– Early Bird – £210
– Regular – £220
– MCT Member Price – £190

Child (12-17 Year Olds)
– Early Bird – £90
– Regular – £100

Child (Under 12)
– £0

Glad there's direct debit and an incentive to join MCT. Will definitely be buying one. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Will definitely be getting a season ticket, particularly as there is the option of watching a live stream if you can't get to the games. As an MCT member and of concession age, a season ticket works out at about £10.50 a game.  That's terrific value IMHO.  I know there's another £120 minimum for the MCT subs but I'd be paying that anyway.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Said it in the main MCT thread but credit where it's due, this is a very good package.

Yes, staying with Interstadia is a bit of a let-down but given the timescales they have to work with, and given that the worst of the problems are over, I don't think it's the biggest deal in the world. The pricing of the tickets more than makes up for it.

EOho8Pw.png

Glad they've offered the discount to members n the incentive is there to join. 

Get at least a preview of the the new home top on a marquee signing n take our money how hard can it be. 

In all seriousness it will probably take two or three quality signings to catch the imagination again after blues muirhead n lithgow. It was quality over quantity we were told so let's be signing some soon. 

2 hours ago, TRVMP said:

Said it in the main MCT thread but credit where it's due, this is a very good package.

Yes, staying with Interstadia is a bit of a let-down but given the timescales they have to work with, and given that the worst of the problems are over, I don't think it's the biggest deal in the world. The pricing of the tickets more than makes up for it.

Aye, if they're gonna overhaul the ticketing system they'll need to get it right so maybe one for next season.

They did address it. It was announced on the website, on social media, and in the paper. They might not have addressed it to your satisfaction but they have a quote from the manager saying why he was signed (for his professionalism and experience.)

EOho8Pw.png

22 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Decent enough packages.

Not really sure the MCT discount was necessary to be honest though.

One of the selling points for membership is to get stuff like that - discounts and so on. Makes perfect sense to me.

EOho8Pw.png

8 hours ago, dmcewan16 said:

The cost of a child Season ticket ( 12-15 year old) is very expensive 

It's one-third the adult price and just over a fiver per game. How much more of a reduction is needed exactly? 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Didn't expect an MCT member discount to be something that someone complained about if I'm honest. Seems an easy decision on the clubs part. Reward fans who's money you need to keep the club going and also incentivise new people to sign up who were maybe on the fence or weren't planning on. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

8 hours ago, TRVMP said:

One of the selling points for membership is to get stuff like that - discounts and so on. Makes perfect sense to me.

I get why they did it and I am sure a few members might have expected it. It's fair enough they want to do that to reward members. Thinking commercially, I just don't think it's necessary. Just don't think it's the most creative incentive and wonder if they could have incentivised another way.

The MCT member list and season ticket holder list are likely to be largely similar so it's effectively 'here, take a chunk of your subs back', automatically giving up a slice of what would be guaranteed income from a lot of people who whole have bought a season ticket anyway. Its writing a big cheque without necessarily thinking if it was needed or was the best solution when they could incentivise in different ways.

There's a reason a number of clubs, rather than offering a discount as a renewal incentive after the events of the past year are instead offering things like merchandise vouchers (because a % might not use it, some might purchase more than they normally would so encourages additional purchases and for the rest the cost value is lower than the face value).  

The majority will buy their season ticket anyway so it keeps the full income first then lower overall cost of the incentive.

Not sure our current shan arrangement with Smiths would give us the capability to do something like that but that's a conversation for another post.

Then there's clubs like Dunfermline. Rather than  offering their £20 a month members a discount on season tickets, they have a box on the checkout offering the chance to pay MORE with an additional one off donation.

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Didn't expect an MCT member discount to be something that someone complained about if I'm honest. Seems an easy decision on the clubs part. Reward fans who's money you need to keep the club going and also incentivise new people to sign up who were maybe on the fence or weren't planning on. 

Who complained? Merely suggesting there could have been other alternatives to writing a cheque giving up guaranteed income.

It would have been an easy decision. But might not have been the right one and has set that now as a precedent.

I don't actually think the MCT season ticket discount will do much to encourage additional members to be honest, certainly not enough to cover the cost of the incentive.

Fair play they want to reward members. Could have just got Andy Ritchie to sign thank you cards for everyone, most would have loved that.

You're thinking about it entirely the wrong way round (like a chinless wonder scion of the Raes, incidentally). It's not a reduction but rather an increase in overall contribution to the club, from £290 p/a (customer) to £365 p/a (member). They would not get away with just slapping on a normal season ticket price and getting the begging bowl out for £120 as well on top of that for the MCT scheme. The discount is essential to the premise of the scheme. 

I'm not 100% convinced that the current discount is quite enough to be encourage membership. It's not a huge jump up from a regular season ticket, which is good, but the early bird offer undercuts that. I think that the 'discount' package is relying slightly too much on goodwill but I could be wrong and others will be willing to buy in at that price. 

ETA: The merchandise discount is an idea worth considering, but only as a bundle of incentives alongside a continued discount. The more that you restrict what people can do with the incentives, the less powerful they will be.

ETA 2: The Fife bumpkin solution is one step above brazen panhandling and is beneath the dignity of this once-proud football club. You can of course subscribe at a higher rate than the MCT minimum and I'm sure quite a few do, but looking for extra  donations at the checkout is something else entirely.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived