Season tickets - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Season tickets

Jamie_M

23 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

ETA 2: The Fife bumpkin solution is one step above brazen panhandling and is beneath the dignity of this once-proud football club. You can of course subscribe at a higher rate than the MCT minimum and I'm sure quite a few do, but looking for extra  donations at the checkout is something else entirely.

Particularly when said Fife bumpkins are already charging £335/£305 (Dunfermline main stand v other stands) and £300 (Raith).

£335 for Championship football. Wild.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

I get why they did it and I am sure a few members might have expected it. It's fair enough they want to do that to reward members. Thinking commercially, I just don't think it's necessary. Just don't think it's the most creative incentive and wonder if they could have incentivised another way.

The MCT member list and season ticket holder list are likely to be largely similar so it's effectively 'here, take a chunk of your subs back', automatically giving up a slice of what would be guaranteed income from a lot of people who whole have bought a season ticket anyway. Its writing a big cheque without necessarily thinking if it was needed or was the best solution when they could incentivise in different ways.

There's a reason a number of clubs, rather than offering a discount as a renewal incentive after the events of the past year are instead offering things like merchandise vouchers (because a % might not use it, some might purchase more than they normally would so encourages additional purchases and for the rest the cost value is lower than the face value).  

The majority will buy their season ticket anyway so it keeps the full income first then lower overall cost of the incentive.

Not sure our current shan arrangement with Smiths would give us the capability to do something like that but that's a conversation for another post.

Then there's clubs like Dunfermline. Rather than  offering their £20 a month members a discount on season tickets, they have a box on the checkout offering the chance to pay MORE with an additional one off donation.

Who complained? Merely suggesting there could have been other alternatives to writing a cheque giving up guaranteed income.

It would have been an easy decision. But might not have been the right one and has set that now as a precedent.

I don't actually think the MCT season ticket discount will do much to encourage additional members to be honest, certainly not enough to cover the cost of the incentive.

Fair play they want to reward members. Could have just got Andy Ritchie to sign thank you cards for everyone, most would have loved that.

I wasnt going to buy a season ticket as I go to maybe 10 home games and 10 away games cause I also go to watch my mate who plays in League 1. However, I'm now going to buy one thanks to the MCT discount and the direct debit. 

I know I'm only one person and thats annecdotal but I imagine there are other MCT members who will also now buy one.

28 minutes ago, so72 said:

I wasnt going to buy a season ticket as I go to maybe 10 home games and 10 away games cause I also go to watch my mate who plays in League 1. However, I'm now going to buy one thanks to the MCT discount and the direct debit. 

I know I'm only one person and thats annecdotal but I imagine there are other MCT members who will also now buy one.

Similar story for me. 

They've now got money in the bank that they wouldn't have otherwise. 

2 hours ago, vikingTON said:

It's not a reduction but rather an increase in overall contribution to the club, from £290 p/a (customer) to £365 p/a (member).

With there being a monthly option again for season tickets, could they not have a way to combine it like that, resulting in 1 DD rather than 2?

13 hours ago, EanieMeany said:

FWIW, I think the season ticket package is a good and appealing one in its own right, but failing to address giving a two/three year deal to an ageing nonce without explanation isn't really on.

13 hours ago, EanieMeany said:

I take it the club is just going to totally ignore the fact that we've signed a sex offender who's already been chased off then? 

Well a lot of Morton supporters don't seem too bothered about his past, which doesn't surprise me in the slightest especially as there is no shortage of closet Celtic and Rangers supporters amongst the Morton support.  Supporters of those clubs have made turning a blind eye into an art form.

*insert signature here*

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Then there's clubs like Dunfermline. Rather than  offering their £20 a month members a discount on season tickets, they have a box on the checkout offering the chance to pay MORE with an additional one off donation.

You seriously think that's a good idea?

44 minutes ago, gmfc_craig said:

So went to Cappielow just after 12 today and all shutters were down and when I go on to gmfctickets.co.uk to buy a season ticket, nothing appears to be able to purchase one

Phoned Cappielow about 11am and got 2 renewals in under 5 mins.

33 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

I think lunch is 12-1

That's pretty standard but nonetheless they should have included that info on the official site announcement. Pretty minor in the grand scheme of things but you'd imagine people taking *their* lunch break as a chance to buy a ticket, so you'd want to let them know the opening hours so they can plan accordingly. 

For gmfctickets maybe you have to be logged in? 

EOho8Pw.png

Also, US Federal tax returns have an optional field where you can donate to the government. Such a field is as welcome there as it would be on a season ticket form. People 'donating' to a limited company want their head checked. MCT membership brings with it (indirect) partial ownership of a football club, among other benefits. They didn't ask for money for nothing - it was always about how to give the fans a voice and a real stake in the club. I'm glad they didn't go down the donation road. It's tinpot as fuck and frankly it's unethical for Dunfermline to be selling an expensive service and asking for free money on top of it. 

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, gmfc_craig said:

So went to Cappielow just after 12 today and all shutters were down and when I go on to gmfctickets.co.uk to buy a season ticket, nothing appears to be able to purchase one

Fair enough about their lunch time but I can't seem to purchase season ticket via gmfctickets.co.uk

8 minutes ago, gmfc_craig said:

Fair enough about their lunch time but I can't seem to purchase season ticket via gmfctickets.co.uk

Going by twitter, they are working on a fix. Unfortunately, the actual fix has been needed for a few years in getting Interstadia out of here.

The Interstadia website seems to have had a lick of paint, but is still a honking mess under the bonnet. I see MCT have had to field questions about the functionality of the website from fans trying to renew their season tickets, with varying degrees of success.

24 minutes ago, gmfc_craig said:

Yeah, I logged in to see if anything appeared and I'm not getting any options:

image.png

Clicking that goes to:

image.png

Hopefully fixed soon.

EOho8Pw.png

17 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Yeah, I logged in to see if anything appeared and I'm not getting any options:

image.png

Clicking that goes to:

image.png

Hopefully fixed soon.

If MCT has chosen to continue with Interstadia it should not need to be fixed soon, it should have been ready to go. The dogs breakfast that is the Interstadia site is not a new issue it has been a known issue since we signed up to it. 

Archived