful) memories!  Looking forward to the third!

It's kind of funny hearing the frustration in the guys' voices when talking about the strange way Dougie ran the club.  On one hand we all know it may not have been here now if it wasn't for him so we all owe him that, but by God the club had the opportunity to be in a much stronger position all round had he just not been such an egotist and control freak!

here today, gone to hell

Dean, Alan and Craig continue our mini series discussing the legacy the Rae family are leaving behind. In Part Three, we discuss winning League One and the subsequent Championship seasons under Jim Duffy.

On 6/25/2021 at 3:49 PM, Admin said:

Dean, Alan and Craig continue our mini series discussing the legacy the Rae family are leaving behind. In Part Two, we discuss life in the First Division from 2007/08 through to being relegated in 2013/14.

Just getting around to listening to episode two, with regards to transfer fees we spent in the region of £25k for Stuart Graecen and around the same for Jamie Stevenson too.

*insert signature here*

I fell asleep last night listening to this on Spotify, and then it played several others.  I had a really weird dream involving Dunning, Dean, Chris Millar and a whole host of Morton jobbers.

*insert signature here*

The Duffy era will be looked upon in years to come as the Rae's swansong, similar to how the Harry Dunn's look upon the Manchester UEFA Cup Final as the crowning glory of the Murray/Smith era.   

*insert signature here*

The fourth and final installment of our mini series discussing the legacy the Rae family are leaving behind at Cappielow. Dean, Alan and Craig discuss the years under Crawford Rae from 2018/19 to the end of the 2020/21 season.

Archived