Pre-Season - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Pre-Season

Jamie_M

13 minutes ago, BishyTON said:

Assuming fans are allowed in for the Colts game then I will be heading over. Literally a km from my door to Broadwood.

Been to a fair number of Colts games since I moved out here. Normally Friday night games. Will basically be a Morton home game as they have less than 50 home fans at every game. 

You are assuming it's an away game. That game is the 1 of the 4 that Morton forgot to state where it is taking place and whether it's open to fans.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

You are assuming it's an away game. That game is the 1 of the 4 that Morton forgot to state where it is taking place and whether it's open to fans.

And the fixtures page doesn't have them. Nor does it have the league schedule, for that matter, even though they've had a week to load them:

Matches - Greenock Morton FC (gmfc.net)

EOho8Pw.png

3 minutes ago, RealTonKid said:

“Unforeseen circumstances”

That sounds disconcertingly vague

Largs still looking to play a game tonight, putting out a tweet for any team that may be interested so the unforeseen circumstances lies at Morton end.

7 minutes ago, Renfrew said:

Surely this doesn’t only pop up as an issue the day of

Seeing as Morton only got round to actually informing anyone that there would be a game the day before it, quite possibly, yes. 

16 minutes ago, Boogs49 said:

Largs still looking to play a game tonight, putting out a tweet for any team that may be interested so the unforeseen circumstances lies at Morton end.

I would’ve jumped in goal if they were short of bodies. :lol:

Seriously though, it’s a bit of a riddy.

12 minutes ago, RealTonKid said:

I would’ve jumped in goal if they were short of bodies. :lol:

Seriously though, it’s a bit of a riddy.

It's not like we don't have form for it - and we do love the 'unforseen circumstances' line...

Newsflash to the MCT board: the meter on your credibility has been running constantly since last month. Every instance in which the club looks like the same fucking omnishambles under your supervision (if not formal; control) as under the Raes reflects very badly on you.

The first month has not demonstrated progress over the things that you can control, such as effective communication.  

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Game was abandoned as a player was showing covid symptoms and has since returned a positive test. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Why the secrecy yesterday? Why not just say that the game was called off due to covid concerns, not like anyone would have moaned about it.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

Why the secrecy yesterday? Why not just say that the game was called off due to covid concerns, not like anyone would have moaned about it.

There might be data protection things around this or something. Or they didn't want to alarm people without due cause. I can see both sides of it.

EOho8Pw.png

On 6/22/2021 at 5:43 PM, Jamie_M said:

I asked the Colts on Social Media and they have confirmed it is at Broadwood and ticket information will be out in due course.

Mon the Ton

1 hour ago, BishyTON said:

I asked the Colts on Social Media and they have confirmed it is at Broadwood and ticket information will be out in due course.

When you have to ask them instead of asking Morton...

Archived