Premier Sports SPFL Cup 2021-22 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Premier Sports SPFL Cup 2021-22

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

League Cup Draw this afternoon, as always we’re in the south section and second seeds.

Top seeds are St. Mirren, Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Hamilton (any one of four)

Second seeds are Dunfermline, Queen of the South, Ayr and ourselves (Cammy draw any of the other three)

And we can draw three of the unseeded teams- Partick Thistle, Airdrie, Falkirk, Clyde, Dumbarton, Queen’s Park, Edinburgh City, Stranraer, Stenhousemuir, Albion Rovers, Annan and East Kilbride.

After last year’s shitey draw, a nice easy one for me, please. Kilmarnock, Albion Rovers, Annan and East Kilbride.

The draw’s at 1pm on the SPFL and FreeSports. Presumably Premier Sports’ main channel is showing some Latvian basketball or some shite like that, so the draw had to be shunted.

Ideally get something easy and unfamiliar but we'll inevitably get Partick, Queen's Park and Dumbarton.

If we do get East Kilbride and end up away I won't be attending as those scabs will never get a penny from me, but nevertheless I hope we would absolutely crush them rather than taking it easy if we get a comfortable lead.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

7 minutes ago, ChampTon said:

Should be aiming to be 1st and seeds for the 2nd Round here. 

FTFY. Kilmarnock are horseshit. 

Stranraer away and on day 1 please. Plenty of vantage points that the Hibs support demonstrated in the recent cup game, in the event of further Shan crowd restrictions.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Incidentally, it’ll only be 3 of the second placed teams that qualify, instead of the usual four as Scotland now has a fifth team in Europe this season.

Yeah, we'd actually have been lumped in the unseeded rabble had it still been only four in Europe.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

On 5/28/2021 at 1:01 PM, dunning1874 said:

Ideally get something easy and unfamiliar but we'll inevitably get Partick, Queen's Park and Dumbarton.

If we do get East Kilbride and end up away I won't be attending as those scabs will never get a penny from me, but nevertheless I hope we would absolutely crush them rather than taking it easy if we get a comfortable lead.

Not too clued up on the politics surrounding junior (and let's not forget it) teams.  Why are EK Thistle scabs?

*insert signature here*

10 minutes ago, capitanus said:

Not too clued up on the politics surrounding junior (and let's not forget it) teams.  Why are EK Thistle scabs?

East Kilbride were amongst the Lowland League clubs who voted in favour of Rangers and Celtic Colts jointing their division next season.

2 minutes ago, Toby said:

East Kilbride were amongst the Lowland League clubs who voted in favour of Rangers and Celtic Colts jointing their division next season.

There are plenty of fans of fiddlers in EK, so it makes commercial sense I suppose.  That's not proper football at that level anyway, that's why I have an aversion to normal clubs like Brechin and Berwick having to languish there for being shite.

*insert signature here*

• 1 month later...

Stranraer Twitter saying it’s home fans only.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Premier Sports Cup Ticketing Information

43 seconds ago

The club can now confirm that ticket prices for the upcoming Premier Sports Cup matches have now been agreed.

Entry to both our home matches against East Kilbride on Tuesday 13th July and Clyde on Saturday 24th July will be priced as follows:

• Adult: £15
  • Concession (Over 65/Under 21/Students): £10
  • 12- to 17-year-olds: £8
  • Under 12s: Free
  • Pay per View on TonTV: £12

We are currently awaiting confirmation from the authorities around how many supporters we will be able to welcome to Cappielow for these upcoming games.  We hope to have confirmation of this soon and tickets will go on sale later this week – we will provide full details of this in due course.

We are also pleased to confirm that we will be offering all last season’s season ticket holders the opportunity to pick up a ticket to the East Kilbride game free of charge.

It was important to the club that we recognised the support of season ticket holders who purchased last season but were unable to attend any of our regular league games in person.  We realise this is only a small token of our appreciation but hope many of you will be able to attend.

Once we have confirmation of the numbers allowed into Cappielow, we will provide a further update on procedures in place for the game, and how supporters can secure their ticket.

For the away games in the group stage, it is our expectation that it will be home fans only at both Stranraer and Kilmarnock but this will be confirmed in due course.

Archived