Season tickets - Page 10 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season tickets

Jamie_M

15 minutes ago, port-ton said:

My whole point was that the manual system of contacting the club should be thrown in the bin, not that there should be a staff member sitting by the phone all day Saturday so you're not even arguing the same point you were to start with. 

I also don't seem to have received any confirmation of my season ticket purchase that includes terms and conditions of my purchase so I'm afraid I'll have to just go with what they've implied on their own website. 

There will be fans every week who wake up on match days and are feeling ill, or their child is feeling ill or many more reason and are unable to attend the match who would reasonably expect from the clubs own statements that they would be able to watch the game on a stream, meaning the current system is not fit for purpose. 

Or they have a positive covid test which is why the streaming option is there and the deal was appealing to some who were 50/50 on buying... 

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

Sales pitches don't tend to list every single term and condition, because otherwise they wouldn't be a pitch but rather a fucking contract set out on a Twitter thread. 

The question is whether season ticket holders are being given a reasonable opportunity to access a stream in place of live attendance and the answer - in my view - is 'yes'. By the end of the Friday before a game you have plenty of time to make that choice, and so long as there's going to be a manual control of streaming codes, it is entirely unreasonable to contact the club on matchday because you suddenly decide that you're not going to attend. 

At no point do you have some sort of divine right to get a stream on demand and GMFC is not at your personal beck and call. 

You're talking past the issue. If the system was set up correctly then Morton wouldn't need to do anything elaborate to provide the stream code, and would be able to accommodate what they very clearly promised in the sales copy.

EOho8Pw.png

44 minutes ago, port-ton said:

My whole point was that the manual system of contacting the club should be thrown in the bin, not that there should be a staff member sitting by the phone all day Saturday so you're not even arguing the same point you were to start with. 

There is a manual system though, so that is what you want to happen right now in the event that you just can't be arsed on any given Saturday morning.

You have no right to expect or demand this with your ST purchase. 

"There will be fans every week who wake up on match days and are feeling ill, or their child is feeling ill or many more reason and are unable to attend the match who would reasonably expect from the clubs own statements that they would be able to watch the game on a stream, meaning the current system is not fit for purpose."

How did fans cope on match days prior to 2020 when they were ill on a match day or (hahaha) their wean is I'll and they can't attend? Or they get up on Saturday and decide that they don't want to go? Did Morton or indeed any other football club compensate them for this grave injustice? Erm no. That's called 'tough luck'. 

Your expectation that access to a live football match will bend over backwards to suit your schedule without any prior notice needed is unreasonable in my view and certainly does not constitute a 'right' that you are entitled to. Get off your cross.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The other issue is that the disadvantages of this don't outweigh the benefits. Its inconveniencing fans who are likely to be paying into MCT anyway, had season tickets last year and didn't get to games, etc. 

Do they really think that enough of them are going to take the piss and share their codes around to have a significant cost impact? 

Just now, vikingTON said:

There is a manual system though, so that is what you want to happen right now in the event that you just can't be arsed on any given Saturday morning.

You have no right to expect or demand this with your ST purchase. 

"There will be fans every week who wake up on match days and are feeling ill, or their child is feeling ill or many more reason and are unable to attend the match who would reasonably expect from the clubs own statements that they would be able to watch the game on a stream, meaning the current system is not fit for purpose."

How did fans cope on match days prior to 2020 when they were ill on a match day or (hahaha) their wean is I'll and they can't attend? Or they get up on Saturday and decide that they don't want to go? Did Morton or indeed any other football club compensate them for this grave injustice? Erm no. That's called 'tough luck'. 

Your expectation that access to a live football match will bend over backwards to suit your schedule without any prior notice needed is unreasonable in my view and certainly does not constitute a 'right' that you are entitled to. Get off your cross.

Did the club previously bundle a streaming service in with their season ticket and say it was available to those who didn't go to the games? No? Then the comparison falls apart.

The club has overpromised and underdelivered, for about the thousandth time this year. You can say that they were always going to be against the clock and that an integrated system isn't easy to set up - these things are certainly true. But as with the takeover, it's talk first, get the money second, and maybe deliver later.

EOho8Pw.png

49 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Or they have a positive covid test which is why the streaming option is there and the deal was appealing to some who were 50/50 on buying... 

The streaming option was not set up so that people who tested positive could still see the game: that is a by-product only. The reason why we have a streaming option attached to a season ticket purchase is that the club is covering itself in the case of restrictions being imposed again at some stage in the 2021/22 campaign. 

If that weren't a distinct possibility then I very much doubt GMFC or any other club at this level would include a streaming package* as part of a season ticket for UK fans. It has got absolutely nothing to do with your personal availability on any given Saturday afternoon.

* They also almost certainly wouldn't be allowed to by the SPFL, who similarly are not actually running things based on concern about the results of your Covid test.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

14 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Did the club previously bundle a streaming service in with their season ticket and say it was available to those who didn't go to the games? No? Then the comparison falls apart.

The matches will be available to those who don't go to games. They just won't be available to people who get out of their scratcher at half 12, see that it's pishing down outside and fancy calling the backroom staff at Cappielow to give them a code for the stream. Which is actually something worth guarding against - the live product being devalued by hee-haw fans present - to a greater degree than some wee guy giving his streaming code to someone else to use.

There will be a tiny group who may be affected by missing one game through no fault of their own; but this is not a significant concern given the chance that you take with buying a season ticket in the first place.  

6 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

The matches will be available to those who don't go to games. They just won't be available to people who get out of their scratcher at half 12, see that it's pishing outside and fancy calling the backroom staff at Cappielow to give them a code for the stream. Which is actually something worth guarding against - the live product - to a greater degree than some wee guy giving his streaming code to someone else to use.

