Championship 2021/22 Thread - Page 20 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 2021/22 Thread

As fun as it would be to see Arbroath win, it's not great for us if we end up needing a result next week. 

ETA: that being said, we could organise the draw next week knowing that Killie would need to win by at least 4 at Raith. A draw would be worse tonight. 

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SpoonTon said:

As fun as it would be to see Arbroath win, it's not great for us if we end up needing a result next week. 

ETA: that being said, we could organise the draw next week knowing that Killie would need to win by at least 4 at Raith. A draw would be worse tonight. 

If we can’t keep ourselves up with a 5 point advantage and a +8 goal-difference with two games left to play then, quite frankly, we deserve to be relegated.

7 minutes ago, RealTonKid said:

If we can’t keep ourselves up with a 5 point advantage and a +8 goal-difference with two games left to play then, quite frankly, we deserve to be relegated.

Yeah, all my logic and reasoning says that both Ayr and Dunfermline won't win tomorrow - and failing that they're not going to both win both of their games. I also think we'll take at least a point tomorrow. I'm sure come the end of the season there will be a comfortable gap, and hopefully we can move back up a place. 

None of that reasoning stops me from worrying, though! 

I checked the other day and it was 16/1 for results to not go our way on Saturday. I'm more than confident that it would be a losing bet somehow. 

Just want it to be over and us safe after tomorrow. Dragging on too long now. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Killie been shite btw. The more I think about the narrative that we want killie up as killie will stroll the league next year and Arbroath will fall away, the more I think that most of those Arbroath players are on long term contracts and they're a bloody good team at this level regardless of their status. 

If they don't go up I can see them being right up challenging for promotion again. 

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

If Queens had lost midweek then I'd have been concerned that they'd let the Little People walk over them. Partick's nick of a pitch makes 0-0 the most likely result there too. 

It's annoying that it isn't done and dusted yet because I want Imrie to be in a position to line up targets in advance for a change. Last summer's three week disadvantage waiting for the play-offs to end was a significant issue. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Odious bigot Dick 'dick' Campbell has his latest, plucky, part time, fairytale title bid shattered at the death. 

What a terrible, wee shame for him. 

18077305_1458974037486894_6201726672073950376_o.jpg

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

28 minutes ago, RealTonKid said:

Killie up. Unlucky Arbroath. They’ve still got a shot through the play-off route.

They really don't.

Good result tonight. Dead rubber for Arbroath next week. Big spenders gone from the league for next year. Arbroath kept as an away day as long as The Famous do their jobs tomorrow and/or next week.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

43 minutes ago, RealTonKid said:

Killie up. Unlucky Arbroath. They’ve still got a shot through the play-off route.

They're toast after that insipid folding in the second half, and their 0-4 trouncing by Sir Douglas' rampant side next week - setting down a marker for next season - will do nothing for their morale either.

The team that finishes 11th in the Premiership should have the cigars out by the end of the first leg, against whatever dross ends up playing them. 

Reckon we’ll win up there next week. They looked dead on their feet in the 2nd half and will have the play offs to think about. Plus Gaston was clearly injured so I doubt he’ll feature against us.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

On 4/22/2022 at 10:59 PM, AyrshireTon said:

Reckon we’ll win up there next week. They looked dead on their feet in the 2nd half and will have the play offs to think about. Plus Gaston was clearly injured so I doubt he’ll feature against us.

Not sure they will rest too many.

Any player who doesn't play against us will go 18 days without playing which is a long time to be out going into such an important game.

I'm guessing a couple of changes tops and other key players getting an hour or so.

Going by Dougies interview, we will play a few kids too, time for Alexander to shine!!

2 hours ago, Madton said:

Not sure they will rest too many.

Any player who doesn't play against us will go 18 days without playing which is a long time to be out going into such an important game.

I was forgetting that they have to wait for the 3rd v 4th game.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived