Season tickets - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season tickets

Jamie_M

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting to get curious myself. In a typical year a renewed card is just reactivated and will carry on working. With the streaming option I'd like to know if the same applies to Access Codes. I'm expecting an announcement in the coming days about times to turn up for access to different areas on match days. If we're managing numbers in various parts of the ground (Sinclair Street/ Cowshed) how will that be done with a card that's not 'area specific'. Then there's the now annual feeling of 'Did my transaction go through OK?' due to the lack of any confirmation email or contact following paying for the season ticket. (It does show up on my transaction history but anything to do with that website still worries me).

10 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

Good to see season tickets getting sorted. 

Have the club announced prices for the rest of us paying per game? I'm presuming we are sticking with the £18 adult prices? 

Wasn't announced anywhere, but I noticed this the other day when I was looking for something on the website.

https://www.gmfc.net/tickets-membership/

I think £20 is what tickets were the season before last anyway tbh.

1 hour ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Think you have to contact Brendan to have your card temporarily cancelled and your code activated for any game you can't physically make.

🙄

What could go wrong?

🤭

Was that announced anywhere? Last I saw was this:

11 minutes ago, Deego said:

What’s the sketch with going in groups like the game on Saturday? Like season tickets are already bought so are there rules on who you do and don’t mingle with, where you stand etc?

While we're still in Level 0 I imagine they'll have to continue to implement distancing etc. Be interesting to see how away allocations work. If we only have 1,500 again this weekend, you'd imagine we wouldn't offer any tickets to Dunfermline.

The Council are really overdoing it. There's hardly any risk of transmission when you're outdoors in the fresh air and when tracked and traced folk are self-isolating anyway. The club is doing the right thing by adhering to these guidelines but I hope they can talk some sense into the Council and get the restrictions lessened a bit.

EOho8Pw.png

19 minutes ago, irnbru said:

Was that announced anywhere? Last I saw was this:

When I was in paying for mine it was Brendan who told me that.

It's obviously to stop someone being able to use an access code AND their ticket for the same game.

For example, I could go to the game using my ST and give my brother in Canada my code.

I fully understand and agree with the thinking behind that but, given our track record on such things I'm just concerned that if my ticket was temporarily cancelled, would my code actually work or would my ticket work for the next game.

Of course all of that may well have changed since I renewed mine.

1 hour ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

When I was in paying for mine it was Brendan who told me that.

It's obviously to stop someone being able to use an access code AND their ticket for the same game.

For example, I could go to the game using my ST and give my brother in Canada my code.

I fully understand and agree with the thinking behind that but, given our track record on such things I'm just concerned that if my ticket was temporarily cancelled, would my code actually work or would my ticket work for the next game.

Of course all of that may well have changed since I renewed mine.

Aye, I get the point but it's the same as the cancelled game in the tele where one person says one thing and another something else. 

MCT announcements and social media should be kept for just membership stuff too and not used answer questions relating to the club with season tickets, etc. 

2 hours ago, TRVMP said:

The Council are really overdoing it. There's hardly any risk of transmission when you're outdoors in the fresh air and when tracked and traced folk are self-isolating anyway. The club is doing the right thing by adhering to these guidelines but I hope they can talk some sense into the Council and get the restrictions lessened a bit.

I heard a certain member of the 'security' team warning folk that they won't be back ever again if they removed their mask at any point within the ground. 

Not good to see. 

1 hour ago, irnbru said:

MCT announcements and social media should be kept for just membership stuff too and not used answer questions relating to the club with season tickets, etc. 

Aye this shit is getting annoying.

When desperately waiting on updates, updates are sparse but scattered all over the place when they do come.

- Some info comes through the MCT socials, some through the club's.

- Individual replies to fans from either (whichever one they were last logged in as). 

- Wee letters to members, then not bothering to post the updates from the letters properly to the wider fan base (just a post a day or two later saying to the rest of the peasants to go read the members letter). Aren't they interested in the wider fanbase anymore?

- Giving quotes and updates to the Tele, then not bothering to update fans quickly (even saying there is nothing to report) until way after the tele publishes it (then claiming falsehood when they are made to look stupid).

No communication strategy whatsoever.

42 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

I heard a certain member of the 'security' team warning folk that they won't be back ever again if they removed their mask at any point within the ground. 

Not good to see. 

Aye, and the very same mob were sitting on the bus I got towards the Port after the game without observing social distancing or wearing face masks.

I get that they’ve got to do their jobs when working, but after their shifts, and whilst wearing the company they represent’s uniform, and in full view of the very folk they’ve been all over all afternoon, not observing the protocols isn’t a good look.

1 hour ago, ChampTon said:

Not good to see. 

A crack on the head is what you get for not masking

Archived