There will be a tiny group who may be affected by missing one game through no fault of their own; but this is not a significant concern given the chance that you take with buying a season ticket in the first place.  

Once again, it's Morton's fault that this relies on a hugely manual back-end staff process, not the customer's fault.

I don't expect them to build some kind of grand unified platform linking "Interstadia" with their stream provider. That would be pointless, as well as unrealistic. I do expect them to have a basic grasp of the requisite back end flags so that turning them on and off can be faster than it is... since that's what they said they were gonna do, make games available to those who don't go.

You're acting like people are asking Brendan to come round to their house and tee up an old-style projector and bring them some popcorn. It's really not that big an ask to provide an access code to a stream.

EOho8Pw.png

8 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

The streaming option was not set up so that people who tested positive could still see the game: that is a by-product only. The reason why we have a streaming option attached to a season ticket purchase is that the club is covering itself in the case of restrictions being imposed again at some stage in the 2021/22 campaign. 

If that weren't a distinct possibility then I very much doubt GMFC or any other club at this level would include a streaming package* as part of a season ticket for UK fans. It has got absolutely nothing to do with your personal availability on any given Saturday afternoon.

* They also almost certainly wouldn't be allowed to by the SPFL, who similarly are not actually running things based on the results of your Covid test.

Just a lot of word salad I believe the term is?

It doesn't matter what your or my opinion of why things are the way they are or how they'd be in previous or future times. The only thing that matters is what the club are selling this season and what they are delivering, and with the current system those two things do not match. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

16 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Once again, it's Morton's fault that this relies on a hugely manual back-end staff process, not the customer's fault.

I don't expect them to build some kind of grand unified platform linking "Interstadia" with their stream provider. That would be pointless, as well as unrealistic. I do expect them to have a basic grasp of the requisite back end flags so that turning them on and off can be faster than it is... since that's what they said they were gonna do, make games available to those who don't go.

You're acting like people are asking Brendan to come round to their house and tee up an old-style projector and bring them some popcorn. It's really not that big an ask to provide an access code to a stream.

Once again, people are being given ample opportunity to get an access code to a stream. The club has made a serious mess of getting the physical season ticket cards delivered to fans before Saturday; this 'why oh why can't I get an access code on demand whenever I want it is my right as a customer' complaint, on the other hand, is completely unreasonable nonsense. 

By sheer coincidence I was on P and B and found this most recent post from a Ross County fan complaining about their system, so I'm not entirely convinced that this requirement is solely on useless, old Morton:

"County have asked all season ticket holders to email one guy in the club shop before Saturday [emp. mine] for their log-in for the streaming service. The tweet went out an hour ago and he is already moaning on twitter suggesting he is having a busy evening. 

I'm not expecting the technical sophistication  of silicon valley here but SURELY a professional football club in 2021 have a better system than asking one guy to answer 1500-2000 ish emails in 2 days. 

Just rename this the "what tin pot nonsense have ross county done today" thread. Embarrassing from us but par for the course over the past year or two."

In both cases there should be a more efficient way of distributing access codes to fans. In both cases, however, a cut-off on match-day itself is the right thing to have. 

13 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Just a lot of word salad I believe the term is?

It doesn't matter what your or my opinion of why things are the way they are or how they'd be in previous or future times. The only thing that matters is what the club are selling this season and what they are delivering, and with the current system those two things do not match. 

Based on what term of your contract of sale with GMFC exactly? 

If the code lasts for the whole season then they’re obviously not worried about it being abused so why not just issue it with the season tickets instead of all this confusion. I’ve not received my season ticket either. It’s all predictably shambolic so far.

They shouldn't need to manually enable the code/disable the ST every week; it should be super simple that one cannot work if the other has been redeemed.

The wording on the website sells it as clear as day, if you can't make Cappielow you can still tune in, no mention of emailing the day before 

"The club will be committing to running a streaming service for the coming season and as part of your season ticket, if you are unable to attend the game, you will be able to tune in to a stream online."

The only positive i can see is as mentioned, this hassle puts off people who decide the day of to chuck it due to weather etc

9 hours ago, Madton said:

I phoned on Tues to arrange my wee boys season ticket and to swap my season ticket to the stream for Sat. Person who answered of course couldn't deal with and would get someone ( Brendan I'm guessing) to call back. Still waiting for my call back 48 hours later.

Phoned 3 times today, rang out to VM every time.

Absolute shitshow.

Same here. I phoned on Tuesday to ask where my season ticket is and was told I'd be called back. I'll be phoning again tomorrow to ask how I'll be getting into the ground when I show up on Saturday since I obviously won't have my season card or a call back by then.

I get they're understaffed in the office but this is a massive issue.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

If my season ticket was posted out on Monday, it’s taking a hoor of a time to arrive. Were they posted first class? I suspect I know the answer to that.

Email requesting code sent. I expect I’ll get a reply on Monday. Hope there’s an unofficial stream out there somewhere…

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

9 hours ago, GiGi said:

Same here. I phoned on Tuesday to ask where my season ticket is and was told I'd be called back. I'll be phoning again tomorrow to ask how I'll be getting into the ground when I show up on Saturday since I obviously won't have my season card or a call back by then.

I get they're understaffed in the office but this is a massive issue.

I eventually emailed following the update yesterday and Brendan did come back to me quite quickly.

Any idea if you had to buy tickets as a group again this week? Mate wasn't sure if he was being offered overtime Saturday but can go to the game now. Last week the boy checking the tickets didn't give a toss who you were with. 

Archived