Season tickets - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season tickets

Jamie_M

17 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Just a card flung in an envelope when you do get it, nothing else.

Way to make it seem special, not like people have dropped a few hundred quid on it or anything.

Not sure many clubs would just chuck a card in an envelope, no thank you for your purchase/support letter, no fixture list, noyhing - not to mention a missed opportunity to try to market other products to your most loyal customers.

Come on, that’s a Hashtag Gary complaint. Being like Hashtag Gary isn’t a good look.

Admittedly it’s pretty lazy and lacking a bit of thought outside the box, but hardly the biggest fuck up at the club in recent times. I’d go as far as to say that the club don’t realise how lucky they are having Brendan, not only because of the good job he does, but also because he’s friendly with so many of us. We probably let them off with more than we should because he’s the public face of Morton. Could you imagine the shit we’d be giving them if TOMB was still punting us tickets?

For all the SLO is keen and active, the club don’t realise that they actually have someone doing that role subconsciously on a day-to-day basis anyway.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Toby said:

Come on, that’s a Hashtag Gary complaint. Being like Hashtag Gary isn’t a good look.

#ashamed.

Yeah, can only imagine how bad things would be without the work Brendan does.

Would just love to see some strategy to support him.

2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Just a card flung in an envelope when you do get it, nothing else.

Way to make it seem special, not like people have dropped a few hundred quid on it or anything.

Not sure many clubs would just chuck a card in an envelope, no thank you for your purchase/support letter, no fixture list, noyhing - not to mention a missed opportunity to try to market other products to your most loyal customers.

You're normally not far off the mark with your criticism, but this is tragic. 

Lets concentrate on getting the basics right before going out their way to get the small novelties sorted. Right now, we couldn't organise a shag in a brothel let alone a token gesture in an envelope. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

5 hours ago, ChampTon said:

I should have bought a season ticket to stand in my regular spot in the ground? Regardless, it's a joke of a set up. 

There is 500 standing capacity between the Cowshed and SS available to the club through the council's gubbins rules. If you wanted to be part of that 500 and get your regular spot at the start of the season, then you absolutely should have bought a season ticket to secure it.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

5 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

There is 500 standing capacity between the Cowshed and SS available to the club through the council's gubbins rules. If you wanted to be part of 'The Elite' and get your regular spot at the start of the season, then you absolutely should have bought a season ticket to secure it.

FTFY

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I always get the impression Morton are understaffed and people like Brendan are pulled here there and everywhere, so it must be absolutely brain damage when people complain about things being a shitshow. Things do appear to be a bit of a shitshow but I dare say certain individuals on the staff are a victim of that just as the supporters are.

It's a bit late now probably, but I'd rather see a better balance between the squad size and club staff. Chop a few players (last season guys like Omar, the wee guy Wallace, whoever else I've forgotten), and get some employees in that can get us run like a full-time football club.

There's more long-term benefit in employing a full-time marketing type person than there is having a crap guy on the bench. I know there's people on the board, or on fringes of the board, with that sort of background, but there's only so much these people can do when working their own full time gigs.

Get some employees in and get some accountability in place.

I phoned on Tues to arrange my wee boys season ticket and to swap my season ticket to the stream for Sat. Person who answered of course couldn't deal with and would get someone ( Brendan I'm guessing) to call back. Still waiting for my call back 48 hours later.

Phoned 3 times today, rang out to VM every time.

Absolute shitshow.

3 minutes ago, Madton said:

I phoned on Tues to arrange my wee boys season ticket and to swap my season ticket to the stream for Sat. Person who answered of course couldn't deal with and would get someone ( Brendan I'm guessing) to call back. Still waiting for my call back 48 hours later.

Phoned 3 times today, rang out to VM every time.

Absolute shitshow.

I can see why they are trying to put in a system to stop people using stream codes and going to games but would imagine it would be single figure times each week this actually happens. Surely it would be better just to issue codes since they can only be used on one device anyway since its more convenient for fans and they can actually manage it. 

That or actually have a proper IT system in place that doesn't allow the stream when the ticket is used at the gate. 

22 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

I'd say this is completely beyond belief that we dont have some sort of modern day system in place for this sort of this, but but it's not. What a fucking mess!

Remember when 'Fake Tan Iron Man' made the decision to invest all available funds into new turnstiles and a Liverpool dosser's ticketing system rather than essential infrastructure and people to do the basics?

They need to get this contact them for a code thing in the bin. Every single season ticket holder has the right to wake up on Saturday and decide they can't make it. There are so many possible reasons that it could happen (not that we need a reason) yet we can't watch the game on stream through our season book unless we meet the teatime on Friday deadline. 

Screenshot_20210729-153157_Twitter.jpg

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Just now, port-ton said:

They need to get this contact them for a code thing in the bin. Every single season ticket holder has the right to wake up on Saturday and decide they can't make it. There are so many possible reasons that it could happen (not that we need a reason) yet we can't watch the game on stream through our season book unless we meet the teatime on Friday deadline. 

Utter bollocks. You could do no such thing before 2020 and get the opportunity to watch the game from a place of your choosing instead. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Just now, vikingTON said:

Utter bollocks. You could do no such thing before 2020 and get the opportunity to watch the game from a place of your choosing instead. 

Please do tell me more about the completely irrelevant pre-streaming era. Perhaps you could regale us with things fans in 1922 weren't entitled to that fans in 2010 were. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

8 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Screenshot_20210729-153157_Twitter.jpg

Aye, exactly. They were sold with the option of the stream if you can't make it. Not that you can have it but you need to decide by the Friday at 5pm.

Another issue is that MCT tweeted to say the process would be everyone would just be issued with codes which clearly isn't the case. 

26 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Please do tell me more about the completely irrelevant pre-streaming era. Perhaps you could regale us with things fans in 1922 weren't entitled to that fans in 2010 were. 

Perhaps you can start us off on that front champ, because at no point at any time have fans ever had the right to say on the say of a game 'I'm not going today but please send me a link to the stream'. 

10 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Perhaps you can start us off on that front champ, because at no point at any time have fans ever had the right to say on the say of a game 'I'm not going today but please send me a link to the stream'. 

"The club will be committing to running a streaming service for the coming season and as part of your season ticket, if you are unable to attend the game, you will be able to tune in to a stream online." 

Nothing in their own sales pitch mentions that you only get a stream if you know 24 hours in advance that you're not going to make the game. 

32.gif

I’m no’ raging about it but I did buy a season ticket thinking it’d be an easy option to tune in last minute online if I couldn’t be arsed going. Probably wouldn’t have bothered otherwise.

I’ll settle for my season ticket turning up right enough.

edit: can’t be bothered going or don’t want to that is. At the moment I’m not sure if I’ll go on Saturday as I get the impression I’ll need to stand on my own. Never did get a response on Twitter about that.

Phoned the club but no answer.  Sent an email so will see what happens.  i would have thought that each season ticket would come with a code number which could either be used to get in or to log on - surely a single use code is possible?  Emailing to get a code seems rather antediluvian.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

13 minutes ago, port-ton said:

"The club will be committing to running a streaming service for the coming season and as part of your season ticket, if you are unable to attend the game, you will be able to tune in to a stream online." 

Nothing in their own sales pitch mentions that you only get a stream if you know 24 hours in advance that you're not going to make the game. 

Sales pitches don't tend to list every single term and condition, because otherwise they wouldn't be a pitch but rather a fucking contract set out on a Twitter thread. 

The question is whether season ticket holders are being given a reasonable opportunity to access a stream in place of live attendance and the answer - in my view - is 'yes'. By the end of the Friday before a game you have plenty of time to make that choice, and so long as there's going to be a manual control of streaming codes, it is entirely unreasonable to contact the club on matchday because you suddenly decide that you're not going to attend. 

At no point do you have some sort of divine right to get a stream on demand and GMFC is not at your personal beck and call. 

8 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Sales pitches don't tend to list every single term and condition, because otherwise they wouldn't be a pitch but rather a fucking contract set out on a Twitter thread. 

The question is whether season ticket holders are being given a reasonable opportunity to access a stream in place of live attendance and the answer - in my view - is 'yes'. By the end of the Friday before a game you have plenty of time to make that choice, and so long as there's going to be a manual control of streaming codes, it is entirely unreasonable to contact the club on matchday because you suddenly decide that you're not going to attend. 

At no point do you have some sort of divine right to get a stream on demand and GMFC is not at your personal beck and call. 

My whole point was that the manual system of contacting the club should be thrown in the bin, not that there should be a staff member sitting by the phone all day Saturday so you're not even arguing the same point you were to start with. 

I also don't seem to have received any confirmation of my season ticket purchase that includes terms and conditions of my purchase so I'm afraid I'll have to just go with what they've implied on their own website. 

There will be fans every week who wake up on match days and are feeling ill, or their child is feeling ill or many more reason and are unable to attend the match who would reasonably expect from the clubs own statements that they would be able to watch the game on a stream, meaning the current system is not fit for purpose. 

32.gif

Archived