Season tickets - Page 12 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season tickets

Jamie_M

It was remarkably simple for me in the end. I filled in the direct debit form and my existing season card was updated and worked fine on Saturday. I did literally nothing apart from fill in name, email address and bank details - so good work on the other end to match up the rest (I didn't even use the same email address as my gmfctickets account).

I mean, I still worried all the way until I got in on Saturday that it wasn't going to work - mostly through the lack of confirmation and not having a system which actually let's you see exactly what games you have on the card. But it happened exactly the way it said it would, so maybe I shouldn't have worried so much! We're very much weighed down by our lack of staff and just how bad the ticket system is. 

For others I'd say the assumption should be that this season's games have been loaded onto an existing season card if you've ever had one, and phone the club for a new card if you can't find it. I did get an email in my junk folder a couple of weeks ago when my card was updated (it said 'collect at ticket office' but that's usually code for 'card updated' because a system designed for updating cards doesn't have that option for some reason). 

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season ticket finally arrived today. I notice it says on the back Terracing, &  SS which I assume is for Sinclair St. Do we know yet if we can stand anywhere or are they going to be telling folk where to stand? No way am I wanting to stand in the Sinclair St end in pouring rain. I’m not at all clear about what the new rules are under the latest “level minus 1” status.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

53 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Season ticket finally arrived today. I notice it says on the back Terracing, &  SS which I assume is for Sinclair St. Do we know yet if we can stand anywhere or are they going to be telling folk where to stand? No way am I wanting to stand in the Sinclair St end in pouring rain. I’m not at all clear about what the new rules are under the latest “level minus 1” status.

You could stand anywhere last time (as long as too many people weren't trying to stand too close together). The stewarding was relatively easy going from what I saw. 

There is no reason for any restrictions next time. If they want us to wear masks on the way in or at catering or toilets, I won't complain about something minor like that but there really shouldn't be any restrictions in the ground for watching the match. 

ETA: I think they did fill up parts of the cowshed bits at a time, but there was nothing to stop people moving to find a new spot at any time. They also let people out sections at a time - but that was actually just as quick, and more efficient, as it stopped the usually jam coming down the stairs to the exit. 

Thanks for that. At the moment I couldn’t stand for a couple of hours without ending up in quite a bit of pain so being in the Sinclair St end would be an endurance test (even more so than watching Morton last season). Being able to get a seat in the Cowshed solves that problem.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived