Season tickets - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season tickets

Jamie_M

2 minutes ago, HamCam said:

If MCT has chosen to continue with Interstadia it should not need to be fixed soon, it should have been ready to go. The dogs breakfast that is the Interstadia site is not a new issue it has been a known issue since we signed up to it. 

This is one area where I have a lot of sympathy with MCT. Before they had the keys to the club they wouldn't be in a position to make demands of a third-party vendor. I'm sure this came up - it must have done - but it feels like something they can't really get to grips with until they're fully in control of the relationship between Morton and third parties.

I'd like to know precisely how much the outgoing Board sanctioned in payments to these Interstadia cowboys over the years. I recall Hawke saying that we weren't paying full price, given the disaster that was the rollout, but nonetheless we can't have been getting this for free, can we?

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lunch break thing is a nonsense. Your season tickets have just been released, if you market the things properly, you can expect a rush on the first day. Get extra bodies in and stagger break times so that the folk who are happy to give you the thick end of £300 are catered for.

This sort of carry on just goes to show how lacking in customer focus the club is. Work things round the paying punter, it’s not rocket science.

It smacks of slapping an iron on badge on a blue and white £9.99 Nike top and trying to fleece the fans for £40, or telling folk you only have Sinclair Street tickets available when there are books of Cowshed ones in another office because you’re too lazy to go and get them. And what makes it worse is that the fans see this as okay.

For all some things are changing, you can guarantee that others will stay the same.

1 hour ago, Toby said:

The lunch break thing is a nonsense. Your season tickets have just been released, if you market the things properly, you can expect a rush on the first day. Get extra bodies in and stagger break times so that the folk who are happy to give you the thick end of £300 are catered for.

This sort of carry on just goes to show how lacking in customer focus the club is. Work things round the paying punter, it’s not rocket science.

It smacks of slapping an iron on badge on a blue and white £9.99 Nike top and trying to fleece the fans for £40, or telling folk you only have Sinclair Street tickets available when there are books of Cowshed ones in another office because you’re too lazy to go and get them. And what makes it worse is that the fans see this as okay.

For all some things are changing, you can guarantee that others will stay the same.

I was trying to be polite but aye, this is the size of it. It's the day the club advertised as launch day. They said that Cappielow was open 9 to 5. Therefore, Cappielow should be open 9 to 5. Workers deserve breaks, absolutely, and they should get them. (I don't personally eat "lunch" - it's a rubbish, made-up meal - but I can use my lunch breaks for all manner of things. For example, today I got my car washed. Fucking sparkling, it is, as well it might be at $14.) But for the first day back for your biggest income driver of the year... maybe pack a fucking sandwich and be there for the advertised hours. 

The guy who posted here about it, he wasted a journey, quite possibly on his own lunch break. How many others didn't post who did similar? How many others had to test the ticket site before the club noticed it wasn't working? 

It's all just a bit Craggy Island, and for the second time in a week I'm drawn to looking at Arbroath, and how much more this part-time club seems to have its act together. They can accurately advertise their opening hours both online and off, and sell you a new kit on the same day. Such luxuries poor wee Morton can only dream of. 

EOho8Pw.png

Morton have been out to lunch for the past twenty years. I know MCT have to piss with the cock that they've got, but there was an instance where they could've redressed the tuck-shop mentality. Surely it isn't asking too much to have the ticket office manned during break times. This is basic stuff.

I can only agree with all the above criticism as none of this stuff is particularly complicated or arduous. It requires thought, planning and commitment to get the detail right and it will make a huge difference to the fans perspective of which direction we're moving in.

I don't think enough thought is being given to the bread and butter stuff and at the moment we appear a bit lacking in leadership and delivery.

It is early days and I fully expect it will take some time to get a grip of some of these issues but we don't have the luxury of a honeymoon period. The battle to change the face of Morton is happening now and MCT need to grasp the opportunity.

• 3 weeks later...

Fair play, a one-day extension makes sense giving the issues some people have faced. A nice, welcoming message on the website. Accurate office hours. Making it clear that the phone's an option. This is called doing the little things right. Good show.

EOho8Pw.png

47 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Fair play, a one-day extension makes sense giving the issues some people have faced. A nice, welcoming message on the website. Accurate office hours. Making it clear that the phone's an option. This is called doing the little things right. Good show.

Brave words TRVMP, I wouldn’t call you a happy clapper for that, but some might!

24 minutes ago, DreamOakTree said:

Brave words TRVMP, I wouldn’t call you a happy clapper for that, but some might!

I have never been anything other than scrupulously fair.

EOho8Pw.png

• 3 weeks later...

Have season tickets been sent out yet? Paid for mine over the phone some time ago but not had anything in the post or even an email acknowledgement.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

5 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Have season tickets been sent out yet? Paid for mine over the phone some time ago but not had anything in the post or even an email acknowledgement.

They’ve put out a tweet in the last twenty minutes or so saying that everyone’s will arrive in time for the Dunfermline game, but coincidentally, I’ve also seen at least two folk asking MCT and the SLO on Twitter about it today.

Apparently it was due to the COVID issues at the club last week, either that or the golf being on the telly.

Typical Morton though, reactive instead of proactive. Some things never change.

2 minutes ago, Toby said:

They’ve put out a tweet in the last twenty minutes or so saying that everyone’s will arrive in time for the Dunfermline game, but coincidentally, I’ve also seen at least two folk asking MCT and the SLO on Twitter about it today.

Apparently it was due to the COVID issues at the club last week, either that or the golf being on the telly.

Aye, just saw the tweet. Now just need to find out if I have to be at Cappielow several hours before kick off to stand somewhere I don’t want to stand.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

28 minutes ago, Toby said:

Aye, a tweet that just said they were frustrated with the delays but no mention of what they were, again leaving everyone guessing and speculating.

Communication. Transparency. Weren't these some of their headline pledges?

They have since responded to one fan with this.

18 minutes ago, Alibi said:

Aye, just saw the tweet. Now just need to find out if I have to be at Cappielow several hours before kick off to stand somewhere I don’t want to stand.

When I replied I’d forgot that you might not have been privy to the tweet after Dossier Dave’s hissy fit a couple of years ago.

It’s not just that though, there’s a game on Saturday that we don’t know ticketing arrangements for, or even if the game is going to be behind closed doors or not.

If only a little birdie could tell us what the script is there, or if the club could put up some links to let us know what’s happening in that regard. Sadly we’ve been over this course a million times already though and there seems to be a bunker mentality when it comes to communicating with the fans.

Perhaps I’m just being an arse hole.

2 minutes ago, Toby said:

When I replied I’d forgot that you might not have been privy to the tweet after Dossier Dave’s hissy fit a couple of years ago.

It’s not just that though, there’s a game on Saturday that we don’t know ticketing arrangements for, or even if the game is going to be behind closed doors or not.

If only a little birdie could tell us what the script is there, or if the club could put up some links to let us know what’s happening in that regard. Sadly we’ve been over this course a million times already though and there seems to be a bunker mentality when it comes to communicating with the fans.

Perhaps I’m just being an arse hole.

Disappointed you missed italics on club.

Archived