Euro 2020 - Page 2 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Euro 2020

Simple enough then, win today and we're guaranteed to be through after every result yesterday went in our favour.

If we assume that would be in third place (we can only finish second if the Czechs beat England and there's a three goal swing to us) then we'd be most likely to play Netherlands in Budapest in the last 16. That's in every remaining scenario of us going through in third other than the Group E & F third placed sides both going through as well, which would have us playing the winner of Group E at Hampden.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Poor performance against a decent team with an exceptional player pulling the strings. Too many of Scotland's 'better' players under-performed and with our strike-force we never looked like scoring too many. On a positive there is a core of talent for the future but we really have to find someone up front.

I feel we were somewhat unlucky over the piece. Ryan Jack being ruled out leaving us no ball-winning midfielders; Tierney ruled out the first game forcing us to alter the set-up of the team, then only coming in half-fit (at best) for the next 2 games. Completely blunted our biggest offensive weapon; Gilmour ruled out the crunch game; best CB going off early in the crunch game; a couple of screamers going in against us at crucial times in games(if you're not full yer da about analytics, check the combined xG of all the goals we conceded this tournament. Some laugh). 

Disappointing overall, but we'll be qualifying a lot more regularly for Euros from here on in I feel. 3 years of this team being sculpted round Gilmour is something to look forward to.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Toby said:

That guy falls into the Paul the Tim, EDL Abdul, Manpreet and Gordon Sawyers category.

An absolute wrong ‘un.

Nah, he takes it to a different level altogether:

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/COCAINE+UNITED%3B+EXCLUSIVE+REHAB+CLUB+HAS+GANGLAND+LINKS%3A+This+thug...-a0113506838

*insert signature here*

Archived