Premier Sports SPFL Cup 2021-22 - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Premier Sports SPFL Cup 2021-22

Two weeks to stop the spread. 

(This isn't a criticism of those running the club, who did a good job with the Airdrie game and are doing well to get 1,500 people in the ground. If these are the hoops they have to jump through, that's not their fault.)

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

It's a bit galling the clubs having to take all these measures when you saw thousands cramming down Wembley way last night

It's absurd, in that it's literally meaningless. Unless the aim is to have zero cases of any communicable disease ever again, what on earth is the point?

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Sadly it's the world we're living in at the moment and you either want to go or you don't

🤷‍♂️

Unfortunately so. I wasn’t planning to attend the match given the opposition, but was hoping to get along to the Clyde and Dunfermline games later this month, although it now looks like I’ll be waiting until after the 9th of August for some semblance of a “normal” matchday experience.

I should mention that it’s through no fault of the club who are duly complying with local council and SG guidelines.

1 hour ago, pink_panther said:

It's a bit galling the clubs having to take all these measures when you saw thousands cramming down Wembley way last night

I’m half-watching a Wimbledon tennis match on the telly with little social distancing and spectators sitting shoulder-to-shoulder. Incredibly frustrating.

I was at Hampden for one of the Euros games. Once you were in the stadium it was pretty much a free-for-all. Me and my cousin walked down to much better seats and sat with another pal who had tickets. Not one of us entered at our allotted time (6pm).

Sounds like Morton aren't going to be as light-handed but don't hold it against them for playing it safe.

10 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Sadly it's the world we're living in at the moment and you either want to go or you don't

🤷‍♂️

I want to go AND I don't want to be subject to these absurd conditions. It's insanity wanting people to turn up over an hour before kick off and not even have catering.

It's over the top and to be honest it's putting me off going.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

I want to go AND I don't want to be subject to these absurd conditions. It's insanity wanting people to turn up over an hour before kick off and not even have catering.

I agree totally. If I was still in Greenock and I could watch this game online, I'd just do that.

This isn't a criticism of the club at all, who are adhering to the rules they have to, but rather of the whole environment.

I'll be at a game this Saturday, probably next to a bunch of El Salvador fans, and none of us will be masked, because we're outdoors and most of us are vaccinated anyway. And I'll show up whenever I want and leave whenever I want, and if the mood so takes me I'll get a tallboy of domestic beer served at my seat. And here's the thing: nobody's going to die.

EOho8Pw.png

7 hours ago, GiGi said:

I get that and agree that it's OTT. However, as others have said, it's not the club, they also have to abide by rules set down by others.

So I suppose it comes down to how much a person wants to get back, I for one can't wait to get back into the Cowshed to see a game, so I'm prepared to put up with the rules as set down, whether I agree with them or not.

It's up to the individual obviously, but by not going because you don't agree with the rules, a) you're cutting your nose off to spite your face, and b) depriving the players/club of your support.

NB- above not aimed at any one in particular, just my general thoughts and I hope as many people go as possible.

Just collected my tickets.

The club have to obey the rules as set down as they will be monitored by Health and Council officials at Tuesday's game and the Clyde game.

If they can demonstrate that they as a club, and probably more importantly, we as fans can abide by those rules (enter/exit the ground as directed by stewards, stand/ sit in the area/seats as directed etc.) then the clubs application to have the capacity increased is more likely to be considered favourably.

They were never going to sell 1500 tickets for EK or Clyde games, but going into the league itself there is a possibility that there may be more of a capacity  and therefore more tickets available.

Again, whether you agree or not it might be worth taking that into account before refusing to wear a mask or changing seat to sit with your pals.

At the end of the day, we all want to get back watching our team as normally as possible and as quickly as possible.

2 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

I get that and agree that it's OTT. However, as others have said, it's not the club, they also have to abide by rules set down by others.

So I suppose it comes down to how much a person wants to get back, I for one can't wait to get back into the Cowshed to see a game, so I'm prepared to put up with the rules as set down, whether I agree with them or not.

It's up to the individual obviously, but by not going because you don't agree with the rules, a) you're cutting your nose off to spite your face, and b) depriving the players/club of your support.

NB- above not aimed at any one in particular, just my general thoughts and I hope as many people go as possible.

I want to get back as much as anyone so I totally disagree with you. I'm just not for having the day largely neutered and regimented like this. I don't blame the club but I'm also not keen on subjecting myself to this utter, utter nonsense either.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

8 minutes ago, GiGi said:

I want to get back as much as anyone so I totally disagree with you. I'm just not for having the day largely neutered and regimented like this. I don't blame the club but I'm also not keen on subjecting myself to this utter, utter nonsense either.

As I said, it's an individual choice.

How many Council health and safety officers have been monitoring Inverclyde's schools, or care homes, or large-scale employers like Amazon to see how restrictions are being enforced over the past 16 months?

Will they be fitted out in a Matalan suit, Rockport boots and a gubbins Filofax like the last, ill-fated jobsworth to show up at Cappielow on that premise?

I can just about hold my nose and tolerate this pretence in public health precautions now - and 1500 is a significant improvement on what we had before - but it should never be understated that football fans are being treated like second class citizens with this nonsense, and all of it needs binned in the very near future, not to return again in winter. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

How many Council health and safety officers have been monitoring Inverclyde's schools, or care homes, or large-scale employers like Amazon to see how restrictions are being enforced over the past 16 months?

Will they be fitted out in a Matalan suit, Rockport boots and a gubbins Filofax like the last, ill-fated jobsworth to show up at Cappielow on that premise?

I can just about hold my nose and tolerate this pretence in public health precautions now - and 1500 is a significant improvement on what we had before - but it should never be understated that football fans are being treated like second class citizens with this nonsense, and all of it needs binned in the very near future, not to return again in winter. 

Absolutely correct. Or as we phrase it here in the US, it's amazing that Covid stopped at the doors to Walmart but was lurking inside every gym and restaurant and small business.

EOho8Pw.png

I would have gone but since I can't get to Cappielow to pick up a ticket, I won't be going. Bit disappointing, to be honest. There should have been ways around it (e.g. a special delivery option, or being able to load it onto a season card), but it never really feels like out-of-towners are factored into planning. 

Archived