Season tickets - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season tickets

Jamie_M

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Aye, a tweet that just said they were frustrated with the delays but no mention of what they were, again leaving everyone guessing and speculating.

Communication. Transparency. Weren't these some of their headline pledges?

They have since responded to one fan with this.

Why does everything need to be done at Cappielow? I thought they'd been "modernizing" infrastructure and things like that. Wouldn't some of that allow for remote work?

For things like major expenditures, yes, for security reasons you'd probably want that on-site and countersigned, to avoid a hilarious Hamilton Accies situation, but why would ticket management need staff on-site? They're not actually printing them at Cappielow, are they?

EOho8Pw.png

1 minute ago, TRVMP said:

Oh, good. Is this the Scouse gimp and his traveling Interstadia circus again?

He should have more time now, seeing as St Mirren told them to do one this summer and moved to an actual e-ticket partner.

Trying to sort tickets out for Saturday. Phone the number the club provided as I'm out of town. A guy answers and takes my details and advises I'll receive a call back later today. 

I know it is Morton but that is not the service a club at our level should be providing. 

2 hours ago, ChampTon said:

Trying to sort tickets out for Saturday. Phone the number the club provided as I'm out of town. A guy answers and takes my details and advises I'll receive a call back later today. 

I know it is Morton but that is not the service a club at our level should be providing. 

Relying on one of the club's few employees to manually do things over the phone is a terrible use of the limited resources we have and I'm always mystified at why so many people on here think it's a good thing. This is another byproduct of that - what happens when the phone guy is otherwise engaged? Things like this. 

EOho8Pw.png

Yeah, it's a bit of a mess really. I was down at Cappielow earlier to pick up 6 tickets, and wanted to pay with card, since, you know, it's 2021. Issue was that the card machine at the ticket office appears to be out of order, so the guy selling the tickets had to run back inside to the office to put through the card payment. It's little things like that. Needs to get sorted really.

35 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

Seems Brendan goes down, the whole show goes down. Good reflection on him for sure, and he has done/is doing a fantastic job, but fuck it looks horrendous on the club that we can't get basics like ermmmm, our biggest income source, correct. 

To be clear, I agree 100% with this. It's absolutely not a reflection on him personally, rather just on the role to which he's been assigned.

EOho8Pw.png

2 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Yeah, it's a bit of a mess really. I was down at Cappielow earlier to pick up 6 tickets, and wanted to pay with card, since, you know, it's 2021. Issue was that the card machine at the ticket office appears to be out of order, so the guy selling the tickets had to run back inside to the office to put through the card payment. It's little things like that. Needs to get sorted really.

Are these Saturday tickets like the post above? If it's the former then the rational, time-saving solution for everyone would be to replace that Interstadia goon and have the tickets available to buy online with a real ticketing agency instead. The club is paying for that in spades by getting inefficient use of time at the office and piss-poor customer service at the same time. 

The card machine would still need sorted for season tickets but this must be happening dozens of times per day because the online alternative is so fucking useless. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

21 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Are these Saturday tickets like the post above? If it's the former then the rational, time-saving solution for everyone would be to replace that Interstadia goon and have the tickets available to buy online with a real ticketing agency instead. The club is paying for that in spades by getting inefficient use of time at the office and piss-poor customer service at the same time. 

The card machine would still need sorted for season tickets but this must be happening dozens of times per day because the online alternative is so fucking useless. 

Saturday tickets, yes.

Tickets available to purchase online, with a QR code sent to your email, is the ideal solution really. Ayr had this 2 seasons ago, and I bought my ticket on the walk round from the bowling club and it was there ready for me to waltz straight into the ground, no pissing about.

4 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Relying on one of the club's few employees to manually do things over the phone is a terrible use of the limited resources we have and I'm always mystified at why so many people on here think it's a good thing. This is another byproduct of that - what happens when the phone guy is otherwise engaged? Things like this. 

Yeah it's not really fair on the employees to take the hit on this, it's not their fault. 

I got a phone call back from a different guy, 3 hours after my initial call. Apparently my card had expired too, which was bizarre itself and had to use another card (not an issue for me but for maybe our older fans it could be). 

As others pointed out, this could've been sorted in minutes online. 

Can't wait to see what ticket (season and otherwise) farce lies in store when the League games start.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Well the receipt of purchase that I belatedly received yesterday had the wrong sum listed - Morton took the lower discount rate but listed it as £270 on the receipt; the wrong payment method; and also seems to have bunged me in the Sinclair Street end, which can get in the bin as well. 

I'd like to think that the record of payments is clear on the club's end at least, but there can be no confidence in that being the case. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

6 hours ago, vikingTON said:

Well the receipt of purchase that I belatedly received yesterday had the wrong sum listed - Morton took the lower discount rate but listed it as £270 on the receipt; the wrong payment method; and also seems to have bunged me in the Sinclair Street end, which can get in the bin as well. 

I'd like to think that the record of payments is clear on the club's end at least, but there can be no confidence in that being the case. 

Just had a similar automated mail in my spam. Collection at Cappielow Monday-Friday 9-5....

After the GoCardless glitch thing I haven’t had a single update on my season ticket. I believe they’ve only just got round to dealing with them due to the Cappielow closure last week, but if I hadn’t opened a conversation they were having with someone else on Twitter, I’d have absolutely no way of knowing that.

This notion that everyone can collect their season ticket from Cappielow is a bit antiquated. There’s a reason Amazon don’t use that business model.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Archived