Season tickets - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season tickets

Jamie_M

Temperature checks, segregation by surname, council officials with clipboards, over-officious stewards waiting to berate punters for pulling down their mask to take a sip of Capri Sun. If that’s the hoops we have to jump through, then fair enough, but count me out.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aberdeen are being told to crack down on fans celebrating, officials are taking the piss.

Imo masks should be worn when entering through the turnstile and when in the stadium concorse. There is no risk that is being mitigated by wearing a mask whilst in the terrace or seated if distance is being maintained

Anyone purchased for the terracing today? The club had a number to purchase tickets yesterday and have since had it removed from the update(unless I'm being a dafty).

It really is pathetic that the club refuse to respond to genuine fan questions on their own Twitter page. It appears that the MCT page usually steps in but only when it helps MCT. 

33 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

Anyone purchased for the terracing today? The club had a number to purchase tickets yesterday and have since had it removed from the update(unless I'm being a dafty).

It really is pathetic that the club refuse to respond to genuine fan questions on their own Twitter page. It appears that the MCT page usually steps in but only when it helps MCT. 

Did they not say season ticket holders only for that area in the update?

19 hours ago, Scapaflow said:

Personally, I support the wearing of masks. Recovering from covid at the moment wouldn't wish it on anyone. I thought I was being careful with masks and sanitiser but still caught it from strangers

I generally do too but not in the open air where science backs up that transmission is almost non-existent.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

38 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Did they not say season ticket holders only for that area in the update?

17 minutes ago, Chesh said:

I seen the MCT say on twitter that you cannot but tickets for the cowshed or the sinclair Street end.

Only main stand and WDE

What a load of nonsense that is. 

Edit: I am reading on their Twitter that they are "looking at alternative options" for someone who has asked if their nephew can stand with them in Sinclair St as they don't have a season ticket. 

I'd love to know the reasoning behind this disasterous decision making. All of it is pish. 

If you wanted a spot in the Cowshed or SS then you should have bought a season ticket. So long as it's at a limited 1500 capacity then I've no problem with PATG punters being placed in the other parts of the ground, and the WDE is not in any way inferior. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

34 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

If you wanted a spot in the Cowshed or SS then you should have bought a season ticket. So long as it's at a limited 1500 capacity then I've no problem with PATG punters being placed in the other parts of the ground, and the WDE is not in any way inferior. 

I should have bought a season ticket to stand in my regular spot in the ground? Regardless, it's a joke of a set up. 

I've never actually been in the WDE before so I suppose it'll be an experience nevertheless. 

6 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

I should have bought a season ticket to stand in my regular spot in the ground? Regardless, it's a joke of a set up. 

I've never actually been in the WDE before so I suppose it'll be an experience nevertheless. 

To have best chance of entry to your desired area while restrictions are still in place? Absolutely.

Still no sign of my season ticket arriving.  As it happens I can't go on Saturday anyway as I've been lumbered with looking after our puppy for the day so I can forego the extremely unappealing entry/spectating procedures that are in place  and just watch it on a 55" TV with my feet up and a wee refreshment every time Morton score ("Man dies of thirst while watching Morton").

Seriously though, what's the procedure for getting a stream when you have a season ticket, or to be more accurate, don't have a season ticket?  Does it come with a access code or is that too simple for whoever designed the ticketing system?  I envisage the phone at Cappielow being permanently engaged on Saturday

3 minutes ago, Deego said:

Anyone still waiting for their ticket to come through?

Yes.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

32 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

If we had 1500 season ticket holders then you wouldn't be getting in at all. You'll get your regular spot once restrictions are eased. 

Just now, Alibi said:

Still no sign of my season ticket arriving.  As it happens I can't go on Saturday anyway as I've been lumbered with looking after our puppy for the day so I can forego the extremely unappealing entry/spectating procedures that are in place  and just watch it on a 55" TV with my feet up and a wee refreshment every time Morton score ("Man dies of thirst while watching Morton").

Seriously though, what's the procedure for getting a stream when you have a season ticket, or to be more accurate, don't have a season ticket?  Does it come with a access code or is that too simple for whoever designed the ticketing system?  I envisage the phone at Cappielow being permanently engaged on Saturday

Yes.

You need to call cappielow for them to give you a code so that people don't use the card and stream on same day. You'd be as well calling before Saturday. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

1 hour ago, Deego said:

Anyone still waiting for their ticket to come through?

Yes, I called them today after the post was delivered and they told me all tickets had been posted on Monday evening.

However one of friends also called up and was told his hadn't been posted yet so he went a collected his at the ground.

So im not sure what to believe.  If its not here by Friday I will be driving down to the ground to sort it out.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

You need to call cappielow for them to give you a code so that people don't use the card and stream on same day. You'd be as well calling before Saturday. 

Despite MCT saying everyone will be issued with a code. 

It's all a bit messy. What happens if you can't get to a game at the last minute, etc? Bad enough getting a reply at the best of times. 

1 hour ago, Alibi said:

Yes.

yes me called the club told to wait till tomorrow if it don't arrive call them and they will arrange entry .??????? taken my name and mobile number . 

[MADNESS IS ALL IN THE MIND

I called up yesterday to ask where my season ticket was, said not sure need to check with Brendan we'll give you a call back. No call today and no season ticket yet either so I'm guessing mine wasn't posted first class on Monday.

It sounds like I'll be picking my season ticket/substitute paper ticket on Saturday because I'm not going up to the ground before then.

Morton need jobs that people not called Brendan can do. No harm to him either we know he does some job but they need other people who can help with this.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Just a card flung in an envelope when you do get it, nothing else.

Way to make it seem special, not like people have dropped a few hundred quid on it or anything.

Not sure many clubs would just chuck a card in an envelope, no thank you for your purchase/support letter, no fixture list, noyhing - not to mention a missed opportunity to try to market other products to your most loyal customers.

Archived