MacPherson and Millen Stay On - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

MacPherson and Millen Stay On

Jamie_M

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't achieve success by dreaming, you do it by making competent and logical strategic decisions. Every decision that the new board makes has to be scrutinised on that basis from the very beginning, not least given that there is no backer to bail them out if things don't go well. 

Wanting the best for the club and achieving the best are two very different things and I don't envy their task. They will make mistakes and my concern is that the managerial choice will on balance turn out to be one of those.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2 hours ago, vikingTON said:

If MCT wanted to avoid being associated with the outgoing regime then they probably shouldn't have handed its last first team manager a fresh two year deal. 

Okay VT, lets have your choice for manager.

You are obviously not in favour of the recently appointed duo, so who is your choice?

You will I assume back everything up with facts, such as availability, willingness to take the job, knows the budget and most imprtantly will guarantee sucess...God luck with that. 

Rather than focusing on the past and letting everyone know, as you obviously are.......waiting to have a go at the first thing that does not go to plan. Your "hold them accountable" on every point is counter-productive and IMO just undermines the good work and effort others are working towards in order for the club to be successful.

Given were we are in a transition, I think it's time for us all to put a hold on the doom and gloom scenarios. Decisions to judge, should be left until the end of next season. 

Look at St. Johnstone, had a terrible start to last season, held their nerve and had their best ever.....Decisions should be made at the end of next next season and based on the overall performance of the managemnt and players. Obviously we should expect changes throughout the season, but hopefully not an overhaul or reboot. Resist knee jerk reactions at all costs.

Likewise, the MCT board will need to look inwards to themeselves and see who worked out and who didn't. I would assume some form of board elective system will be put in place and in the future, anyone could rightly ask for a seat on the board, which would require a member vote should it happen. 

4 hours ago, pink_panther said:

To think Meadowbank fucking Thistle and Gretna have been in Europe awhile we have stagnated. we cant even get over the fucking border in the irn bru cup. 

If we did would you want a vote on how we were to travel over said border?

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

9 hours ago, WhowouldbeaMortonfan said:

You are obviously not in favour of the recently appointed duo, so who is your choice?

You will I assume back everything up with facts, such as availability, willingness to take the job, knows the budget and most imprtantly will guarantee sucess...God luck with that. 

Rather than focusing on the past and letting everyone know, as you obviously are.......waiting to have a go at the first thing that does not go to plan. Your "hold them accountable" on every point is counter-productive and IMO just undermines the good work and effort others are working towards in order for the club to be successful.

Given were we are in a transition, I think it's time for us all to put a hold on the doom and gloom scenarios. Decisions to judge, should be left until the end of next season. 

Look at St. Johnstone, had a terrible start to last season, held their nerve and had their best ever.....Decisions should be made at the end of next next season and based on the overall performance of the managemnt and players. Obviously we should expect changes throughout the season, but hopefully not an overhaul or reboot. Resist knee jerk reactions at all costs.

Likewise, the MCT board will need to look inwards to themeselves and see who worked out and who didn't. I would assume some form of board elective system will be put in place and in the future, anyone could rightly ask for a seat on the board, which would require a member vote should it happen. 

I nominate 'Boy with Drum' for all the expertise that he will bring.

Next.

*insert signature here*

10 hours ago, WhowouldbeaMortonfan said:

1) Once the takeover deal was ratified by its members, MCT should have started/accelerated a review of the future structure of the club - with hybrid full/part time making far more sense than 'what the Raes did, but better'.

2) This opens up a much more promising choice of manager - Stewart Petrie - who is still inexplicably in charge of Montrose. By running with a hybrid model, GMFC does not need to ask Petrie to give up his job out of football. He could run the same full squad sessions as he does at Montrose, while an assistant coach takes the full-time players during the rest of the week for fitness and strength work. We already have a fitness coach on the books as well as Chris Millar who could do that role. 

3) Your demand for a choice that guarantees success marks you out as a disingenuous lickspittle yet again. No choice guarantees success but there are better ones with a convincing track record and a proven ability to get the most out of very limited resources, and then there's handing a two year deal to someone who got fewer points in charge than a fitness coach. 

10 hours ago, WhowouldbeaMortonfan said:

I won't be taking any lectures on how to best support the club from the craven Quisling who insisted just three months ago that handing over the ground to the Raes for keeps was the best possible deal we could get and that MCT members should vote for this club-killing act. You're a busted flush.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

2 hours ago, vikingTON said:

1) Once the takeover deal was ratified by its members, MCT should have started/accelerated a review of the future structure of the club - with hybrid full/part time making far more sense than 'what the Raes did, but better'.

2) This opens up a much more promising choice of manager - Stewart Petrie - who is still inexplicably in charge of Montrose. By running with a hybrid model, GMFC does not need to ask Petrie to give up his job out of football. He could run the same full squad sessions as he does at Montrose, while an assistant coach takes the full-time players during the rest of the week for fitness and strength work. We already have a fitness coach on the books as well as Chris Millar who could do that role. 

3) Your demand for a choice that guarantees success marks you out as a disingenuous lickspittle yet again. No choice guarantees success but there are better ones with a convincing track record and a proven ability to get the most out of very limited resources, and then there's handing a two year deal to someone who got fewer points in charge than a fitness coach. 

I won't be taking any lectures on how to best support the club from the craven Quisling who insisted just three months ago that handing over the ground to the Raes for keeps was the best possible deal we could get and that MCT members should vote for this club-killing act. You're a busted flush.

2) When was the last time we got anyone from the East Coast who worked out well for us?

Petrie may be flavour of the month for taking a bunch of also-rans to the heady position of being, erm, also-rans but there's nothing to suggest that I) he would come to us in the first place; or 2) he wouldn't snake us for some no-mark Fife club at the first opportunity.

*insert signature here*

"1) Once the takeover deal was ratified by its members, MCT should have started/accelerated a review of the future structure of the club - with hybrid full/part time making far more sense than 'what the Raes did, but better'."

How do you know the haven't/didn't do exactly that?

Until their names on the title deeds we won't find out exactly what the plan going forward is.

I'd suggest MCT have been doing a lot more of the day to day running of the club over the last few months than the old board and would have been involved in hiring MacPherson initially. 

On 5/30/2021 at 1:18 PM, The Bewilderedbeast said:

"1) Once the takeover deal was ratified by its members, MCT should have started/accelerated a review of the future structure of the club - with hybrid full/part time making far more sense than 'what the Raes did, but better'."

How do you know the haven't/didn't do exactly that?

Until their names on the title deeds we won't find out exactly what the plan going forward is.

If they've conducted a review of the club structure, are rolling out their grand plan in response and have concluded that the best possible candidate to do that is, err, the one who just so happens to have been the caretaker under a different regime, then that would be a less logical decision than trying to kick the can down for a couple of years. 

Archived