Season tickets - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season tickets

Jamie_M

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now urgent that Inverclyde Council authorise use of standing room or attendance will be limited to season ticket holders.

As all MCT are basically volunteers need a result on this by Tuesday to allow progress on pay at the gate (cash tickets) or we will fail to maximise income and available cash to entice any decent players.

Email you local councillor now!!!!!!

Do the Council still despise Morton or has that attitude long gone?

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

3 minutes ago, HamCam said:

I never got the impression they despised Morton rather their interest was focused on two teams up the road.

Yep. Probably more concerned with Wednesday night’s game than a request from piddling little Morton.

26 minutes ago, good guy said:

Was ok for the council to have 2.5k people attend an event the organised at battery over the weekend though.

I passed this Saturday morning as they were about to begin, not a single mask in the queue and no distancing in this council organised event 

1 hour ago, TONofmemories said:

Its getting beyond a fucking joke now all of this shite.

Outside is Outside regardless if sat down or not. If you can go to a bar with a mask on, you can go to watch a game of fucking football.

Get this whole idea in the bin

There's a certain type of person who is absolutely cock-a-hoop at all the health theatre and they're not going to let it go without a fight. Some folk were born for this moment, to scream at 12-year-olds to pull their mask over their nose, to threaten someone with a lifetime ban for a handshake.

EOho8Pw.png

I've managed to persuade a few boys who wouldn't usually go to the games to go on Saturday. Watch it be severely limited or behind closed doors and they won't bother again. 

To be honest, the football or the over the top mask policing wouldn't help either. 

Edit: and to boot, get the fucking food stalls open, what a farce that is. Got to enter the ground with a case of capri suns. Beyond a joke that. 

8 hours ago, irnbru said:

There was only 3 or 400 allowed in at a time tbf. 

As Renfrew says though, council were happy for no masks to be required, regardless of amount of people its still double standards.

2 hours ago, good guy said:

As Renfrew says though, council were happy for no masks to be required, regardless of amount of people its still double standards.

Aye, but it wasn't 1000s like people had claimed so isn't like for like. Masks were needed for the indoor bits, they had track and trace, it was seated, there was quite a lot of stewards for the 300 or so and they had one way systems so its not as if it was a free for all. There was also a lot of younger people who'd generally be exempt from gathering restrictions anyway. 

The council should really be doing more though. The approach in Glasgow where they allow a staggered increase after ongoing review shouldn't be a problem. Rangers managed in increase in a couple of days that would be a bigger % then ours as an example while Inverclyde can't decide what they want to do over a longer period. 

Given that Saturday was a test event I really don't see what the issue is with the Council actually taking a few days to review whatever stupid evidence they're taking from it. The protocols need to be wrapped up, but there's no point in having a test event while not actually examining the results first.

The idea that GCC have been doing any sort of credible ongoing review after events, rather than just rolling over to the bigots, is laughable tbh. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1500 tickets. Not that we'll sell that out with no away fans, but its still fucking garbage. 

These protocols and rules are fucking laughable. It's an outdoor event and i'm sure that in itself is allowed 2k people in attendance. There's plenty room to accommodate away fans. Hibs getting 2k for Motherwell in a seated environment. Stick the Fifers in the WDE and let's get a show on the go that remotely resembles a football match. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Anyway. I’ve asked on Twitter but maybe someone here will understand better than me. If you’re going with your mates, do you need to go together as a group to be allocated a standing area? Only mates with a surname close to you in the alphabet though?

What would have been interesting is if we'd qualified from the League Cup group and drawn one of the Bigot Brothers at home, I wonder what the capacity would have been then?

Although, it would have been nice to have a game against them with no away fans.

It always feels like coming home from work to find the antisocial neighbours having a party in your living room when we play that pair.

Archived